2 JetBlue questions (answered!)

holyrita

DIS Veteran
Hello! Even though I am not positive our trip will happen, I just booked flights for myself and my Mom so we're eligible for free change/cancellation before their policy changes April 1st. I have two questions:

I booked us both on the same reservation/itinerary. There's a possibility I may still go on this trip even if my mom decides not to. When I go to modify/cancel the booking, I see I can only do it for the entire reservation and not just one passenger. Does anyone know if you can call and cancel part of a reservation/itinerary? Or should I cancel this reservation and rebook them separately?

I also paid to sit in seats with even more space to make it more comfortable for my mom. If she decides not to go, I thought I could change my seat from even more space to standard, but I get a pop up that says "you will not be given a $51 refund if you switch to a standard seat". Is that true or a limitation online? Seems weird after the reservation you can pay and upgrade your seat but you can't downgrade your seat and get a refund 😕.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Wouldn't be shocked about the inability to downgrade and get money back. That's how they make money.

Wouldn't be shocked about the inability to downgrade and get money back. That's how they make money.
I wouldn't be shocked either 😔 they should say its non-refundable when booking, though I guess many people don't downgrade their seats.

Just got off the phone with JetBlue and you can divide the itinerary to cancel the reservation for one passenger. Seat upgrades are non-refundable if you want to downgrade to a standard seat, but are refundable if you cancel the entire reservation.

Depending on the availability of the Even More Seats you could always cancel you current reservation and then book them as 2 separate reservations but with regular seats. Keep an eye on the Even More seats and you can always pay to upgrade later if mom decides to go.

I have always booked my trips with regular seats and then upgraded to Even More Seats at a later date.

Keep in mind the cancellation is given in the form or a travel bank credit to be used with in a year (not a refund) and I don't believe the travel bank can be used to purchase Even More Seats, you have to pay with a credit card.

Depending on the availability of the Even More Seats you could always cancel you current reservation and then book them as 2 separate reservations but with regular seats. Keep an eye on the Even More seats and you can always pay to upgrade later if mom decides to go.

I have always booked my trips with regular seats and then upgraded to Even More Seats at a later date.

Keep in mind the cancellation is given in the form or a travel bank credit to be used with in a year (not a refund) and I don't believe the travel bank can be used to purchase Even More Seats, you have to pay with a credit card.
I thought about doing this, but ultimately decided I'd rather have the even more space seats we want secured (row 1) in case my Mom decides to go than try and upgrade to those seats whenever she makes her decision. This means I'll be stuck paying the extra charge for my seat even if she decides not to go, but I guess I won't mind the extra space for myself just this once.. 😅

I used points for the tickets and paid for the seat extras (if only you could use points for those!) The rep I spoke with on the phone said seat extras get refunded back to the original form of payment. If that winds up not being correct and it goes into a travel bank I'll just to make another trip to Disney to use that $100 credit 😇

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter