2 DAS planning questions

audrey2580

DIS Veteran
I have two questions that I didn't see answered in the FAQ.

1) I understand the DAS holder must be present and the first one scanned to USE the DAS. I also understand that anyone in the party can REQUEST a return time for the party. But if you are parkhopping can you request a return time if the DAS holder has not entered the park yet? Example: DAS holder is taking an afternoon break at hotel after busy MK morning and Mom runs over to HS to grab a return time for their evening in HS when DAS holder is ready to return to the park. Will they give you the return time since DAS holders magic band has not been scanned at HS?

2) What happens when the return time is longer than park closing? Example: We ask for return time at Flight of Passage when the wait time is 180 mins but the park closes in 60 mins. Are we told no or do they adjust your return time to accommodate this?

Thanks!!

1. I am not sure about Disney World; however, at Disneyland the DAS holder has to have entered one of the parks before requesting a return time. So for example, they entered Disneyland, someone could request a return time at DCA for the DAS holder before they entered DCA. I would guess it is similar at WDW, but not sure.
  2. As long as the standby queue is open you can request a return time since a guest that does not need the DAS would have the option to enter the standby queue at that time and denying a return time would not be providing equal access. At most attractions the wait time is short enough at that time of night to not make a difference. FOP, I am not sure how they would handle that one, although the posted wait time would be longer than the actual wait time.

Thanks. I think Disneyland is a little different since you can request a DCA wait time from a DL kiosk so ticket scans don't really come into play. For my question the DAS holder would have entered 1 park but just not the 2nd park yet.

1) I understand the DAS holder must be present and the first one scanned to USE the DAS. I also understand that anyone in the party can REQUEST a return time for the party. But if you are parkhopping can you request a return time if the DAS holder has not entered the park yet? Example: DAS holder is taking an afternoon break at hotel after busy MK morning and Mom runs over to HS to grab a return time for their evening in HS when DAS holder is ready to return to the park. Will they give you the return time since DAS holders magic band has not been scanned at HS?

2) What happens when the return time is longer than park closing? Example: We ask for return time at Flight of Passage when the wait time is 180 mins but the park closes in 60 mins. Are we told no or do they adjust your return time to accommodate this?

Thanks!!
1 no you must be in the park to get a DAS and everyone in the group must be in the park to be added to the DAS. or this was how it was about a year ago when my friend tried to get a DAS when I( the DAS holder) was on my way to the park.

2 I have had a few things happen most of the time the CM gives the return time for about 10~ minutes from park closing and just asked for me the return as close to the return time as posable. I have found if you go right before park close they just let you in.
the only time this did not happen is right after Pandora opened they close the line for FOP 60-90 minutes early and did not issue any DAS return time ( I had already had a return time and was going back when a guest was yelling at the CM who would not issue him a return time) I can see them doing the same thing for the new star wars rides

Thanks. I think Disneyland is a little different since you can request a DCA wait time from a DL kiosk so ticket scans don't really come into play. For my question the DAS holder would have entered 1 park but just not the 2nd park yet.
. you must be in the park the DAS is being issued to get it.

Thanks!!

In terms of your second question, we had this very experience about a year ago. We got a DAS for FoP, but the standby time extended past closing time. When issuing the DAS, the CM told us we had to be back before closing or they wouldn't allow us into the line. I cannot remember, however, how much time he shaved off the standby time in order for this to happen. I do remember we got back to the FP+ line to use the DAS about 5 minutes prior to park closing and entered without issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter