2 night birthday stay at Coronado Springs and thoughts on Club Level?

Kazi7

Mouseketeer
I'm planning a quick trip in late March for my birthday. It would be just me and my husband. I'm thinking a 2+2 night split stay. We are DVC members and would use points for 2 nights but are looking for something "different" for the other 2 nights. We've stayed at all the DVC resorts and also Swan/Dolphin several times. We love the look and feel of Gran Destino Tower. I was thinking about staying Club Level (which looks great) but I'm wondering if we would make good use of it. We love the Barcelona and Dahlia lounges and have wanted to try Three Bridges. Maybe having all the food in the Club Lounge isn't necessary? One of the days we would probably go to AK for a partial day, but otherwise we would be hanging out at the resort. Any input appreciated.

I love CL but always struggle with whether it's worth it if we'll be spending all day in the parks. But for a mostly resort stay, I'd say it would be worth it. The lounge is lovely, and the food offerings are great for adults (I didn't find it all that kid-friendly). If you and your husband enjoy a few drinks in the evening or a nice specialty coffee in the morning, those expenses really add up quickly at Disney, and having a comfortable, relaxed setting with a great view to enjoy them in is also worth something.

I think for a birthday trip it's worth the splurge.

CSR CL is a gem among the the CLs Imho (but I haven’t been post-Covid). I loved the views from it so I think that would be nice for chilling at the resort.

Their food is definitely different, being Spanish themed so you’d have to like that to enjoy it. I recommend searching the CL thread for photos of their post-Covid offerings.

Just do it, you know you want to.

If you are going to be counting dollars and cents to see if it's worth it you will be sorely disappointed.

Having said that, we've stayed club and it was a great experience.

If it's for a special occasion splurge, then it's worth it. If you are wondering if it's worth the money, it's not, especially if you are planning special dinners in addition.

If you do CL as the first two nights, you would also have access to the lounge on your departure day.

I don't think any of the Disney club level is worth the price. You are basically paying an extra $200-300/night to have some 'free' snacks/drinks and sit in an area with fancier furniture. Reminds me of those airport lounges I have used when traveling on company business. Would never pay for those on my own.

OP here. I decided not to book the club level. I just went for a regular tower room. The club level was $500 more for a 2 night stay which would end up being less than 48 hours since we would have to check out and leave for the airport. We love the lounges and restaurants at CSR and I don't want to feel "obligated" to eat/drink in the club lounge since I already paid for it.

I wanted a King standard view room, but that wasn't available so I booked 2 Queens. Maybe there's not as many King rooms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter