2-day Proposalpalooza

SkipperJ

Earning My Ears
After several months of planning and postponing, our short weekend trip is now over. My girlfriend and I went to WDW on Septempber 29th and stayed for 1 night at Coronado Springs in the Ranchos. It was my first time staying there in many years, and her first time ever staying in a Disney hotel. I loved the decor in the room, especially the gemoetric patterns and dark woods, not to mention the mickeys incorporated into the bed covers.

We arrived at MK saturday morning, about 5 minutes after the park opened. We spent about the first half hour just taking pictures around the entranceway and mainstreet. Then we decided we'd better get a move on before lines start building, so we headed straight for Space Mountain. We got fast passes, and were excited to find we would have to be waiting too long, so we went into a shop in Tomorrowland and looked and some nice plushy Stitchs for a while. We then went to Space Mountain where it took us about 10 minutes to get on the ride. After getting off we headed to the Carousel of Progress, I wanted to make sure we did some things on this trip that she'd never done before.

From there we took the scenic route towards Liberty Square since we had an ADR for the Loberty Tree Tavern (a first for us both). We stopped and stood in line to meet Merida, but it took long enough that we had to duck out and head to lunch. Funny enough, while we were waiting we realized we didn't have an autograph book, so I ran out of line to the strategically placed wagon/kiosk next to the meet 'n greet and snagged one.

We checked in at Liberty Tree about 5 minutes early, and were seated in no time. It was packed, and noisy and full of kids. But we had been at Disney less than 4 hours at this point so it didn't bother us. Our server Samira was absolutely wonderful. She was very friendly, courteous, and quick. We were seated in the John Paul Jones area, and loved the mugs our drinks were served in.

After lunch we went to the Town Square Theatre and got pictures with Mickey and Minnie, and then Cinderella, Belle, and Rapunzel. Rapunzel is my gf's absolute favorite, she says she can identify with her. I say its the blonde, she disagrees. The ladies were wonderful and my gf loved that Cinderella asked permission to put her arm in mine lol.
So we succesfully broke in the autograph book.

Abotu that time it was getting close to the point we needed to head to Coronado Springs to check in and get ready for our BIG DINNER! (Next post)

(All of these events were interspersed with shopping and snacking)

Hello again,

Ok, we went back to the hotel and checked in. I really like Coonado Springs, growing up most of my family didn't so we didn't stay there often. After check-in we went to our room located in the Ranchos and relaxed for a few minutes, cooled down, and then began getting ready for our fancy dinner at Narcoossee's. I got ready firsta nd then headed out to El Centro to wait while my lovely gf got ready. What she didn't know was that while I was out I was calling Narcoossee's to tell them that I planned to propose to my girlfriend during the fireworks on the deck and ask if there was a wy to arrange for someone to take pictures of it. I spoke to a hostess named Brittany and she said she would take care of it personally. So with that all set I waited and when she was done we headed out to dinner. She didn't know where dinner was going.
If you saw my thread in the "Welcome" section, you saw that the plans changed multiple times, so I decided to just leave it as a surprise. Originally our plan was for Narcoossee's and she was excited because I hate seafood so she doesn't get to eat it all that often. Then our plans changed multiple times and I just decided to keep it as a surprise.

We arrived at Narcoossee's about 30 minutes early and my blood pressure must have been through the roof, I felt like I couldn't stop shaking at most points. We sat on the deck and watched the boats come and go while we waited to go check in. Once we were given a pager it was probably 10 minutes and we were being seated by a hostess named Jenique. Our server's name was Allen, and I must share that he was probably the best server I have ever had. He was very friendly, very helpful with our questions about the food, and very attentive (without hovering).
For apps I had the hearts of romaine, and gf had the crab cakes which she said were magical. The sourdough bread was fantastic also. We ordered our entrees, filet for me and surf&turf for the lady, and waited for them to come. The pace of the meal was very leisurely, intentionally.
When it was close to time for Wishes our entrees still hadn't come to the table and I was getting worried that we would be eating cold food. We headed out to the porch anyway, I sent her ahead so that I could go give the camera to Brittany. I met her outside and Brittany was out there shortly after and started nonchalantly chatting with my gf. We got a couple pre-fireworks shots and then they began and my gf kept asking me howlong I was going to make the poor girl stand outside with us lol.
When the characters in the fireworks show started making their wishes I told gf that she should make a wish too. When she closed her eyes I pulled out the ring box and told her some sweet things that neither of us remember now and that I wished she would spend the rest of her life with me, got down on one knee and opened the box to show her the ring. She squeeled and giggled and cried and said yes!! And we spent the rest of the fireworks show laughing and talking quietly and trying to to make any more of a scene for the people around us lol.

When Wishes was over we were congratulted about a dozen times by the other guests heading back inside. When we sat down it appeared that they had held the entrees in the kitchen until people returned, everything was still hot and juicy and delicious. I was starving now that all the pre-proposal stress was gone. But my (now) fiance couldn't seem to get her appetite back because of her excitedness (I was hoping we would time it so that entrees would be before fireworks and dessert would be after). But she still ate most of it and couldn't get over the deliciousness.
About a minute after our food arrived, so did good old Allen, with a complimentary champagne toast. We were also visited by Brittany who just HAD to know all about us, and how we met, and how long we'd been together, etc... And Jenique who brought us some custom decorated "I'm Celebrating" pins which we loved. "9/29/12 She Said Yes!!!"
For dessert I ordered the pecan tart (I'm a sucker for anything with pecans), and DF (first use of the acronym!) ordered the almond crusted cheesecake. The desserts came with little white chocolate printed banners that said "congratulations from Narcoossee's".
Now I cannt overstate this enough: I don't like cheesecake. But once DF ate half and couldn't finish it, I took a bite and couldn't stop myself from finishing it. It was the most delicious dessert I have ever had. My pecan tart was also quite good, but there was no competition for that cheesecake.

From there we picked up the car and I drove us back to Coronado Springs while DF called her parents and best friend. Then we changed and I called my parents.

Engagement asside, this was possibly the best meal of my life. The atmosphere is perfect for a relaxed, romantic, but still very very nice dinner. The staff were the friendliest and most helpful and accomodating I've ever seen. Normally theres 1 person who's extra good, and the rest are all decent/mediocre, not so with Narcoossee's. From now on this is the very first place I would reccomend for dinner on property. Also, ask for Allen.

Congrats, you two!! :groom:princess:

So glad everything worked out, especially after the flip-flopping of the schedule.

You made me cry!

Congrats :cheer2:

Have you set a date?

I think it would seem fitting that you two should honeymoon at Disney!

'When the characters in the fireworks show started making their wishes I told gf that she should make a wish too. When she closed her eyes I pulled out the ring box and told her some sweet things that neither of us remember now and that I wished she would spend the rest of her life with me, got down on one knee and opened the box to show her the ring. She squeeled and giggled and cried and said yes!! And we spent the rest of the fireworks show laughing and talking quietly and trying to to make any more of a scene for the people around us lol.'

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!

I'm so glad it all worked out - you got your reservation, she said yes, you had a great meal! Sounds perfect - congrats!!

Thanks guys!!
Shelly we have not set a date yet. Haven't even talked about it much lol. We're both going crazy with school and work. But I believe it'll be early next summer.

So the enxt day we woke up early and headed out to MK again, we wanted to retake some of the pictures with our own camera, and get some more. We make a lot of little weekend trips, but rarely get pictures of both of us. So we went back to the princesses, and they all swooned over the ring and the story as she retold it. We made it to Merida that day, who proceeded to pronounce very loudly that we were gross and then whisper quietly how incredibally adorable it was but that we weren't allowed to let anyone know she thought that (oops).
Also, we obviously stopped and got some "Just Engaged" pins. And the lady at Guest Services put us on he phone with Minnie and Mickey congrtulating us. Although I think Mickey was more interested in the prospect of wedding cake...
I also thought I had read somewhere that beignets were being served in MK again and I was ECSTATIC. However, I was unable to find any, so I think I may have been browsing and making assumptions instead of actually reading when I saw that. It was quite disappointing.
After a few more hours at MK we made our way to Epcot and the Food and Wine Festival. DF had the cosmo sour slush in france, it was delicious. Although I think it was a bit small for an almost $10 drink. But hey, what can ya do? I got the Beer Flight #2 at the Brewmaster booth. I didn't love any of them, but they were all pretty good. The Oktoberfest might have been my favorite. I definitely think the flights are the way to go. You get to try 3 or 4 beers for $12 or so. Granted they're only 6oz. cups, but I think most of the fun at F&W comes from tasting new things.
We also tried the lobster roll (only ok) and ravioli (pretty good). That night we had dinner at Boatwright's. We were so full and the service was mediocre so we actually took about half of our meal and our desserts to go. The food was ok, but I'm not sure we'll be back.
On the way from Epcot to POR we rode a disney bus, and once we were close the couple across from us asked us if we had been at Narcoossee's the night before. Indeed we were! They saw us getting engaged! I felt like a celebrity lol.
We were going to return to Epcot to watch Illuminations, but we were exhausted and still had an hour drive ahead of us, so we just opted to head back to our car and get on home.
We didn't get a lot accomplished in the parks this particular trip, but that certainly didn't mean we didn't have an amazing trip. However, the next time we go and don't plan on spending time at the hotel I think we'll opt for a value resort. CS was great, but we didn't spend enough time there to really enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter