2 Rooms @ POP vs. Family Suite at Music

Sammy

DIS Veteran
Looking at 2 rooms at POP vs. a Family Suite as Music. There's only a $72 difference between the two for late February dates (POP is cheaper). Party of four: 2 adults, 2 older teens who cannot share a bed. Is there an advantage of one choice over the other? I like the idea of the kitchenette in the suite, but not so much the sleeping in the living room if everyone doesn't want to go to bed at the same time. There would be two bathrooms with either choice, so thank goodness for that!

Any thoughts?

The one advantage besides the kitchenette is that you are guaranteed to all be together in a Family Suite. With 2 rooms you can request that they connect or are near each other, but there are no guarantees.

Oh, and do you not realize there is an actual bedroom in the Family Suites? One that has a door and everything! And a queen sized bed, which is something you will not get with 2 rooms at a value resort.

Just back from Pop yesterday. I'd pick the suites Pop could use a refurb and You'd have the family all together in a suite.

We are staying at Pop next week. Ugh, hate to hear that it needs an update. That's why we picked it over All Star Movies which seemed run down in Sept. We almost always get 2 rooms for our family of 6 just because it is cheaper than the suites. We are ALWAYS guaranteed connecting rooms with our kids (8, 7, 6 and 1). I understand that you are not necessarily guaranteed connecting rooms when you have more adults. Not sure how they count teenagers.

We're considering 2 rooms at Pop rather than a suite. We currently have one room, but the party may expand by one more adult. Not thrilled to hear that Pop needs a refurb.

I probably should have asked to have our room changed but we were in building 1. The mattresses and box springs needed to be changed. They were saggy

We were at Pop in June and it was fine to me, although it was our first time there or at any value. Beds were comfy, etc.....that said, it was just me and my 2 kids. In fact, just re-booked today for June again, but a preferred pool view this time.

Looking at 2 rooms at POP vs. a Family Suite as Music. There's only a $72 difference between the two for late February dates (POP is cheaper). Party of four: 2 adults, 2 older teens who cannot share a bed. Is there an advantage of one choice over the other? I like the idea of the kitchenette in the suite, but not so much the sleeping in the living room if everyone doesn't want to go to bed at the same time. There would be two bathrooms with either choice, so thank goodness for that!

Any thoughts?

Stayed at both with even a connecting room at pop. Really think you and dh will enjoy master bdrm at all star music and teens in living room. Just got back from pop 3weeks ago. Agree it is a great place but the suite is really cute and homey . :thumbsup2have a wonderful time

We are staying at Pop next week. Ugh, hate to hear that it needs an update. That's why we picked it over All Star Movies which seemed run down in Sept. We almost always get 2 rooms for our family of 6 just because it is cheaper than the suites. We are ALWAYS guaranteed connecting rooms with our kids (8, 7, 6 and 1). I understand that you are not necessarily guaranteed connecting rooms when you have more adults. Not sure how they count teenagers.

If you read all there is to read, you are guaranteed nothing by Disney but a room on property. Connecting rooms are not guaranteed, and their own web site states that. I don't know why they put it on some reservations on one hand, and then say they are not guaranteed on another. It is crazy.

Disney doesn't even guarantee you will get a paid for room type. I've been downgraded twice, so I know that first hand! They don't assign rooms until a few days out, and even then, they can pull those rooms back into inventory if need be. There is no way for them to know ahead of time how many connecting rooms will be available when you arrive, so there is no true way for them to guarantee you will get them.

They try their best to give people connecting rooms, but in no way should you depend on getting them. If you have more adults than kids they can just tell you you have to split up and sleep one adult per room. A while back there was even a poster who was the only adult with a bunch of kids that didn't get connecting rooms. It does happen.

It is always wise to have a back up plan, just in case you are unlucky.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Still not sure what we'll do, but I'm leaning towards the suite as the kitchenette will make it a little easier to make coffee and a quick breakfast in the morning. Also, we've stayed at both resorts in the past and liked that Music seemed like a more quiet resort....well, except for the food court in the morning! :eek:

Maxiesmom: Thanks for the info on the separate bedroom...I wasn't sure about that.

Thanks again!
Sammy

I'll give another second for the family suite. We stayed in an AoA suite last year, and we really liked that we had a separate room to hang out in that wasn't a bedroom. The kids could sit on the couch and watch TV while my husband and I sat at the table and looked at plans for the next day. It was also nice to have furniture to sit on the night we decided to order pizza in. No eating on/in the bed. It's nice and spacious when the beds are put away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter