2 of our faves - strawberry twist & spicy pretzel - gone from MK!

k&a&c'smom

DIS Veteran
We were in the World the first week of January, and were aghast to find that two of our favorite snacks are history! The strawberry twist at Enchanted Grove, and the spicy cheese pretzel at the Lunching Pad. Can you still get the spicy pretzels at Min & Bill's at HS? I hope so, we didn't get a chance to look for them there.

I did a search, and it looks like the pretzel at MK may have been gone for a while; what about the strawberry twist? The kid at Enchanted Grove acted like he'd never heard of it, but he may have been new.

We are mourning the loss! :sad1:

I don't know about at DHS, but they have a jalapeno cheese pretzel at AK at a cart outside of Kili Safaris, we had one just a month ago! :)

I knew about the Strawberry Swirl but ARRRGGG :mic: don't mess with the Spicy cheese filled pretzel!!!

Cinddaddy - We haven't been back since late 2007, but I thought we had a strawberry swirl on that trip. Perhaps it was further back than that, lol. I'm still bummed, either way!

RachelA - yes, they still had the cream cheese pretzels at the Lunching Pad, at least when we were there!

The spicy pretzels from the Lunching Pad haven't been gone for that long. We got one there last year at this time.

UPDATE!!! I JUST HAD A SPICY CHEESE PRETZEL AT THE CART OUTSIDE OF INDIANA JONES IN HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS ON TUESDAY!! IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!:thumbsup2

booooo I loved the dole whip/strawberry swirl/orange swirl combo that MK had going! so sad that its not there!

I was so disappointed when I went to the counter and they told me that. The strawberry swirl is gone from Enchanted Grove, but the CMs there said that the orange swirl is still over at the Sunshine place in Adventureland. Still not the strawberry swirl, but it's still good. The cream chz pretzel is still at the Lunching Pad (at least it was in Dec.)

The swirls were gone before Sept 08 because I remember the discussions about them here, and how they changed the citrus swirl from frozen OJ to sherbert.The spicy pretzels were gone right before I went in Sept because the vendor said they had just gotten rid of them.

Thanks, bunkkinsmom! I'll write down that location, too - DD will be glad there are a couple more places to get them.

RMulieri - I know what you mean about the fruity part going from frozen juice to sherbet. We had seen a photo of that prior to our last trip, and were disappointed, but still went to the Enchanted Grove anyway. To our surprise, it was still the frozen strawberry juice (not sure how else to describe it) rather than sherbet or ice cream, so we were happy. I guess we should have gotten a few more, since it was our last hurrah!~sigh~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter