2 factor identification issue

Notsosubtle

Earning My Ears
I had to make a new username to even get to this page. My regular un is forcing me to enable 2 factor id. Nothing loads now or it'll take me back to disboards.com instead of the thread I was finally able to click on after multiple tries.

I tried to disable it but it wouldn't let me do anything until I enabled it again. This doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else and I'd like to figure out how to fix it.

Not sure this is even a tech board issue or if its a webmaster issue but am starting here since I can't pm yet.

The 2-factor identification was put in place maybe about a month ago in response to an issue that forced the DISboards offline for about a day. I don’t believe it’s optional.

The 2-factor identification was put in place maybe about a month ago in response to an issue that forced the DISboards offline for about a day. I don’t believe it’s optional.

But not everyone is being forced into it, I know several people who haven't had it pop up to do. It's also seriously slowing down the boards to the point things don't load.

If it didn't make the boards almost impossible to use it would be fine.

Um, I don’t know if anything has been tweaked, I assumed everyone had to do it. I had to re-do my 2-factor verification recently. No issue with slow loading, the boards have worked fine for me and I’m on daily.

What's interesting is that it's disabled for me (but I can enable it if I want). Maybe it's only turned on automatically for mods?

What's interesting is that it's disabled for me (but I can enable it if I want). Maybe it's only turned on automatically for mods?

View attachment 584157
Could be, I never even looked in my settings. I thought I saw others posting about it at the time so assumed it was everyone.

Except I'm not a mod and when I hit disable on my other un that has this issue, it won't let me, it forces me back into enabling it.

I'm also not the only poster that I know has this issue, but the other person isn't as patient/ridiculous as I am, they won't keep refreshing and waiting forever for things to load so they can continue using the un they've had for years.

It is disabled for those registered more than 24 hours with at least 10 posts except for mods and WMs and new accounts.

It is disabled for those registered more than 24 hours with at least 10 posts except for mods and WMs and new accounts.

My other username was created in 2014 and it was enabled. When I checked last week, prior to this post, it wasn't any more.

However, it still takes forever for the threads to load, often having to try multiple times. Often I click on a thread, it takes forever trying to load and then it ends up loading disboards.com.

It doesn't matter if I'm on my phone using data and Opera or on my laptop using wifi and Chrome. It's to the point where a place I often visited throughout the day to read various things and chat on the budget board, I now visit in the evening when I have the time to fiddle with everything.

It it was just one browser or just one device, I would see the issue being on my end, but since it wasn't happening until the 2 factor was enabled on my other username, it's got to be something here that's causing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter