2 TS - California Grill or Artist Point

sleeping beauty 2

Mouseketeer
Me, DH, DS9, DD7, DS2 need one more ADR dinner. We may have 2 TS left for last night. Would CG or AP be a better choice for 2TS? I have read that CG can be as long as 2 hours. Does AP take as long? Has anyone ppaid for the children OOP and used the credits for the adult meals?

The duration of the meal isn't that different between the two restaurants. The service and atmosphere is. Artist Point offers superior refined and professional service, while California Grill's service staff seems to have less experience and less polish, and is therefore less distinguished. Artist Point has a wonderful, peaceful atmosphere, while California Grill is busy and frenetic.

I have had the exact opposite experiences as above. The wait staff was amazing at California Grill - the waiter we had even cut up my daughter's steak when we had our hands full, and was amazingly attentive. He offered to split two sushi desserts amongst three plates for us as well. They pipe in the music for the fireworks and you get a bird's eye view of them from the dining room (they lower the lights) or you can go stand on the veranda and watch them during/after your meal. The food was absolutely the best I've ever had, hands-down. I'd say California Grill without hesitation. I guess it depends on who you get and when you go?

sleeping beauty 2 said:
Me, DH, DS9, DD7, DS2 need one more ADR dinner. We may have 2 TS left for last night. Would CG or AP be a better choice for 2TS? I have read that CG can be as long as 2 hours. Does AP take as long? Has anyone ppaid for the children OOP and used the credits for the adult meals?

AP blows CG out of the water. If you are looking for a wonderful meal go to AP. If you are looking to see the fireworks during dinner with a mediocre meal go to CG. Good luck!

ps...the fireworks are so much better when you are standing right on main street usa!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter