2 kids and 1 bed ????

Our sons are 3y8m apart and the younger one has not always been a good bed-sharer. We bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/Aero-40010-Ae...1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1266858360&sr=8-1

The sides are slightly higher and seems to help with the rolling-out issue. It fits anywhere as it's not as big as a twin bed.

On our last trip, we let our boys fall asleep in separate beds, then moved the little one to the other bed when we were ready for bed. Worked great. Rather than bed rails, we use pillows. The boys take their own from home anyway, so we use a couple in the middle of the bed for separation, and one on the younger one's side of the bed by the nightstand to keep him from rolling over and banging his head on the table.

We just kept making use of the pack-n-play even after our ds outgrew sleeping in it. We would put the pnp mattress on the floor, set the pillow above the top edge of the mattress, bring his blanket to sleep under and it was all set. Easy since everything we needed (other than the blanket which he would bring anyway) was right in the room.

We play musical beds. Could be me and DH in a bed and the boys in the other, or one of us with one of them, or me with both. (Somehow DH never gets the "pleasure" of sleeping with both of my kicking, drooling monsters at the same time.

But I wouldn't hesitate to put the 3yo with the 6yo. At 3 she should be just fine in a regular bed. If you are worried about her falling out (and it's a short drop, so it wouldn't be a big deal) just tuck some pillows on her side...

I only have 1 DD but when I traveled with my family as a child I always had to share the bed with my sister who was 1 year younger than I. (I was a restless sleeper so I think she got the short end of that stick.)

my step son is such a mover when he sleeps and I'd be afraid that my light sleeping step daughter would never get any rest if I tried to put them in one bed...so we bring an aero bed with us and my step son sleeps on the floor mattress. It works out fine. Either that or we stay at Wilderness Lodge with bunk beds! Either way has always been just fine.

I think everyone does something different. The thread makes me chuckle, though, b/c when I was a kid and we were at a hotel, we often slept 3-4 kids in a bed. We'd sleep sideways, boys, girls together. We did the same thing when we'd visit cousins. The kids would often get ONE room...and there were tons of us. We'd sleep wherever we found a space. I don't think the adults gave it too much thought.

My son and nieces are nephews are so spoiled!

On family vacations I slept . . . . in the bathtub.

Mom would fold up a nice warm fuzzy blanket (usually the one she had placed in the back of the station wagon for us kids to play on while traveling. (Yup, these were the days before carseats and strapping kids in place) and give me a pillow. The tub had sides and I had a curtain for privacy. I was the younger sister with a family full of boys, and this worked for us.

Mom would also bring a plug in night light so I wasn't in complete darkness, and if anyone needed to use the facilities they didn't need to flip on the light and wake me.

I slept in the tub on vacation until I was six years old.

DS & DD do not sleep together.
We keep them apart b/c they are not DS & DS or DD & DD.
DH always wants to sleep with me, DW ;)

When they were little DS age 9 and DD age 6, we bring/pack/ship an inexpesive areo bed - Disney themed, had it's own sleeping bag built in and we used the extra pilllow from my DS bed to place on my DD's areo bed.
You can even throw it away after your use it. It costs us $20 and for 10 nights - that's $2 a night. :goodvibes

I found at www.target.com
Disney Princess EZ Bed Inflatable Mattress for $29.99
and
Disney Cars EZ Bed Inflatable Mattress for $29.99

Feature: Made Of Polyester Polyester, Air Channel Construction, Quick Deflation(60 Sec.), 2-in-1 Valve, No Assembly Required
Insulated Sleeping Bag Top, Pillowcase, Inflatable Pillow, Fitted Slip Cover,
Spot Clean, 33 x 60 x 8 " total weight = 5 pounds

The price seems to have gone up $10 in the last 10 years :rotfl:

When we stayed at the WL, we had a bunkbed room, perfect for a DS & DD.
DD got the top and DS got the bottom. They loved the bunkbed.:thumbsup2

Whern we stayed at the CR, our DD had the daybed - she was in 7th heaven:cloud9: to have her own bed and a table to dump her stuff.

Now we have an areo bed from Coleman - cost = $22.
Our DS will be 19 the next time we go to WDW and our DD will be 16 - no way can they sleep in the same bed :scared1:

The areo beds fit nicely in any moderate or deluxe. They tend to fit between the door and the bed at moderates. In deluxe rooms they fit between the bdes and the window/sliding glass door. What we will do - ditch the areobed and keep the foot blow-up pump because it also works great to blow up pool floats:)

Considering your kids are 6 & 3 I see nothing wrong with them sharing a bed since they are siblings. My 8 & 4 yr. olds share a bed when in WDW. We've gotten the bunkbed rooms before and the oldest gets the top bunk and we put bed rails on the bottom bunk. If we are in a studio or one bedroom the kids share the pull-out couch and we put some extra pillows on the 4 yr. olds side. There have only been a few times when DH & I have split up so that we are each sleeping with a child - neither DH or I got much sleep that night since our kids are wiggle worms.

One Step Ahead has some very portable kid beds and I know of some people that have taken sleeping bags with them which their kids found adventurous. :goodvibes

I sleep with my DD and DH sleeps with DS on vacation.

We've always done it that way and it works fine.

Same with us from the time they were your children's age until now when they are 15 and 19...although one room is getting a bit cramped so this trip we splurged for two! Mostly for the room square feet vs. the bed issue...the bed solution works very well.

When we travel, DH & I always split up. I sleep with DD (6) and he with DS (3). Noone would get any sleep if the two kiddies slept in the same bed. The kids have an earlier bedtime than us, of course and it always works out fine.

I don't see anything wrong with a 6 year old girl, and 3 year old boy sharing a bed. i would go ahead and ask for bed rails for your 3 year old at the resort if you think he will fall out.

My daughter does one parent to one child. Works out a lot better especially if you're in a full size bed.

I agree with the other posters that you should just try what's comfortable for your family and don't be afraid to switch it up if it doesn't work. DH and I are used to sharing a king size bed so sharing a bed together and having a 4 year old in a whole bed to himself seemed ridiculous. We ordered bed rails for one side of one bed and then took turns sleeping with our 4 year old. At least that way we could get a good night's rest every other night! :lmao:

BTW, POP was awesome about the bed rails and would raise and lower them for us each day. We even left a note about night time potty training (which we were in the middle of) and mousekeeping brought us an extra stash of sheets for our stay (we brought our own vinyl backed flannel pad to use between sheets and mattress). Luckily, our son did great and never had an accident but it was nice to know that we could take care of it ourselves without calling mousekeeping in the middle of the night. They were also very conscientious about replacing the pad when they changed the sheets.

Our only issue was DS was so thrilled to be in a grown-up bed with us that he stayed right under us the whole time and never even got near the edge. Here are some pictures of DS and DH and you can see the bedrail that Pop provided:

4379825676_9b01b2f429.jpg

4379070447_6624f276d0.jpg

I'm going with two little ones they will be 6&7 when we go sisters so I'm putting them together I did consider the bunkbeds at akl but figured I'd get some arguing for top bunk bottom bunk lol so I think they can share. If you think they will fight I'd see if you can get a cot I don't know if disney charges for them. Or maybe as someone else mentioned bring an inflatable mattress or you sleep with one husband with the other. Its really a matter of what your comfortable doing and what will keep sanity for your trip. Check with resort and see if they have any options for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter