2005 - Andy and Rae 50th Birthday Cruise

rae519

<font color=6666CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=CC00
For those who have expressed interest in joining us for our 50th Birthday celebration (also 50th anniversary for DL) - is there any interest in making it a HAL to Alaska cruise?

Rae

That would be an awesome trip. The key question is...do they have enough shrimp?

Seriously, I don't know anything about that cruise line. Would the cost be comparable to DCL?

Why HAL?

What about Royal Caribbean? Or some other line that is supposed to have a good kids program? Wouldn't the folks on HAL be a much older group?

HAL Alaska is a cruise that we can use our DVC points on - and since Andy and I use our points to cruise with our families, that's why we are looking into it.

Never been on a ship other than Disney's - so it would be an interesting week for us!

Rae (There is NEVER enough shrimp!)

Edit: Plus since Andy and I are both going to be 50 - and have mates in that general age bracket - maybe some think of us as the "older crowd" on Disney already!!!!

Originally posted by rae519
Edit: Plus since Andy and I are both going to be 50 - and have mates in that general age bracket - maybe some think of us as the "older crowd" on Disney already!!!!

Honey, I have seen you move and while you may be 50 in chronological age, you're no where near that in spirit!

Originally posted by ThreeCircles
Honey, I have seen you move and while you may be 50 in chronological age, you're no where near that in spirit!

Ohhh, you sure know how to make me feel good! Now will you both consider this cruise?!!!!!

Rae

Rae,

Be careful about where you draw the "old" line. Some of us, perhaps in the "over 50" (but not "over the hill") crowd draw the line at a much higher age. My father-in-law, age 83, keeps complaining that he has to deal with all those slow, indecisive, "old" (e.g. over 85) folks in Florida. He's still voluntarily working five days / week.

I think an Alaska cruise in 2005 might be very interesting. Please keep us all informed.

Thanks

HAHAHA, Cap!!!!

My 74 Mom can out work me any day of the week (my best day is probably her worst!!!) Amazing how our parents can do that - guess it's the product of having less and having to do more -

Oh, it would be wonderful if we could get a large group together - there is a discount available for groups of 15 or more - some of us can use our DVC points, but then again, if the price is right....

In case this gets moved since it is NOT DCL related - I'll do my best to keep it going!!

Rae

Hi Rae & Andy! We are hoping for an announcement that one of DCL's ships will be repositioned on the West Coast for Disney's Golden Celebration. The anouncement for DGC should be in late February. If there is a DCL sailing here on the West Coast, we'll be on it! Would love to celebrate your birthdays with you!

-Sarah

Originally posted by rae519
For those who have expressed interest in joining us for our 50th Birthday celebration - is there any interest in making it a HAL to Alaska cruise?

fest33.gif
.............:boat:...........
stanico.gif

Originally posted by Maleficent59
Hi Rae & Andy! We are hoping for an announcement that one of DCL's ships will be repositioned on the West Coast for Disney's Golden Celebration. The anouncement for DGC should be in late February. If there is a DCL sailing here on the West Coast, we'll be on it! Would love to celebrate your birthdays with you!

-Sarah

Sarah, I already counted you in on this one! And yes, we are also hoping for that repositioning - after all, with it being the 50th of Disneyland - we just "KNOW" something will be special out there!!!

OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am soooooooooo there, we are so there!!!!!!!!!

Count us in...give me the day, time and place.

Oh, I am going to ALAKSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michele

me, me, me!! Can I tag along??

can we get BD to go also??? That would be a hoot!!!!

Hey, this is getting to be THE CRUISE of 2005!

Shelly, Merry Christmas - just talking about you and hubby!! Hope all are well. Had such a wonderful time with you and the Sholtis Family in August - that was a fantastic couple to be with!!!
We have to get them on this one also!

Okay, ANDY - it's up to you and the others who have children in school to come up with the dates since we homeschool and can do it anytime.

Some are going to use DVC points for this cruise and the rest of us are going to have to get a GREAT rate from my friend Bill at cruisetraveloutlet.com. I already have Bill notified that this could be up to 30 people and we want the BEST rate.

Most of us will need air and hotel before the cruise, so start saving those pennies/nickles and dimes, folks - this is going to be the best cruise ever!

BD was originally with us and several of us are going to kidnap him if he isn't 100% into this! We also have a few others who are on the fence that we want to come along with us.

I think maybe if Andy and I promise to share the shrimp, we can ease a lot of nervous shrimplovers tension!

Hugs and love to all,
Rae

P.S.
I started another thread about Fidelio - he sent us his Columbine Memorial song - "Sparkle". It's incredible! He wrote and composed it and believe me, it is so emotional and stirring. The man is a complete package, folks - singer/entertainer/pianist and composer. He just blows us away!

I'm going to ask him about duping it so others can hear it. You just won't believe this musician's talent - even though we've seen him ALIVE - this song "Sparkle" is incredible.

And I'm not just saying that because I am the Founder/President of the Fidelio Fan Club, I'm Michael's Mom!

Guess I better jump in on this thread so I know what is going on, LOL!!!

Rae, I'm still waiting to hear what Disney has planned for the BIG 50th Celebration of Disneyland for 2005. As soon as I know more of what is going to be happening, than I can make my plans. I'm a man and can only think about one thing at a time, LOL!!! I don't know how you women can juggle 5 or 6 things at a time, I see my wife do it, and it drives me :crazy: LOL again!!!

Right now, my focus is on the "August 2004 San Juan Sojourners Cruise!!!"
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I hope they do bring DCL to California! Then I could meet everyone! I would not mind playing tour guide - I could be the younger Shirley (Perfect Gift) of the West! I would not do the baskets (how could you make them better than Shirley) - But I would make sure everyone was well cared for!

Originally posted by Verandah Man
I'm a man and can only think about one thing at a time, LOL!!! I don't know how you women can juggle 5 or 6 things at a time, I see my wife do it, and it drives me :crazy: LOL again!!!

b]
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm glad you know your limitations.

tee hee hee!

KaitlinsMom - Okay, "Shirley JR" it is! Yup, if they put the Magic at Disneyland for it's big 5-0 then we are certainly going to be there.

Hey, DCL, what's the scoop? Inquiring minds want to know.
Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter