2½ Yr Old on Small World?

Cinalella

Earning My Ears
We are taking our (what will be) 2½ Year Old daughter for the first time in October. I love Its A Small World (Husband is a first timer, d'you think he'll love it too???!!!!). What I would like to know is will she be able to ride? I guess from reading other messages that there will be a fair bit for her to do. We are off site but close by so we were already planning for afternoon naps. Will she be able to do things like Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan?

:Pinkbounc

Ps. How do I get the countdown thing on my message?

Sure!! She will be able to do everything that does not have some sort of a restriction. On our most recent trip our kids were 8, 5, 3, and 22 mo. You will have a great time!!!

I believe you can find info about the countdowns on the tech support board.

Have a great trip!

Cinalella,

You DD will love it's a small world. DH on the other hand is another matter. We now have a rule that DH and DS 10 will ride it with me one time per trip to be good sports, after that , I am on my own. At least you have a DD so perhaps you will have a forever ride friend.
There is so much your DD can do in all the parks, not just MK even though that will be her favorite. She will love them all, even Epcot.

Jordan's mom

Oh yes, by all means don't miss IASW with your dd. She will love everything in Fantasyland with the exception perhaps of Snow White - the witch scares some children. At that age my girls rode everything at MK that did not have a height restriction including Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribean.

Have fun.
TJ

I agree with tjmw2727--skip Snow White! We had done it several times with our little one from 7 months on, but this last trip at 2 1/2 she had become aware enough of her surroundings to notice the 'cumbers', as she calls scary things! It made it more difficult to talk her onto dark rides like Figment (which she loved!)

Start out with the easy, fun rides like Pooh and 'Mall World' and move up till you hit the wall. You may be surprised at all that you get to do!

She will be able to ride anything that you can hold her in your lap or that she can sit up in like Dumbo, Tricertops Spin, Alladin, Peter Pan, Small World, etc.

You can get the countdown by going to the tech page and clicking on one of the first threads that says get your countdown timers here. Follow the link and just follow the directions. They are pretty fool proof!

Angie

We brought our son for the first time at age 2 and he did great on It's a Small World, Honey Pot Ride, Dumbo, - even Goofy's Barnstormer. He didn't like the Haunted Mansion - and hasn't wanted to return - even though he has now conquered some much more frightening rides like ToT at only 4. I was warned about Snow White so we skipped that until this year. Just be sure to bring a small pen light or flashlight with you - it reassures as well as helps you when you drop something in the ride.

Our daughter was 22 months on her first trip to WDW. We took her on everything except the mountain rides (Splash Mountain, Space Mt, Thunder Mt) and she loved them all. She even went on Haunted Mansion and loved that. She went on Pooh ride, Snow White, Carousel, Dumbo, Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride, Peter Pan, Small World, Buzz Lightyear, Tea Cups, Transit Authority (I think I have the name wrong but it was a great ride to relax on), and Pirates of the Caribbean. We're going back in May and are hoping she likes it just as much then as she did in September!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter