2 BR lock off-unlocked on arrival?

skorpie

Love the magic
We have a 2BR lock-off at VWL for this July and have invited another family along with us. I'm curious, when we arrive at the villa, will the door to their portion of the lock off be open? Not wanting to be too inhospitable, I'd like have our 1BR section for our use primarily. If we all enter through the 1BR area, they might assume that the villa is for all of us all the time. I must sound awful, but these are mainly friends of my DH. I get along with them OK, but I do want my own space. Any info and advice is appreciated.

We stayed in a 2BD lockoff once and everyone checking in received their keys. When we went to our room our family used the key to the 1 BD (they told us at the desk which # was which) and my inlaws went in the studio with their key. I think I remember the doors between them being closed. And I think all of our keys worked for both rooms- we never used ours for their room so I could be wrong.

PS- you are very generous to invite friends of your husband- I hope he appreciates that!

When we stayed at OKW in a studio the lock off between them was open!!:confused: I think they just wanted to tease me. So I would think that when you get there that they would be unlocked.

If you have reserved it as a 2BR, the door will likely be open and the room keys will open the outside doors to both units. You can always shut and lock the connecting door, but their key will still open your villa (and vice versa). All charges for both rooms will be on the same bill also- including phone charges.

If you reserve it as a 1BR and Studio, you will have separate units each with their own keys.

Good Luck! :)

If you really don't want to share the space, I'd rebook as a one-bedroom and a studio and have them located in the same area but not adjoining. To do otherwise, is like inviting people to your home and then telling them they are not to leave the bedroom for the living room unless invited. If you think you need "space" I'd plan ahead for it.

Thanks for all your advice! Do you think if I called ahead to the front desk, they could arrange to have the doors closed?

If you ask them to keep the doors locked, you are essentially asking them for a studio and a one-bedroom. Since there is a point difference, I'm not sure whether they will do this without booking it as two seperate units. You could call or e-mail MS and ask them how this would work. They might be able to close the door (not lock it) but human nature is to see where every door leads. I'm sure they'll be opening it first thing. (I always hear the folks in the studio pulling on the door at least once.)

As already mentioned, the key to the outside doors will be the same if you keep the 2-bedroom status. They could enter your unit from the front door.

We had a 2BR at BWV last month and the doors were not opened when we checked in. We had to open the studio front door and then open the adjoining doors.
A "funny" thing happened that trip. My BIL's family was staying in the 2BR with his family of 6 kids. The two year old is a dynamo. So they locked the front studio door so he couldn't slip out(he's a houdini). Well somehow he managed to close the studio adjoining door when no one was in the studio and because the security lock was on the front door they were locked out! I don't know how maintaince opened the door but they did. BIL taped the latch open for the remainder of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter