2 rooms reserved by 1 person, Downside risk?

davper

DIS Veteran
Hi
Is there any risk with me booking 2 rooms in my name and then letting my Sister pay for her room when we get there?

I will take advantage of APH rates, if they become available, and recommended she get the AP.

She doesn't want to have to deal with monitoring rates and rebooking and I am happy to.

Shouldn't be any issues at all. I've reserved rooms for family and friends many times. At check-in just show the agent your AP. That assures all the rooms are valid for the discount. Then each person can get a Credit Card swiped for their room. I've never had any issues doing that.

Shouldn't be any issues at all. I've reserved rooms for family and friends many times. At check-in just show the agent your AP. That assures all the rooms are valid for the discount. Then each person can get a Credit Card swiped for their room. I've never had any issues doing that.
Will my sister need the AP?

Really? I thought it was at least one AP per room.
On one trip, we were told we needed to have an AP holder in each of our two rooms (it was my wife and I, who both have APs, and her 3 adult daughters, who do not have APs). Both rooms were booked in my name.

When we checked in, they said we had to put my name on one room (with one of the daughters) and my wife's on the other. Room keys were issued as such. Then, they said we could come back later and swap people around. When the rooms were ready and we went back to get our keys set for the rooms, we asked them to switch people around and they did.

Wasn't a big deal for us since we did have the 2 APs, so I didn't bother questioning it. We've had 3 or 4 other trips with the same family and AP configuration where they didn't care who was in which room to begin with.

So.... depends on who you get, I guess?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter