2011 New Year's Cruise

TexasGirl08

Earning My Ears
I am in the process of trying to convince DH that we should make reservations for the 2011 8night Holiday cruise that's over new year's eve while we are on our cruise next month. It sounds amazing to me, but I just wanted to get some input from anyone who has gone on a holiday cruise, esp over New Years. I assume they have a NYE party? Do they have any other special things going on that are just for holiday cruises? Also, how is the weather that time of year in the Carribean?

I am in the process of trying to convince DH that we should make reservations for the 2011 8night Holiday cruise that's over new year's eve while we are on our cruise next month. It sounds amazing to me, but I just wanted to get some input from anyone who has gone on a holiday cruise, esp over New Years. I assume they have a NYE party? Do they have any other special things going on that are just for holiday cruises? Also, how is the weather that time of year in the Carribean?

Join me on the 2010 10 day Holiday cruise over NYE this year and experience first hand. My first time too and haven't found much infomration on it except that Holiday decorations will still be up and they have great parties.

I've done one previous NYE and am planning on this years 10 Day Southern with NYE at sea.

On NYE they have special programming, menus and parties throughout the ship - the main celebration is held in the Atrium - DJ's, balloon drops, etc. - lots of Champagne if desired.

I thought that the party we went to in the Atrium was pretty good.

The weather.... can be perfect but not too warm, can be cool and rainy or horribly cold and miserable, no way to tell.

I've done one previous NYE and am planning on this years 10 Day Southern with NYE at sea.

On NYE they have special programming, menus and parties throughout the ship - the main celebration is held in the Atrium - DJ's, balloon drops, etc. - lots of Champagne if desired.

I thought that the party we went to in the Atrium was pretty good.

Hi Been2marceline,

We will be on the same cruise. We just booked last month and more than excited. Was NYE consider Formal or Semi-Formal on your previous NYE cruise?

The cruise meet has been dead, so I was thinking everyone dropped out.

We were on the 2003/04 New Years Cruise on the Magic.
It was awesome, huge party with a count down in the atrium, and they broadcast it to all the bars if you wants to party there instead. Best New Years party I have ever been too, my kids loved it too.

The funniest part, it was the only night that most of the cruisers stayed up past 10 pm.........and a big chunk of them headed to bed at 12:01 am New Years day even though the next day was a sea day. As I have posted at least 3,000 times here, I have never been on a cruise where people go to bed so early.

Hi Been2marceline,

We will be on the same cruise. We just booked last month and more than excited. Was NYE consider Formal or Semi-Formal on your previous NYE cruise?

The cruise meet has been dead, so I was thinking everyone dropped out.

I was all tux'ed up = mostly cuz of the Mrs... ;)

From what I remember it was definitely on Formal night.

Yeah - not sure about the meet thread....

I was all tux'ed up = mostly cuz of the Mrs... ;)

From what I remember it was definitely on Formal night.

Yeah - not sure about the meet thread....

Not sure I will make DH get Tux'ed up. :rolleyes1 Sounds like it will be fun. Disney does know how to have a celebration.

We were on the NYE cruise this year ( on the Magic). I was surprised that it was NOT formal night, it was semi formal night- but several people still dressed in their formal stuff. They did not have a balloon drop- they had that on the last night 'Til we meet again party. They did have a special menu- and it was delicious! They had party hats at dinner for all the kids. The party was outside on deck- similar to the Pirate party and the Sailaway party- lots of music and dancing. They did fireworks at midnight ( did not do them on Pirate night) they also walked around giving out champagne ( and sparkling cider- it had a cherry in it so you knew which was which) in keepsake plastic champagne flutes that had the date on them ( lots of people left theirs sitting around so we got a dozen and brought them home- yeah, we're Disney geeks). I don't know what it was about it- I'm not that into the Pirate Party or Sailaway party- but NYE just seemed magical. I think they might have been walking around with food also- I can't remember.

You never know about the weather in January- embarkment day was overcast and cool, then we had several days of gorgeous weather. NYE was a little chilly and then our last night was VERY windy and cool. But I believe the weather the week after our NYE cruise was freezing!

I am glad we did it and I have no idea if it is the same each year. But keep in mind that the Christmas and NYE cruises are supposedly the most expensive! We are doing 4 night and 5 night b2b on the Dream in June 2011 for cheaper than our 7 night NYE cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter