• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 days in Feb: which days for MK and AK?

mirak

Mouseketeer
Going to Disney for 2 days in February: Wednesday the 13th and Thursday the 14th. We want to spend a day at MK and a day at AK. The extra expense of adding Park Hopper for the whole family doesn’t seem worth it. But we will be staying at an off-property Hilton with access to EMH.

So which park would you do first? Only MK has an EMH on those dates: an evening on 2/13. Not sure that we’ll even utilize those hours given ages if our kids (5-11), but it would be nice to have the option, maybe. On the other hand, could the EMH actually make MK more crowded that day?

Maybe it doesn’t matter that much for crowds and if that’s the case then we should go MK first just to have the EMH option. But let me know. Thanks.

Our experience is that parks are more crowded on the days that they have EMH.

So if I were not planning to utilize EMH, I would avoid MK on the 13th.

So which park would you do first? Only MK has an EMH on those dates: an evening on 2/13. Not sure that we’ll even utilize those hours given ages if our kids (5-11), but it would be nice to have the option, maybe. On the other hand, could the EMH actually make MK more crowded that day?

Park hours will probably change, but right now MK is only open until 8:00, so if they do change, it will probably be just one hour later. With that early of a closure, the EMH will be highly attended and lines will not diminish by much, if at all. However, there will be people who choose MK that day because of the EMH just as you are thinking of doing. That will make MK more crowded on that day than it will be on the next day. Since you're not really getting that much "value" out of such an early EMH, I would choose AK that day and MK the next day.

Park hours will probably change, but right now MK is only open until 8:00, so if they do change, it will probably be just one hour later. With that early of a closure, the EMH will be highly attended and lines will not diminish by much, if at all. However, there will be people who choose MK that day because of the EMH just as you are thinking of doing. That will make MK more crowded on that day than it will be on the next day. Since you're not really getting that much "value" out of such an early EMH, I would choose AK that day and MK the next day.
I agree with this, if you're not going to utilize EMH do AK.

AK on Wednesday and MK on Thursday due to the MK EMH on Wednesday. I'll be at AK on that Wednesday the 13th, too. See you there! ha!

AK on Wednesday and MK on Thursday due to the MK EMH on Wednesday. I'll be at AK on that Wednesday the 13th, too. See you there! ha!

I will be at AK on 2/13 as well! We leave 2/14 but really want to try to stay to attend the 2/14 DAH at MK. My bday is 2/14. But the kids are already missing so much school (there for a cheer comp).

Looks like they’ve already adjusted the calendar so now MK stays open until 9pm on Thursday the 14th. So I agree, it makes no sense to go to MK on Wednesday the 13th for the EMH when it may only add 1 extra hour in the evening as opposed to going Thursday.

But 2/14 is Valentine’s Day. Is that a typically a busy day at MK?

Also, there's a separately-ticketed after hour event from 9 to midnight on Thursday the 14th in MK. How will that impact crowds during the day?

I usually stay away from parks that have EMH as I have found them to be more crowded. Hope you have a great trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter