2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

Probably a dumb question but I can't find the answer!! If I request first floor at BCV will I have a patio with chairs? I've looked at pictures and from what I've seen it is hit or miss on the first floor. Thanks for any info you can give me...we leave in 5 weeks!!!:banana:

I was able to switch us back to the Beach Club for this Thursday!! :cool1: I called the BC to confirm that the pool is open (no offense to mvennum but I wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth) and they confirmed that it is open!

I had already done online check-in for Kidani but it wasn't a problem. Our original room type (GV CL) wasn't available but Lagoon View Club Level was!!

I'm so excited - we'll be there in 3 days!

Dee - We had originally reserved the noodles during that time, which then disappeared... are they back? are they available? do you still need me to pick some up? Sorry, I haven't kept up to date with this thread since we had switched resorts. Our dates are 4/19-4/22.

I can't say for certain if they have the chocolate Mickey available, but I thought I read it was at some point.

I found this information that might help ... Walt Disney World’s Cake-Ordering Hotline at 407-827-2253.

Or try room service/in-room dining at the Beach Club.

Good luck!

The white chocolate Mickey is available through in-room dining as you suggested. Or I suppose I should say was. Bet it still is though.

Probably a dumb question but I can't find the answer!! If I request first floor at BCV will I have a patio with chairs? I've looked at pictures and from what I've seen it is hit or miss on the first floor. Thanks for any info you can give me...we leave in 5 weeks!!!:banana:

All first floor villas have a patio with two chairs and a small table.

pixarmom, thanks for the photos. Always fun to see. Glad you and your son had a great trip.:surfweb:

DisneyMomx7, what wonderful news about your mother. :hug:

Yay about SAB for all of you arriving soon. :cool1:

Other than the pool, does anyone know if there's any other construction / refurb, going on at BC or YC? Way back a few months ago, some folks commented on the BC being painted, and then going over to refurb the YC. Is there any update on that? thanks!

Laurie, for what it's worth from me, a person who has never stayed on site at Disney, it sounds like you won't regret that $680. Think of how much more you will enjoy waiting for November to come knowing that you will have the view for DH and the lounge as an additional place for DS to go! It's not just the vacation, it's the anticipation as well...

Laurie...If you can swing it, go for CL. The flexibility is awesome. We always debate views, and we mix it up. Whatever you choose, have a great trip.

Laurie - I would go with GV CL and ask for one of the rooms that has a nice sideways view of the lagoon. My oldest ds has Asperger's so I know what you mean - the lounge would be a good place to get away in the afternoon. The mornings are really crowded and you might find that it's actually better to bring the food back to your room in the am.

Thank you all so much for your advice!!
Robyn I am going to take your advice and go with GV CL and make that request. Thanks for the tip about the morning, any crowds we can avoid is a bonus for us! It's nice to have someone who understands where I'm coming from, thank you again:worship: We actually had a Disney cruise booked for June 2012 but after our visit to BC this past Nov. I realized DS would NEVER be able to handle being in a cabin:scared1: so back to BC for us (no complaints here:thumbsup2).
Laurie

Hey guys - just wanted to let you know that my All Ears "Rate and Review" for BC CL is up.

I never did one before but after a terrible review from BWIFAN4LIFE I couldn't just let it go!

LaurieN - so glad that it worked out for you. We really like GV CL and twice we've had great rooms that had a nice sideway view of Crescent Lake.

Thanks for posting all the pics Pixarmom. Sounds like you had a nice trip. We are going down this week and staying at BWV, but only because BCV was booked. Any SAB is still better than no SAB. Will be sticking with the quiet pool at BWV, though. The clown creeps me out!

Toni

Toni, have a great trip - we love BWI too!

Pixarmom, thanks for tHe pics! I LOLed when I saw the "construction golf cart". :rotfl2: And your room was GORGEOUS. Love the sliding door.

Glad the noodles, or their noodley dopplegangers, have reappeared! My2disneyboys and are are sharing them in a couple of weeks... :)

Also, thanks for the info about SAB! My kids will be so happy to have the whole pool.

Hi Feckless! So excited for you - the kids will love the noodles - we had such fun with them last August and they loved the whole idea of the swap.

Hi PixarMom,

Thanks for the great photos and the mini trip report. It makes me wish our March trip did not have to end. I would love to be back in the midst of your pictures.

It looks like everyone was enjoying the pool just fine, in spite of the construction.

Janet

Hi Janet! Yes, everyone was having a great time at SAB! More regarding BC/YC soon!

I know there is a playground area listed on the maps near SAB, but it wasn't there when we stayed in May/June. Anyone know if they plan on rebuilding a playground?

Hi jcondrad! I talked to an SAB lifeguard shortly after they took the playground down and replaced it with the additional loungers. I don't know what the official plans are, but that CM reported that the playground was down permanently to make more space for lounge chairs.

Welcome back Pixarmom!

So happy to hear that you guys liked YC. It's almost the same as BC - but no Teena!

When we stayed at YC we always had a waterview room, 1st floor right near the "secret exit"! Loved that we didn't have to traipse through the lobby all the time.

Great pictures. Even with the construction they make me "homesick" for SAB!

Sounds like you had a fabulous trip!!!

Too bad about the KLP - I means it's FLORIDA!!!!!

Thanks, Robyn! It really was wonderful. Looking at the pictures of our room makes me so happy and now the older boys want to try YC, too. When I get to posting our BC vs. YC thoughts, I'll include the impact of our stay on future plans!

Pixarmom - great pictures. SAB looks so inviting even with the renovations. Thanks for giving us a wonderful Y /BC fix:cool1:

Hi HockeyMom! I couldn't even see the renovations when I was in the pool - it was very well done. Good to hear from you!!

pixarmom - LOVE your pics thanks for sharing! Your pics make me want to try out YC. DH loves BC, but I would love to try all at some point. Gorgeous room! :thumbsup2

Thanks Pixarmom for great pics! I am YC homesick! I loved your view too! We always had wedding gazebo on club level and that is a gripe sort of when you stay garden view on club, your view choice is extremely limited!!!!!

We are trying BC CL this summer and seeing YC now I am homesick. Hope your stay was terrific. Last summer we won a free disney trip and I too stayed in a mod for the first time in 10 years and it was POFQ and we all loved it too!!! So much in fact that to save on expenses this year we booked POR a few nights before BC CL.

Anxious to hear more!

Thanks, scottmel! I just returned and I'm already homesick! I hope you love BC as much as we do - comparison coming soon!

Pixarmom great pics. Your YC room was so nice and bright! Looking forward to hearing your comparison. No day bed? Was your room smaller then the BC rooms?

Hi Sue! The room was so wonderful - much brighter than I expected and I thought it was equal in size to the BC rooms. I've never stayed in a room with a sliding glass door and the long windows on both sides (I know they have them at BC, but we've always had the non-sliding doors and smaller windows.) No daybed for us - it was just our youngest and me, not all five of us, so we didn't need one this time.

Thanks for the review! We decided to book a trip for May 2013 to "bribe" our daughter to get potty trained...I have resorted to stooping to bribing to get it done (not to mention I am getting rewarded with another Disney trip and no diapers :)) but we are struggling with where to stay. We stayed BC CL last year and LOVED it, we were considering trying YC CL or BW CL this time around (we are big Epcot fans so we don't even consider the monorail resorts). I'd be curious to hear your opinion on the difference between YC and BC!

Coming soon! And I'll throw in a BWI CL comparison with them in case it's helpful as you make your decision! As you can see from my signature, the answer to this dilemma is the split stay!

I'm so excited - we'll be there in 3 days!

Dee - We had originally reserved the noodles during that time, which then disappeared... are they back? are they available? do you still need me to pick some up? Sorry, I haven't kept up to date with this thread since we had switched resorts. Our dates are 4/19-4/22.

Hi DisMomAmy! I posted about the noodles a couple pages ago - we just returned from YC a couple days ago and I spoke with Bell Services CMs at both YC and BC. The original noodles are gone, but the new noodles are available and ready for pick-up at BC Bell Services!

pixarmom, thanks for the photos. Always fun to see. Glad you and your son had a great trip.:surfweb:

Thanks, BCV23! :)

Other than the pool, does anyone know if there's any other construction / refurb, going on at BC or YC? Way back a few months ago, some folks commented on the BC being painted, and then going over to refurb the YC. Is there any update on that? thanks!

Hi Suzie! We just returned from YC a couple days ago and I posted a photo of some of the cranes outside YC a couple pages back. So yes, there are cranes on the lake side of YC and by the time we left on Saturday, a crane appeared in the lake side entrance courtyard. I'm not sure how long they will be there, but they weren't noisy at all - just changed the look of the exterior a bit.

4 resorts in less than 2 weeks but I SWEAR I'm sticking with BC GV CL! not only do I get to stay BCV with the family in October, but now I've booked club level for my solo weekend trip in July :)
Are all GV rooms for CL on the lounge floor or should I add that request to my ressie? I'm going to email IPO in a few for some ADR changes and will mention that request if needed.
Although I'm sad DH won't be joining me, I'm looking forward to a relaxing Beach Club stay :beach: !!!

4 resorts in less than 2 weeks but I SWEAR I'm sticking with BC GV CL! not only do I get to stay BCV with the family in October, but now I've booked club level for my solo weekend trip in July :)
Are all GV rooms for CL on the lounge floor or should I add that request to my ressie? I'm going to email IPO in a few for some ADR changes and will mention that request if needed.
Although I'm sad DH won't be joining me, I'm looking forward to a relaxing Beach Club stay :beach: !!!

Hi pumpkinfish! GV CL rooms are on the 5th floor (same as the lounge!)

Hello Dee!

Thank you for posting such a great thread-I have really been able to gather a lot of great information and am very excited for our trip!

Could you add me to the Be Our Guest post, my family and I are visiting BC June 9th-June 15th.

Also, if the Noodle family every does resurface, may we be added for a #2 spot behind Timon & Pumba-we have several days that overlap. Any news on the poor Noodles?!

Thank you! Jen

Hi DisMomAmy! I posted about the noodles a couple pages ago - we just returned from YC a couple days ago and I spoke with Bell Services CMs at both YC and BC. The original noodles are gone, but the new noodles are available and ready for pick-up at BC Bell Services!

Great! Thanks! I assume that since our name is still on the list on page one, we are all set to host the noodle family for our dates.

I need to get caught up on this thread tonight! Assuming the DIS cooperates!

I haven't been on it, but since I see people going up the stairs and not going back down them again...

Hey guys - just wanted to let you know that my All Ears "Rate and Review" for BC CL is up.

I never did one before but after a terrible review from BWIFAN4LIFE I couldn't just let it go!

LaurieN - so glad that it worked out for you. We really like GV CL and twice we've had great rooms that had a nice sideway view of Crescent Lake.

Somewhere, someone's eye just started twitching?

Loved the review.

Playing catch up & I see that Teena & Dee are both on vacation!

Teena & Dee - I hope you are both having fun!!

Does anyone know when Teena gets back? We'll be there this weekend & I'm hoping to meet her...

Great positive review Robyn!! ;)

Nicely worded review, Robyn. But I need to ask - several comments on there are saying BC CL rooms are dated??? 2010 and 2011 comments. Would you not call them in excellent condition? I found YC to be such and don't want to be disappointed here..thoughts>

Hey fellow WNYer! :goodvibes We're from West Seneca. Maybe we'll see you at Stormalong Bay. We're at YC club level 5/12-19. Look for the middle aged man wearing Red Sox t shirt or a Cowboys jersey with a Bruins championship baseball cap. :-)sad2:)

We live in Orchard Park so we are neighbors! I'm always amazed at how the Dis shows us what a small world it is. We'll look for you in your Boston team gear! We'll be sporting both Sabres and Rangers hats since DH is from NY. My youngest son is also often wearing his Pluto hat which just cracks me up - you know the one with the ears down the side that flap when he runs LOL.

I'm so happy for everyone going this week that SAB is back up and running - hope you all have a magical time. What a wonderful sprinkling of pixie dust!

After a wonderful YC stay last week, I'll summarize our thoughts regarding the differences we saw between BC and YC (with a few BWI comments mixed in!)

1) Lobby. I think this is all about personal preference. The YC lobby is lovely, and while it's definitely darker and more formal than the BC lobby, it's not the least bit stuffy. As I've seen in the past, there are quite a few conference attendees, while BC seems to attract more families. The BC lobby tends to be busy in the morning with Cape May, and the YC lobby tends to be busy at happy hour. So while many say the YC lobby is more quiet, I actually felt like it was a wash in terms of lobby activity. At times, I could really tell YC was a conference hotel because we encountered so many conference attendees in the lobby, elevators and store, but it had less of a conference feel than either CSR or Dolphin (we've stayed at those, too - Dolphin felt the most conferency.)

Of course, we missed Teena in the lobby! (But that's because it wasn't one of her regularly scheduled work days and she's enjoying her cruise!) But we were fortunate to meet Teena and Bob's friend, Gary, who is the part-time greeter in the YC lobby. We talked with him a few times during our stay - what a nice guy and a pleasure to meet! We'll be sure to stop by the YC lobby to say hello to him in the future, even when we're staying at BC.

In the end, I prefer the BC lobby - just more my style. And I'm highly sentimental, so that's a big factor for me. Of the Epcot area resorts, I'd rank the lobbies as follows: 1) BC; 2) YC; 3) BWI.

2) Stores. Fittings and Fairings at YC opened at 9am, which was surprising to me as a Disney early bird! I'm used to the 6:30am BC Marketplace opening for coffee, and then the remaining area opening at 7am. F&F has a nice selection of merchandise (far more than at BC Marketplace, it seemed) and a small selection of grocery items (fewer than at BC Marketplace.)

In the end, F&F at YC wins for merchandise and BC Marketplace wins for everything else (including operating hours!)

For those interested in a BWI comparison, I'd rank BWI similarly to YC - it wins for merchandise, but BC Marketplace wins for everything else.

3) Food. For the first time, I was a little concerned about CS. We usually don't use CS much, but I was traveling alone with our 5-year-old and I knew he would fall asleep during at least one dinner ADR. He did, and I needed dinner #2 for him after Illuminations. BC Marketplace was perfect and the kids' meals there are a very good value (a relatively large flatbread pizza, grapes, cookie and milk for under $6.) Of course, the options are a little different at YC (and if I was looking for an evening snack and wanted to sit down, I'd definitely go to Crew's Cup.) It really wasn't a problem to stop at BC Marketplace on the way back from Epcot and they packaged up dinner #2 in a paper bag with a handle, so it was great. But I do like having BC Marketplace close to our room when staying at BC.

As for Ale and Compass, this is the second time I intended to take photos of the breakfast there, but once again, I failed. Another poster provided a photo of the small case of pastries last year, and again I just didn't feel that I could add much. We initially intended to grab breakfast at Ale and Compass at least one morning, but our 5-year-old requested Cape May and Hollywood and Vine - since it was just the two of us, I booked ADRs at both. (I recommend both for the 5-and-under crowd - even though I don't eat much breakfast, he ate very well and had such a great time with the characters that I felt they were both a good value for us in the end.)

As for TS, I love Yachtsman for dinner and Cape May for breakfast. But it's easy to get to Yachtsman from BC and Cape May from YC, so that's a wash.

For those interested in the BWI comparison, I'd rank BC/YC above BWI for CS and TS. The BC Marketplace is far more convenient for us than the Boardwalk Bakery and the CS stands on the Boardwalk. And we prefer Yachtsman and Cape May over Flying Fish and ESPN (have not been to Kouzinna.) They are all so close to each other that I don't really think it makes much difference for TS.

4) Refill mugs. I'm a big fan of the refill mug, even when staying CL, so self-serve refill stations are very important to me. Since BC has the Marketplace, BC wins there. Ale and Compass has the self-serve coffee, but the rest is not self-serve. BWI doesn't have any self-serve refill stations, but that's not a problem if you're staying CL.

5) Rooms. Wow - I loved that YC room so much more than I expected. It seems like it's identical to BC except: a) full balcony guarantee; b) decor - mostly color scheme; and c) the sliding glass door and large windows in our YC room were unlike any of the BC rooms I've stayed in before. But that last one isn't necessarily a difference, because I can see from the outside that BC has several rooms with sliding glass doors and large windows. It just seems (again, from the outside) that this set-up is more prevalent at YC, along with the full balconies.

So in the end, I still prefer the BC decor, with YC and BWI tied for second. When choosing between BC and YC, I'd have to decide if I prefer that decor enough to outweigh the more likely full balcony, sliding glass door and large windows. I think it does.

6) Location. Another wash. BC is closer to Epcot, but YC is close to the boat dock. Maybe slight advantage to YC for us because we tend to use the YC side of SAB much more than the BC side.

In the end, BC is still my favorite resort and our 5-year-old said the same. We had a wonderful stay at YC and I'm so glad we tried it. We're likely to continue choosing BC over YC, even with the balcony issue. Again, much of this is just personal preference and a strong sentimental attachment to BC. And when we stay at BWI, it will only be if we book CL and for part of a split stay with BC. (BWI CL is outstanding and really what will keep us going back there for a night or two either before or after BC.)

I hope this is helpful and I'm happy to try to answer any questions!

Hello Dee!

Thank you for posting such a great thread-I have really been able to gather a lot of great information and am very excited for our trip!

Could you add me to the Be Our Guest post, my family and I are visiting BC June 9th-June 15th.

Also, if the Noodle family every does resurface, may we be added for a #2 spot behind Timon & Pumba-we have several days that overlap. Any news on the poor Noodles?!

Thank you! Jen

I know you will enjoy the BC/YC resort as much as I do!!

I haven't been on it, but since I see people going up the stairs and not going back down them again...

So glad it's up and running for all our Disfriends visiting this week.

Nicely worded review, Robyn. But I need to ask - several comments on there are saying BC CL rooms are dated??? 2010 and 2011 comments. Would you not call them in excellent condition? I found YC to be such and don't want to be disappointed here..thoughts>

Stayed BC CL last May, did not think room was dated at all :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter