2010 Family Vacation is official!!!

josh0208

Mouseketeer
After much research and help from several travel agents, we finally found an reasonable rate for airfare to WDW during Easter 2010. Two weeks ago, flights from Milwaukee to WDW were going for $600-800 nonstop. Yesterday we got nonstop flights with Frontier for $238 a person!! My hands were shaking because I was in such a rush to get those tickets bought before the plane sold out. When I picked seating arrangements, the plane going was almost full. Having 11 people going...it's a miracle that we all got on that flight.

Now that the house and airfare are all finalized, we can start planning the fun stuff! :)

Thanks!

Here's our PTR:

A few months ago, our family decided to plan a trip to WDW in April 2010 during the kids spring break (4/3-4/10)...just like thousands of other people! :cool1:

The family includes myself age 39, DH, DS10, DS7, my 2 sisters, my niece, her fiance, their newborn son (7 months during trip), great-nephew age 5 and my mom age 74.

We are staying at a 4 bedroom pool home 10 minutes from the groups which includes 2 vehicles. Due the amount of people, we are still planning on renting 2 additional cars. I already have them reserved with National. I'm still playing with the prices and upgrades. It's a fun little game! :cool2:

I am the main planner of the trip which I absolutely love. I made a Disney 2010 countdown chain which the kids love. Every Saturday they remove a chain...very exciting.

I think the only "big" things I still have to take care of are the park passes and booking the Albatross cruise for DS7 and great-nephew age 5.

During the Albatross cruise, DH, DS10 and one of my sisters will be going on a fishing excursion and my neice & her fiance will be driving to the ocean for the day. Does anyone recommend a good place for the fishing? They just want to do lake...no ocean.

I'm planning a get together with everyone in October (our 6 month mark) to discuss the basics of the trip. Then we can decide on what size park passes to purchase.

In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions or ideas for our trip, I would LOVE to hear them. Thanks!!

Shirley

Where is a good place to order special T-shirts or does anyone know of a good place to design iron ons so I can make them myself? I thought it would be a great Xmas gift for everyone.

Also, where can I find instructions to make the autograph books and passports?

All help is appreciated!

I am a bargain shopper to the core. Gotta save those Disney dollars!;) The first place I'd suggest is www.disneyoutlet.com. They have some awesome deals and it may actually be cheaper than buying t-shirts and the iron ons to make them. Also www.disneyshopping.com last week had their graphic tees on sale in their Fall sale.

There is a thread here on the Discussion boards that entitled something like Disigns (like designs) where you can find some great information.

I can't help you out on making autograph books. I always just buy the ones that are at Disney World since they are only $5.00 or so. You can also order them from the www.disneyshopping.com website.

Thanks Mickeystoontown! I found some great items at the discountdisney site. I appreciate the link. That helped a great deal.

I just ordered the Unofficial Guide to Disney 2010 and the 2010 Orlando Entertainment book. Both should come in handy. :thumbsup2

The family has set up a date in October to get together at a local pumpkin farm. Figured it would give the kids something to do while the adults discussed the trip.

I have an idea...curious if it sounds like something 3 boys ages 10, 7 and 5 would care for. Once a month, I could set up a Disney night where we watch a Disney movie. popcorn::I could start on 10/3 which is the official 6 month mark for our trip. What do you think? Any ideas of other things we could do? ;)

Family got together yesterday to discuss park tickets and car rentals. Sounds like we have that part settled. There are so many deals going on right now that this is perfect timing.

Just called to book the Albatross Cruise for the boys and they said I'm 1 day early....here I thought they would tell me I was a month early. I can wait a day! :cool1:

So once the park tickets are purchases and the Albatross Cruise and fishing excursion is booked, all big planning is finished. Very exciting to have so much done already.

I purchased the 2010 travel books and am busy reading all the updates since the last time we were there. The kids are getting very excited. Everytime they see an airplane, they ask if that will be the one we are taking. We are flying Frontier so the planes stand out quite a bit with the pictures on the tail.

After the holidays, I plan on working on surprise bags for the airplane. Any ideas?

After trying all day yesterday and this morning, finally got through to Disney. :thumbsup2 They are always so friendly and helpful. It makes this whole planning that much nicer! I was able to book the boys Albatross Cruise on Wednesday 4/7 and made reservations at Captain Grille in the Yacht Club Resort for breakfast while they are on the cruise.

Now I just need to book the Gator Bass fishing for DH, DS and sister that same morning! Everyone will have a fun morning planned. :banana:

Question for those staying off grounds and have to buy park tickets. Have you ever purchased through the Official Ticket Center - Orlando or do you just buy directly from Disney? Trying to get a cheaper rate which OTC has but want to make sure it's safe. Any other suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter