2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily spring will be here soon since Phil never saw his shadow...which I don't get with all the lights from the camera's:confused:

I think weather in Florida is hit or miss as far as warm months versus cold months in the winter.

We were there in Dec 08 and it was hot! We were swimming while listening to Christmas music. :yay: In March of 09, we were cold. It wasn't miserable though. In Dec 10, it was freezing! We couldn't believe how cold it was. :scared1:

So I wouldn't base a return date on what the weather was like last Dec.

FL weather is all over the place from pretty much Oct. - March. Just this past month there were days when we could open the windows for a bit and then shut them and run the A/C and other days when we've had temps in the 30s. It can change 40 degrees in the course of one day so there really isn't any way to predict how it will be for an entire month.

Luckily spring will be here soon since Phil never saw his shadow...which I don't get with all the lights from the camera's:confused:

If Phil wasn't kept in a cage, he would be burrowed so deep by now with this weather we have been having , he not stuck his nose out until June :lmao:

Incidently we were laughing about Phil on Feb 2nd since my mother-in-law lives in a rural area with all types of wild life and actually has a ground hog living there. She has not seen hide nor hare of him or the rabbits for quite some time now.

FL weather is all over the place from pretty much Oct. - March. Just this past month there were days when we could open the windows for a bit and then shut them and run the A/C and other days when we've had temps in the 30s. It can change 40 degrees in the course of one day so there really isn't any way to predict how it will be for an entire month.

I have noticed that about Florida weather reading various trip reports, etc on here. I am wanting to change our trip dates till later in October, we originally were booked for Oct 23-29 but changed to take advantage of the public discount. But I have seen where it can be hot in October too, just not as humid and September can go either way pleasantly warm or hot and humid.

Did not find the July visitors list, or did I miss it :confused3

we are at the Beach Club Resort from July 28 to August 2 and then we will be cruising with the Disney Dreams for 5 nights :cool1:

You may have any of our snow you want- I will wish it your way!

Not sure that anyone has volunteered for the July list.

Hate to see poor old July hanging out there.....So I will get that one started before we get booted to a new thread. July is when we have been the last couple years but commitments have moved us back to August this year.

All these weather reports (and pictures) make our 35degree rain seem quite comfortable.....Spring's a comin'! :flower3: Hang in there.

:wizard:Yacht and Beach Club July Trip List:wizard:

JennB July 19 - July 28 YC Club (Party of 5!)
Lov2@disney July 22 July 30 YC
Swissgirl66 July 28 - Aug 2 BC

Ok July'ers.....let me know.

Tomorrow Morning around this time, I will be checking into the Beach Club for our very first stay at this resort :goodvibes

Can hardly believe that after all this planning and waiting, it is our turn!

:lovestruc

Tomorrow Morning around this time, I will be checking into the Beach Club for our very first stay at this resort :goodvibes

Have a safe and magical trip !​

see you Sunday or Monday

I woke up this morning to snow...not that it's unusual right now since we had 12 inches dumped on us Tuesday. But new flurries with more snow predicted Sunday and Monday, and Tuesday and Wednesday. (percentages change hourly)

Then Hobby in Texas was canceling flights because they had sleet yesterday and winter mix today...canceling morning flights and as up this afternoon delaying by two hours most of their incoming and out going flights. No telling about evening flights.

Snow Bites!!!!

We couldn't chance not getting back or only getting half way there. So I will not be checking into BCV's tomorrow. Instead we have rescheduled for mid September and will have to hope it's not too crowded. We're still at BCV, right now it's for the 17th through the 21st.

But for today I'm just completly bummed.

So anyone September experts, hows the crowds around Epcot then?

Hi everyone !! :wave2: I'm new to the Beach and Yacht Club thread...so far the info has been awseome on here ! last Sept we took our DD for her first trip to Disney World ! :cool1: Well, DH is now HOOKED!!! YAY!! So, we decided to go in 2012 probably the first week of June. We stayed at the GF but this time we decided to stay at either the Beach Club or Yacht Club.

I've got a few questions if anyone doesn't mind helping.... our DD will be 5 1/2 the next time we go. My DH is leaning towards the BC but I'm leaning towards the YC because all the rooms have a full balcony. If you stay at the BC, is the standing balcony okay ? Can you sit out there or do you basically just open your door for the view ?? :confused3 I loved sitting out on the balcony.

Also, is it a pretty easy walk to Epcot and HS from either one ? that's the big draw for us in staying there. I love that there's going to be so much more to do at night staying there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ! thanks !!!:goodvibes

Hi everyone !! :wave2: I'm new to the Beach and Yacht Club thread...so far the info has been awseome on here ! last Sept we took our DD for her first trip to Disney World ! :cool1: Well, DH is now HOOKED!!! YAY!! So, we decided to go in 2012 probably the first week of June. We stayed at the GF but this time we decided to stay at either the Beach Club or Yacht Club.

I've got a few questions if anyone doesn't mind helping.... our DD will be 5 1/2 the next time we go. My DH is leaning towards the BC but I'm leaning towards the YC because all the rooms have a full balcony. If you stay at the BC, is the standing balcony okay ? Can you sit out there or do you basically just open your door for the view ?? :confused3 I loved sitting out on the balcony.

Also, is it a pretty easy walk to Epcot and HS from either one ? that's the big draw for us in staying there. I love that there's going to be so much more to do at night staying there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ! thanks !!!:goodvibes

Our thread here is full so we started a new one. Please post there from now on as this one will be closed shortly. To answer your question, about 50% of the balconies at the BC are standing balconies and no, you cannot sit on them. It's a shorter walk from the BC to Epcot but it's a shorter walk to the boat to HS from the YC.

First I'd like to thank you for this very exciting thread, Dee - and all the people who have added to it.
I have a question... Have been reading thru these many posts, but am confusing myself (not very hard to do!)
We're staying at the BCV Aug 7 - 17 this year. Never having been to the resort, I'm finding it hard to figure the best area to request...
Do all the villas have balconies (or patios)? The owner asked me to advise him of where we'd like to request, but quite honestly, I don't even begin to know what to ask.
We'll have 2 kids with us (ages 5 & 9), so I'm unsure if we should ask to be closer to SAB or the walkway to Epcot (will be a might hot walk in Aug!), or maybe someplace else... WWYD and why?
What are your opinions of the views? From what I can tell, most people don't rate them highly.
Does anyone have any recent pics of a 1 or 2 bdrm villa?
Thank you for taking the time to answer.
Gretchen

First I'd like to thank you for this very exciting thread, Dee - and all the people who have added to it.
I have a question... Have been reading thru these many posts, but am confusing myself (not very hard to do!)
We're staying at the BCV Aug 7 - 17 this year. Never having been to the resort, I'm finding it hard to figure the best area to request...
Do all the villas have balconies (or patios)? The owner asked me to advise him of where we'd like to request, but quite honestly, I don't even begin to know what to ask.
We'll have 2 kids with us (ages 5 & 9), so I'm unsure if we should ask to be closer to SAB or the walkway to Epcot (will be a might hot walk in Aug!), or maybe someplace else... WWYD and why?
What are your opinions of the views? From what I can tell, most people don't rate them highly.
Does anyone have any recent pics of a 1 or 2 bdrm villa?
Thank you for taking the time to answer.
Gretchen

You might want to post this on the current thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2648534

Not sure why the moderators haven't closed this thread yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter