2 questions about the shows.

Princess Aurora45

Mouseketeer
Do people recored the shows? I was thinking about doing it (obviously I wouldn't have my LED screen open). And do the sell the music for the shows onboard?

Thanks

It is announced that no flash photography or video taping of the shows are permitted. This however still does not stop some people from doing this, which if you ask me, is quite annoying. This is just one of my pet peeves and I wish the practice of this could be enforced somewhat better.

To answer your other question, no they do not sell the music from the shows onboard. They are missing out on a major money maker if you ask me. ;)

Verandah Man said:
It is announced that no flash photography or video taping of the shows are permitted. This however still does not stop some people from doing this, which if you ask me, is quite annoying. This is just one of my pet peeves and I wish the practice of this could be enforced somewhat better.

It annoys me too. If they say that there is no recording then I wont be doing it, even when you can record I make sure that I have none of my screens etc showing light. I guess I will just stick to photos without using the flash.

I agree about the music. The would sell a ton of Cd's with cruise songs and sounds on it. Everytime we go I check to see if they have made one. So far no luck!

We have taken digital still photos without flash with mixed success. Obviously, the brighter scenes come out better. If you have a good quality digital camera and can adjust the shutter speed so as not to blur the dark images, you should be able to get acceptable still pictures.

We were also on the Wonder in 2004 and videotaped a show with a Super 8mm camcorder (without the LCD screen open), but at that time there was no prohibition on videotaping that we could find. I understand it is clearly prohibited now, so we won't be doing that again.

DisneyCruise3397.jpg

Here is the curtain call from "Twice Charmed" taken without flash using a Kodak Easy Share on full automatic setting.

Supposedly the music from Twice Charmed is now available...I am checking it out on our June 29 cruise.

Hubby has gotten great shots of all the shows with no flash. We have a "storyboard" of Twice Charmed but just haven't gotten around to putting it together yet like we did with the Golden Mickeys.

Barb

thomprod said:
We were also on the Wonder in 2004 and videotaped a show with a Super 8mm camcorder (without the LCD screen open), but at that time there was no prohibition on videotaping that we could find. I understand it is clearly prohibited now, so we won't be doing that again.

It has always been prohibited, not by Disney, but by the union contracts Disney has with the performers and musicians. It is a standard musicans union contract, but it does have a provision for videotaping, BUT only if you are willing to pay the performers and musicians union scale. I doubt most tourists would be willing to shell out a couple thousnds bucks for a home video.

I will never understand why some people would rather watch a show through a viewfinder of a video camera instead of using their own two eyes, live onstage. :confused3

LarryC said:
I will never understand why some people would rather watch a show through a viewfinder of a video camera instead of using their own two eyes, live onstage. :confused3
I'm sure they don't prefer to do this, Larry. They just want to be able to watch it again later or show it to others.

Oh but they are not selling the tape of the show. ;) They are "giving it as a gift" for buying the trading card. :rolleyes1

tvguy said:
It has always been prohibited, not by Disney, but by the union contracts Disney has with the performers and musicians.

Musicians!???! There are no live musicians in the main showroom on either ship; all the music your hear there is canned (a.k.a. recorded). ASCAP regulations on recording of performances cover live performance, not the public playing of a recording.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!