2/3 year old arrival ?

amerie

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney to celebrate my daughters 3rd birthday, as of right now my daughter will turn 3 the day we check in, after speaking with a cast member over the phone its cheaper to add a day and move our check in date to the day before because then Disney will consider her two for the duration of the trip and we won’t need to buy her a park pass…that makes me nervous…how do they know I’m not lying one way or the other? Do I need to bring her birth certificate? We had planned to buy her the pass but if I can save $$$ by adding a day to our trip I’ll do that, the flight is cheaper the day before too. Adding a night at Pop is about $150, buying her the park pass is $500, plus we'd get a few Southwest points refunded back for changing our flight day from Friday to Thursday.

This seems like a no brainer but I don't want any issues to come up at the gate! Am I missing something?

Thank you! We're going to add the day...I'm sure I'll still have some anxiety about it though!

You might get a question when you go on a ride with no fastpass for her, but a simple "she doesn't yet have a ticket" will suffice. I've had a few gentle questions through the years, but never any sort of argument. A simple answer and you move on. No fuss, no anxiety. And if they really want to, they can look up the age with the magic band (I think). But I can't imagine there will be any questions past the initial "may I have your fastpass?"

What you were told is absolutely true! Do not stress over it. Check in 1 day earlier and have a great time.

Completely true. You don't "age" at Disney so you are the age you were when your vacation started so if it is 2 then you are completely free the entire trip! If anyone asks just tell them she just turned 3 during the trip so she doesn't have a ticket or anything. They'll let her in.

Don't worry, you will be fine. We have two girls. Both have been prior to turning 3 to WDW. We have never been questioned at all. They are used to seeing tons of kids come through under the age of 3.

I'm pregnant now and we are specifically planning On doing a trip this way when our LO is about to turn 3. Disney's policy is "no one ages while they're at Disney" so it's a great way to save!

We are going to Disney to celebrate my daughters 3rd birthday, as of right now my daughter will turn 3 the day we check in, after speaking with a cast member over the phone its cheaper to add a day and move our check in date to the day before because then Disney will consider her two for the duration of the trip and we won’t need to buy her a park pass…that makes me nervous…how do they know I’m not lying one way or the other? Do I need to bring her birth certificate? We had planned to buy her the pass but if I can save $$$ by adding a day to our trip I’ll do that, the flight is cheaper the day before too. Adding a night at Pop is about $150, buying her the park pass is $500, plus we'd get a few Southwest points refunded back for changing our flight day from Friday to Thursday.

This seems like a no brainer but I don't want any issues to come up at the gate! Am I missing something?

Nope! Do it!!

We just did that for DGD and had no issues. Not one time were we asked. have a great trip!

Ok so what about dining reservations? Is she two or three? We want to do Hoop De Doo Review and it's asking her age...it's the difference of being free or paying. She doesn't eat much but obviously I'm still planning to feed her something when we go :) so do we say 3?

Ok so what about dining reservations? Is she two or three? We want to do Hoop De Doo Review and it's asking her age...it's the difference of being free or paying. She doesn't eat much but obviously I'm still planning to feed her something when we go :) so do we say 3?

It is 2. If you put in her birthday it will show it as 2 since you are booking while she is 2. She will be allowed to eat from everyone's plate so up to you if you pay full children's price for her own plate or if you are okay with her eating off one of yours.

It is 2. If you put in her birthday it will show it as 2 since you are booking while she is 2. She will be allowed to eat from everyone's plate so up to you if you pay full children's price for her own plate or if you are okay with her eating off one of yours.

OK thank you! It's my understanding that it's family style but if that's wrong I'm fine for her to eat off my plate. And where do I input her birthday? I've already made the rooming reservations and I have the dining pulled up to confirm but nowhere has it asked for her DOB, on her profile it just asked age.

OK thank you! It's my understanding that it's family style but if that's wrong I'm fine for her to eat off my plate. And where do I input her birthday? I've already made the rooming reservations and I have the dining pulled up to confirm but nowhere has it asked for her DOB, on her profile it just asked age.

I'm not 100% sure as my neices and nephews all had profiles already. You can just put 2 then if she was 2 at start of vacation.

Just say she is 2 for everything. No one is going to question you. No need to worry.

Just say she is 2 for everything. No one is going to question you. No need to worry.

I agree. If anyone asks, save yourself the headache of any long winded explanation and just say she is 2.

An extra day at Disney AND saving money...sounds like a no-brainer. Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter