2011 Free Dining is Extended! New dates as of 8/3

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been covered but I just want to check.

Last year when we were over we got free QS which we upgraded to the normal Dining Plan and it was fab. This year we booked with a UK travel agent rather than directly with Disney. We are staying at POFQ for 14 nights and have 14 day park tickets. I have just noticed that free QSDP is now available on those dates if you book now. I'm assuming there is no way I can get this now right? Would be a MAJOR bonus if we could but I'm guessing it's for new bookings.

Thanks

mo x

If Free QSDP is available and there are open rooms at your resort for the promotion then you should be ableto get it. Since you went through a TA they will have to call for you. :goodvibes

If Free QSDP is available and there are open rooms at your resort for the promotion then you should be ableto get it. Since you went through a TA they will have to call for you. :goodvibes

Thanks for that info. Travel agent who booked it is a friend so will give her a call and see if she can do anything!

Thanks

mo x

FYI - I just received the allears.net newsletter and one of their "All Ears Hears" comments was as follows:

....from Josefina Leiva in Buenos Aires, Argentina: Just wanted to let you know that Disney World has released a new Free Dining Plan promotion for Spain, Portugal and Latin America residents. Travel dates are from August 28 to September 24, 2011. The promotion is very similar to last year, but this year you must also book a Photopass Photobook ($100 per room) in order to be given the free Dining Plan. If you stay at a Value Resort, you get the Quick Service Dining Plan for free. If you stay at a Moderate or Deluxe Resort, you get the Dining Plan for free.

I hope this is a sign of things to come for everyone here in the US and Canada:goodvibes

FYI - I just received the allears.net newsletter and one of their "All Ears Hears" comments was as follows:

....from Josefina Leiva in Buenos Aires, Argentina: Just wanted to let you know that Disney World has released a new Free Dining Plan promotion for Spain, Portugal and Latin America residents. Travel dates are from August 28 to September 24, 2011. The promotion is very similar to last year, but this year you must also book a Photopass Photobook ($100 per room) in order to be given the free Dining Plan. If you stay at a Value Resort, you get the Quick Service Dining Plan for free. If you stay at a Moderate or Deluxe Resort, you get the Dining Plan for free.

I hope this is a sign of things to come for everyone here in the US and Canada:goodvibes

HMM, if you have to book photopass, I wonder if it will be per room. I see above that it says $100.00 per room. So, if you have two rooms booked because of the number of people in your party I wonder if you would have to book two photopasses. I realize this is sort of a rhetorical question but thought I would put it out there for opinions.

I'm going to have to look at my figures again. I LOVED:love::love::love: Free Dining when we did it in 09...but having to buy something I didn't intend on buying...and at a cost of $100 may make it not worth it for us.:headache:

I'm going to have to look at my figures again. I LOVED:love::love::love: Free Dining when we did it in 09...but having to buy something I didn't intend on buying...and at a cost of $100 may make it not worth it for us.:headache:

I wouldn't sweat this one...the US offer never matches the offers for countries outside the US.

Oh good...guess I'll wait to find out what ours is before I do anything... popcorn::Thanks!

When hearing about the Free DP, it always comes with the "for a family of four..." Well, we are only a family of two (three including our yorkie, Samson, but I don't think he'd like the rides - LOL!) So how does that work?

I am really hoping for another round of dates for free dining this December, as the hubby and I have been wanting to go to and see all the christmas decorations. I worked as a castmember during the holidays back in 1998-1999 so I was lucky enough to see some of the decorations, but my husband's first time to WDW ever was just last year and he's already itching to return!

When hearing about the Free DP, it always comes with the "for a family of four..." Well, we are only a family of two (three including our yorkie, Samson, but I don't think he'd like the rides - LOL!) So how does that work?

I am really hoping for another round of dates for free dining this December, as the hubby and I have been wanting to go to and see all the christmas decorations. I worked as a castmember during the holidays back in 1998-1999 so I was lucky enough to see some of the decorations, but my husband's first time to WDW ever was just last year and he's already itching to return!

Suggested packages are for advertising purposes only. Usually there is a minimum number of nights (like 3) and a maximum # of nights (14, maybe?), but any party size and configuration is ok, as long as they fit in the room booked.

Awesome! Thanks, DisneyMom5! Now I am just keeping my fingers crossed for some new free dining dates to be announced :)

Announced on TMFL and Intercot

Currently, this FREE DINING package is ONLY for those using a Disney Visa Card.

Disney has released a package that includes resort, tickets, photopass photobook and free dining.

Guests who book a stay at one of Disney’s Value Resorts will receive a free Quick Service dining plan. Guests who book a stay at Disney’s Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villas resorts will receive Disney’s Basic Dining Plan free.

Travel dates are 8/28 to 9/24/11

When you calculate this offer out, you are paying for all components except the dining. So, if you have the previous free dining offer - that price is lower (since you are not paying the ~$90.90 for the photopass photobook.)

Travel agents "expect" (no guarantee) this offer to go to the general public on Monday

Disney has released a package that includes resort, tickets, photopass photobook and free dining.

Guests who book a stay at one of Disney’s Value Resorts will receive a free Quick Service dining plan. Guests who book a stay at Disney’s Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villas resorts will receive Disney’s Basic Dining Plan free.

When you calculate this offer out, you are paying for all components except the dining. So, if you have the previous free dining offer - that price is lower (since you are not paying the ~$90.90 for the photopass photobook.)

Travel agents "expect" (no guarantee) this offer to go to the general public on Monday

hi there fellow ontarians, we also live in on,canada. we are currently booked for sept 22-oct 2 however got the deal for room but was waiting to see if the DP would come so we could change,i wonder if we will get it if the dates are only till sept 24th , thanks for info will keep looking.:yay:

CONFIRMING I just booked Free Dinning for my dates 8/29-9-6 using Disney Visa. It was for the quick service plan but I upgraded to the Basic plan for about $125 per adult total.

Cant confirm if a photopass is included as many rumors have stated. Ill confirm when I get my email as my CM was a rookie.

CONFIRMING I just booked Free Dinning for my dates 8/29-9-6 using Disney Visa. It was for the quick service plan but I upgraded to the Basic plan for about $125 per adult total.

Cant confirm if a photopass is included as many rumors have stated. Ill confirm when I get my email as my CM was a rookie.

$125 per person for 1 week:scared1: That is way more expensive than last years upgrade. In September 2010 - 10 days - 3 adults - my entire upgrade was $200.

$125 per person for 1 week:scared1: That is way more expensive than last years upgrade. In September 2010 - 10 days - 3 adults - my entire upgrade was $200.

I haven't broke down the numbers but I think last years upgrade was like $14'ish per person per day so yes its doubled to close to $30 per person per day. BTW I had booked the original reservation with 20% room only. I think the $125 upgrade is also the reflected of the 20% discount removal.

Got got the updated email and this was included in my package: FEATURE
MEMORIES PHOTO BOOK [1]

Is this standard with all packages?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter