2 BFF's, 88 Rapunzels, 30yrs., and 40 yrs.=10 days of fun! 2 Updates April 15!

After Lauren and I finished our delicious breakfasts, we were ready to head out and explore more of Animal Kingdom. We decided to take a leisurely stroll over towards Expedition Everest and see what kind of wait times there were. On the way to Asia there was a special visitor passing through so we stopped to visit briefly! Devine!

2011_1002meggggerrr0029.jpg

It was the first time I had seen her come out of the foliage! There were also a bunch of people who had never seen her before and they were just in awe. :goodvibes

The wait time for Expedition Everest was only 10 minutes! Lauren wasn’t quite ready to ride yet after our big meal so she waited and I went and got in the single rider line. In about 2 minutes I was being sent up to be paired off - and I got to take a spin in the front seat!:banana: I was very excited! I love big thrill rides and Everest is definitely a favourite of mine! I adore the yeti! I hurried through the gift shop to find Lauren and we went and got in line again!

After coming back down the mountain, we decided to head over to take a ride on Dinosaur. We noticed some other friends coming out for a visit, and with no line, we decided to pop over to see them!:goodvibes

2011_1002meggggerrr0030.jpg

We finished up the morning at AK by becoming honorary bugs at It’s Tough To Be A Bug and then wandered out to the bus stops. As we walked up to the stop we needed, the bus for DHS was pulling up to the curb - I’m telling you, we had the best luck with transportation! :worship: We boarded the bus and off we went!

We didn’t spend a ton of time at Hollywood Studios but I definitely needed a spin on RNR and ToT!:woohoo:

2011_1002meggggerrr0035.jpg

But first, we headed straight over to Pixar Place to try and get fast passes for Toy Story Midway Mania. We knew it was a longshot, and we were right, they were long gone for the day!:rolleyes: But the wait wasn’t too bad, so we decided we would come back later. We headed back over to Rock N’ Roller Coaster and Tower Of Terror.

2011_1002meggggerrr0036.jpg

2011_1002meggggerrr0032.jpg

We walked over to the other side of the park afterwards. I had never noticed this billboard before!

2011_1002meggggerrr0031.jpg

We went and saw the Muppets and then headed back around to check out the Great Movie Ride. We walked around the courtyard before going inside and looked at the Mary Poppins premiere pictures in the windows. They didn’t really turn out well, but I got one that’s not too bad! (you can even spot my birthday button in it:upsidedow)

2011_1002meggggerrr0033.jpg

After we went inside the movies, we decided we would take our chances and head back to check out the TSMM queue. Did we ride, or did we walk away disappointed? Find out in the next update!

Oh how I LOVE Roger Rabbit! I've never noticed that billboard before either! LOVE your top Stace, such a pretty color and pattern on you with your hair!!

Can't wait to see if you got to ride TSM! :goodvibes

Oh how I LOVE Roger Rabbit! I've never noticed that billboard before either! LOVE your top Stace, such a pretty color and pattern on you with your hair!!

Can't wait to see if you got to ride TSM! :goodvibes

Thanks Jess!:hug: You are so super sweet! You're giving me cavities!:laughing: I always associate Roger Rabbit with my first trip to WDW in 1992. The movie had come out recently and there was a ton of stuff in the parks about it. Even when I watch it now, thats what I think of! I was excited to see the billboard! Lauren just goes "how do you notice that kinda stuff?....":rolleyes:

In other news our local theatre - The Grand Theatre is currently doing Cinderella as the Christmas play this year. Tonight was opening night and Lauren happened to win tickets for it!:goodvibes It was really cute! Not like the Disney version at all but cute.
(here's the website if you would like to see more about it:
http://www.grandtheatre.com/index.php/mainstage-theatre/2011-12-mainstage-season/cinderella/)
There were lots of little girls dressed up as princesses and guess who I sat next to......Rapunzel!:thumbsup2 Do you think she counts as 89? ;) There were also 7 Cinderella's and 1 Belle

Have a lovely weekend folks!:goodvibes

:cool1: Woo Hoo for front seat on EE!!!!! Isn't that the best???? I love it! I am hoping to ride EE in the dark in a few weeks - wish me luck! :rotfl:

Fun day in AK and now off to HS. Great pictures along the way. What a wonderful day so far.

Too bad about the TSM FP's. So what did you think of GMR?

:cool1: Woo Hoo for front seat on EE!!!!! Isn't that the best???? I love it! I am hoping to ride EE in the dark in a few weeks - wish me luck! :rotfl:

Fun day in AK and now off to HS. Great pictures along the way. What a wonderful day so far.

Too bad about the TSM FP's. So what did you think of GMR?

I have only ridden EE once in the dark but it was a blast!:thumbsup2 I didn't realize you were going so soon! GMR is one of those rides that I think is underrated - put Mary Poppins in and anything becomes better! But being a bug movie buff, I really enjoy it! And we did actually get the western side on one occasion this trip which was a nice treat!

Hi! I don't know if anyone is still reading along, but I just wanted to let you know there will be more updates coming! Forgive the delay, but I do work retail and there are only 10 days left until Christmas! :santa: I haven't had much of a chance to Dis as much as I would like! But there will be more to come!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday Season so far!:goodvibes

102_102.jpg

109_109.jpg

101_101.jpg

I'm still here as well. Hang in there at work. I used to work retail and remember all too well the pure exhaustion during the holiday season! :santa:

I'm still reading, Stacy! Hope all of your customers are behaving as we reach the end of the holiday shopping season! :goodvibes

Most customers are lovely this time of year...I was only yelled at by one very rude lady on Saturday evening...:sad2: She will get coal in her stocking I think!

I'm still here as well. Hang in there at work. I used to work retail and remember all too well the pure exhaustion during the holiday season! :santa:

Thanks C! Exhausted? Check! Ready to get into January when we can get organized and rested again!:goodvibes You're lucky to be out of the retail circus!

I'm still reading too!!!

Hi!:goodvibes Hope the season is treating you well!

We will be walking under these one week from today! :dance3:

Hope you get to have some time to relax soon. :thumbsup2

Super jealous...I am turning green with envy as I type!;) Be sure to get there bright and early that day!:santa: I am hoping to do a little relaxing tomorrow! It's my last day off until Christmas and as I finished all the last minute shopping, I have nothing to do but sit at home in my jammies and then a late movie with Lauren! We're gonna go see the Muppets finally!

So, this weekend was kind of a bummer for me...:rolleyes: We had a plumbing disaster happen in the basement (where I live) while trying to install a new washing machine, I wound up working a nearly 11 hour shift at work on Saturday (immediately after the emergency plumber left - I was called in to come early:headache:), I was supposed to go for a manicure and they didn't actually schedule me in so I couldn't get it, Lauren and I had a bit of a tiff (they never last long - no worries! We've been friends long enough that squabbles aren't a big deal)....stressed was my key word this weekend.

Anyhow, my DCousin Meghan, who may as well be my little sister (here's a picture of Meggie and me:))

P8182131.jpg

is celebrating her 21st birthday tomorrow! So we were heading over to her house for dinner. She and I wont see each other again until after Christmas (her DBF lives out of town and she goes there for Christmas every year) so we exchanged gifts today. I gave her some gift cards and a Tinkerbell cake, and she gave me....

Tickets to Disney on Ice!!:banana:

I'm so excited! I've never been to a Disney on Ice show before! It's the Treasure Trove show and it looks great! Now I just have to wait until February for a Disney fix!:woohoo:

It definitely made my weekend end on a happy note! I hope you all had lovely weekends as well! Now I am off to do some wrapping! Here's a couple more Disney Christmas shots from our trip in 2008!

083_83.jpg

084_84.jpg

:santa: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!:santa:

I hope you all have a very happy, festive, and safe season!

Merry Christmas Stace. I am still hear and trying to catch up on all my TR subs. I hope things start to slow down for you in the near future.

BTW - EE is the dark was a blast! Well worth the wait. :thumbsup2

Merry Christmas Stace. I am still hear and trying to catch up on all my TR subs. I hope things start to slow down for you in the near future.

BTW - EE is the dark was a blast! Well worth the wait. :thumbsup2

Thanks Mary Ellen! I hope you and your family had a merry Christmas as well!:hug: Things should start slowing down very much at work as we get into January. I don't get busy again until Valentine's Day! I'm glad to hear EE was fun in the dark! Are you doing a TR?

Hello folks!:goodvibes

I hope you've all enjoyed your holidays and are getting ready for a happy new year! Things are starting to settle down at work and we're all celebrating that we've survived another Christmas season! Now we just have to worry about inventory in a couple of weeks:eek: In anycase, here is another update!:thumbsup2

So, did we ride TSMM or did we walk away disappointed? We rode TSMM! The wait really wasn’t too bad. The sign above the stand-by entrance said a 70 minute wait was in-store for us but we threw caution to the wind and entered the building. We spent some of our time waiting being entertained by the charming and charismatic Mr. Potato Head!

2011_1002meggggerrr0037.jpg

2011_1002meggggerrr0038.jpg

In the end it turned out to be a 50 minute wait. We got our 3D glasses and headed for Andy’s room!

2011_1002meggggerrr0039.jpg

2011_1002meggggerrr0040.jpg

When we were done playing, our scores showed that Lauren once again kicked my butt at the game (she usually does and can be fiercely competitive!). But we had other matters to tend to! Dinner reservations were coming up and we had to get our tails over to the Contemporary!

Continued in next post :)

Chef Mickey’s has become a vacation tradition for Lauren and me. Either the first or second night of the trip, we head over and let the Big Cheese himself make us dinner! J And this trip was no exception! So for my birthday dinner I pigged out on the amazing parmesan mashed potatoes, chicken nuggets, Mickey mac ‘n’ cheese, desserts, etc.! This has got to be one of my favourite restaurants on Earth! The food is pretty great and I love the character interaction! We got more pictures taken with the gang!

2011_1002meggggerrr0050.jpg

2011_1002meggggerrr0049.jpg

2011_1002meggggerrr0048.jpg

2011_1002meggggerrr0047.jpg

2011_1002meggggerrr0046.jpg

2011_1002meggggerrr0045.jpg

2011_1002meggggerrr0044.jpg

I was lucky enough to end the meal with a song and the traditional Disney birthday cupcake!

2011_1002meggggerrr0042.jpg

It was definitely a great start to the evening!:thumbsup2

That's the nice thing about TSM -- even when there is a 50-minute wait, there are so many things to look at in the queue.

Hurray for a fun birthday dinner at Chef Mickey's! The pictures of you and Lauren with the characters are adorable!

So fun to have trip traditions like your Chef Mickey's dinner to look forward to. I have to admit I've only been there once for breakfast but it looks like a blast. And can't beat that character interaction! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter