2006 Packages

akamom

Are we there yet?
Why did they have to go and change these? Now dh doesn't think we'll be able to do a VR there. :sad: But I'm holding out hope that they change it back.

He says because this years including accomadations and tickets, it was a better price than the 2006 packages.

oh ok I got it now. I am sorry. You might be able to save some money if you price out the package. I also think there is not a min any more about how days you have to have booked. Where before you had to book at lease 4 days at a mod resort or better.

I think you will find that you will be able to save some money this way.
Disney is always running deals... right now for this fall is $999 for a family of 4 for 4nights/5 days for rooms and tickets. But there are other deals out there too. AAA room discounts, ticket discounts at ticketmania.com, travel agency discounts. There's a travel agency discount link from the Dis home page.
The mousesavers.com discount newsletter always has the latest discounts available, and from time to time offers additional discounts for just being a subscriber.

Do your research, do the math, present it to dh and I think he'll change his mind about it.

Crissy

akamom said:
He says because this years including accomadations and tickets, it was a better price than the 2006 packages.

To a point, he is right, they did slightly raise the price of the wedding part. However, as Crissy (fun2bmomof3) pointed out, you CAN get a better deal!

In my opinion, what Disney has done is "change" all Intimate packages to what is known as an Intimate Add-on. They no longer include the officiant (which is not a large cost anyway) but pretty much all the other details remain the same...except for the tickets and accommodations.

But, as was pointed out, you can now take advantage of other specials Disney or AAA or whoever else is running. You must still have at least 4 nights booked in a Disney hotel, but other than that, you can shop around for the best deal you can find!!

I think you can still do your VR there!!! It will be wonderful!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter