2 rooms vs 1 room

wgeo

DIS Veteran
Very new to looking at RCCL and I've been playing around their website for a few days. Tonight I priced out a western carribbean for next June and the price was around 4700 for 4 people in one room. But when I priced out the exact same room with 2 people it was only 2250. Why would they charge less for person when there's only 2 people in the room? Am I missing something?

Don't get me wrong, nothing would make me happier then to have the kids in their own room but it just isn't making sense to me.

Chalk it up to a weird quirk of the pricing software?

I've never understood it myself. But I do know that if you can get adjoining rooms for a better price than 4 people in one room, go for it.

Are the room categories the same?

But, yes, we have frequently found we can do two rooms for the same or nearly the same as 1 room for 4 people. We usually travel as a group of 6 now since we have 5 in our family and my mother in law has been joining us more frequently. But even with 5 people it was sometimes cheaper to do 2 rooms vs. one family stateroom. Plus, i can book 2 rooms online vs. having to call for the rooms for 5.

Yes it was the same category room. Now when I went back in and tried to actually choose the stateroom number when I have 2 rooms, it keeps kicking me out after picking specific rooms. Is their website glitchy or is it me? Maybe as a first time on RCCL I should use a travel agent lol, but I was just hoping to get an idea on prices and I hate to bug a TA for that.

Yes it was the same category room. Now when I went back in and tried to actually choose the stateroom number when I have 2 rooms, it keeps kicking me out after picking specific rooms. Is their website glitchy or is it me? Maybe as a first time on RCCL I should use a travel agent lol, but I was just hoping to get an idea on prices and I hate to bug a TA for that.

The RCCL website is horrible. It is very glitchy. It tends to work a bit better for me on firefox as opposed to chrome. I used chrome 99% of the time, I pretty much downloaded firefox only for booking on RCCL. If I am using chrome, sometimes opening an incognito browser or clearing your cookies helps.

The RCCL website is horrible. It is very glitchy. It tends to work a bit better for me on firefox as opposed to chrome. I used chrome 99% of the time, I pretty much downloaded firefox only for booking on RCCL. If I am using chrome, sometimes opening an incognito browser or clearing your cookies helps.

thanks - that's very good to know

The website can be very glitchy especially during high traffic times when a sale is released. If you don't want to bother your TA, just call the Royal Vacation number, their reps are very helpful in pricing and picking rooms. You can leave a deposit with them and then transfer that Reservation to your travel agent within 60 days via their website and still be eligible for any additional perks with your TA. Royal Caribbean has also had a significant reclassification of rooms for the 2018 season aboard all of their ships. I find it is very difficult right now to compare rooms. They have also just recently began a policy of offering different rates based on whether or not you opt for a non-refundable deposit. In my opinion, very significant changes to their operating policy has led to more website troubles as of late.

This thread is a couple of months old but I found the same thing. I am traveling with 3 kids. So on some cruise lines, if I booked 2 to a room, I got the discount. But it brought me into a different room category to be able to sleep all 4. I ended up finding an adjoining room so I just booked the two cabins. I didn't get my 3rd and 4th passenger discount, but for $140 for an extra cabin, it is worth it.

If you can get 2 connecting rooms for less than one room with 4 people then go for it. Two bathrooms and extra space is huge. When we priced it out, it was more for 2 rooms, but it probably depends on the ship. I would recommend calling Royal directly and letting an agent help you. They are good at finding connecting rooms, and you can mention any preference (eg. mid ship, specific deck, near kids club, etc)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!