2 TS in one day at Epcot during flower & garden festival?

tj2002

Momager of 3
Thinking about my upcoming ADRs for my trip in May. Currently, on an Epcot day I have 2 TS meals scheduled. Should I reconsider this plan, since we might want to do a lot of snacking with the flower & garden festival booths?

If you are going to spend time snacking you may not want two full restaurant meals on the same day.

There are fewer booths than Food & Wine and fewer choices at each one, but the portions appear to me to be larger.

Not hearing the best reviews of the food booths. What are your two ADRS? Buffets or somewhere like Ohanas then yes, I would change one to another day.

Last trip, we did Le Cellier and Coral Reef for lunch and dinner and we wouldn't do it again. We had Le Cellier for dinner and we were too full from Coral Reef to really enjoy our meal. I wouldn't consider doing 2 table service AND Festival snacks.

I wouldn't have a lunch planned and maybe have a reservation for dinner. This way if you're still hungry, you can order a big meal. If you're not hungry, you can order something lighter.

If your first table service is at 11:30 and your second one is late, like 7:00 or later, you might be hungry enough? All the walking could work up your appetite. But also, if it's real hot out, you might not be hungry, especially for a heavy meal, which is what usually happens to me and DH.

We usually do 2 TS everyday when we are there. Usually breakfast and dinner, but we have done an early lunch and late dinner. I think if they are spaced out you will be fine. But my husband and son eat a lot:rotfl2:

Thanks guys. I didn't even think about how the hot weather might also affect how hungry we are. Now which one to cancel? I had coral reef for lunch and garden grill for dinner.

Thanks guys. I didn't even think about how the hot weather might also affect how hungry we are. Now which one to cancel? I had coral reef for lunch and garden grill for dinner.

My family has on occasion have done two TS meals in one day, but when we do that, we try for an 11:30 am lunch and an 8:00 pm dinner. There is usually enough time for a small snack in the middle of the day. Still, if you want to try most of the items at the F&G festival, I would forgo one of the TS meals.

Personally, I think I would pick F&G for lunch and then a TS dinner. F&G lunch means a lot of walking because the booths are pretty spread out and there aren't a lot of places to sit and eat. My family will often "stage" somewhere (e.g., Liberty Inn) and then get the samples from the booths nearby. This way we at least have somewhere to sit down while we eat (I don't like standing up and trying to cut things). Then by dinner time (especially if it's hot and/or humid), I'm ready to sit down and relax somewhere air conditioned.

We haven't experienced the F&G booths, but we had a similar experience at F&W. We're not fans of CS, so we always eat 2 TS meals a day. It's usually breakfast or the earliest lunch & dinner. We did the same thing the last time we went during the F&W festival, & regretted it. Two days were spent in Epcot, but we were too full to try anything from the booths. :sad2: We won't make that mistake again.

If you want to do snacking I would definitely get rid of one TS. I would probably get rid of the GG for dinner and keep the CR at lunch. Then you can just head to WS and plan on spending the afternoon/evening.

jmcghee2024 said:
Not hearing the best reviews of the food booths.

I've been reading good reviews of the F&G food booths. And, I enjoyed them myself last month.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I am sure we'll end up trying a few things at the kiosks...I think I may go back to 2 adrs. I am thinking maybe coral reef light lunch ie fish and teppan edo...where we would probably order scallops. If we are eating lighter we can fit in the goodies from the festival.

For us it is a lot especially with other WS cs places if you want to try things like in norway or France. We did 2 adr's once when there were no events and with snacks we felt sick. If you are intent on trying 2, then maybe split an app and an entree or something very light at lunch.

Not sure what your source is, but I have been very impressed with the food booths

We enjoyed the food booths too. Found the portions about the same as FW. Some bigger, some not so much. I would cancel CR. Which I love. But that way you can walk around and munch earlier. Then sit and relax for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter