***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

My granddaughter was 3 - 1/2 yrs old when we went to HDDR and she enjoyed it. They brought food that kids would eat, like macaroni and cheese. The waitress was great and my granddaughter loved her. But I would only do this show if you really wanted to see it. It is not a "must do" in my opinion, although all of us enjoyed it. I think the best time to go to HDDR is when you have friends/family with you. It just seems more fun that way. :)
Thanks! It does sound really fun and glad to know they might offer some other kid's food! I would probably keep it if AK does not extend their hours :)

I do actually have a BOG still that I booked before I was able to find a dinner... but it's not an ideal time. It's 12/5 910AM for 6. If anyone would like it just let me know :) @BDFmom you're looking for a ppo right?

Last edited:
Speaking of ADRs, do any of you want a quick service lunch at BOG on Monday 12/5? It's at 2:20 pm. It's for 4 (could be for less than that) and I grabbed it for someone but it is not the right time for them. Let me know before I drop it back!!!

I PM'd you, super interested if its still available :)

Does anyone here know the limit on gift cards purchased in one transaction at Target (in store)? I was thinking it was $2500 but couldn't remember for sure. We bought $1500 in one transaction last week, but I'd rather do $2500 if we can. I know we can ask and we can try, and we will, but hoped someone here would just KNOW the answer. :)

Thank you for your reply @Candycane83, I don't know enough about the counter service at MK to know if we would should try it. I'm nervous about the whole managing kids in crowds with trays of foods to find tables. We lost my son (just turned 2) last year at the Maryland Renaissance Festival in a huge crowd getting lunch and it was the scariest five minutes of my life. At least at Disney they could scan a magic band to look for a lost child, but it is a fear of mine and a worry about the counter service, especially on what will be a very busy day at MK (a non-party Monday).

We go to the MD Ren Fest every year.

Not sure if this would help anyone... For anyone staying at universal hotel, their annual pass rates are out all the way until mid to late December... Maybe @JamieOak ... I think someone else was staying at RPR too but can't seem to remember who. I saved more than a hundred even taking in consideration the cost of upgrading to annual passes. :cool1:

Thought it might be fun to see how folks are divvying up their time at the parks for our upcoming trips. :D How is your balance of park days shaping up? Ours is looking like this:

MK: 3 days
EP: 1-1/2 days
AK: 1-1/2 days
HS: 1 day (plus a couple of hours)
DS: 1/2 day
Resort: 1 day (this is two 1/2 days)

Let's see
MK- 4 days
EP- 1.5
AK- 1
DHS - 1
And MVMCP, EP- 2 night just for Illuminations (on MK party nights), DHS for SW dessert, and hopefully one evening for ROL.
.... and 1/2 rest DS... then we can rest at home.

Thoughts...

Due to flight prices, we are arriving November 25th and staying offsite until the 27th, when we check in at the Cabins. We are currently staying at the Doubletree and renting a car. Today, I was stalking, I mean looking at the Disney site, and I found All Star Music suite for $30 more than the offsite and rental car. Should we change our ressie? I am just really unsure :)

I concur with @Candycane83

Thank you for your reply @Candycane83, I don't know enough about the counter service at MK to know if we would should try it. I'm nervous about the whole managing kids in crowds with trays of foods to find tables. We lost my son (just turned 2) last year at the Maryland Renaissance Festival in a huge crowd getting lunch and it was the scariest five minutes of my life. At least at Disney they could scan a magic band to look for a lost child, but it is a fear of mine and a worry about the counter service, especially on what will be a very busy day at MK (a non-party Monday).

We lost my son in Disney wheb he was 2. We were online to meet Princesses (when there was still a toon town). I turned for a minute and he was gone. I was in utter panic! The CM was very very very calm. He reassured me that he was not really lost. My mom stayed online with DD while the CM and I went looking. Sure enough he was right outside looking at something, happy as could be. The CM then said... ' it was not your son that was lost it was you'

I do actually have a BOG still that I booked before I was able to find a dinner... but it's not an ideal time. It's 12/5 910AM for 6. If anyone would like it just let me know :) @BDFmom you're looking for a ppo right?

Nope... I'm looking for dinner that night. But no worries I have a backup for 12/2.

Ohhh--I'm so glad you mentioned this! I really need to get up to speed about all that is offered in each country at Epcot, but we are so looking forward to our dedicated WS day! We'll spend varying amounts of time in each country, but France is a biggie for us. My son is taking French in school and he is very enthusiastic about France. Japan is the other big focus simply because my daughter is obsessed with that culture. I've read about the Chinese acrobats and Japanese drummers. I loved @Candycane83's idea (think it was yours!) about a picture with each Santa in each country!! :santa: I just learned about a hedge maze in the UK recently (I think geared for little kids though?--@Candycane83 that might be good for your little guy maybe?). So much to get up to speed on in Epcot, but we sure are excited about it!!

I'm curious...does anyone have a favorite spot for viewing IllumiNations?

We really enjoy the storytellers at holiday time as well as the movies in France, Canada, and China plus the boat ride in Mexico and the American Adventure show. We also like walking around the different countries taking everything in and looking in the shops. Of course we also have our favorite restaurants we have either lunch or dinner such as LC, Chefs, and Tutto.

No problem!

I know this has probably been repeated numerous times, but what is everyone's plan for a party day, leading up to MVMCP? The reason I ask, is because I'm struggling with the idea of going to Animal Kingdom prior to Magic Kingdom that night. Perhaps it would be best to either go to Disney Springs or just hang around AKL until it's time to go? Maybe pool time if the weather is right? Thinking out loud here, but also looking to see what each of you has planned! TYVM!

We will be at MK all day on 12/8. We have an early CP breakfast. We will do CS for lunch and then BOG for an early dinner before the party.

Thanks very much @Wood Nymph! We have not seen IllumiNations before and are so excited about it. Might try for the 4th FP! :thumbsup2 And duly noted about Safari timing--thanks again!

@SilSprBea Can't even imagine how scary that situation was with your son--so sorry that happened! When we went with our 18-month and 4-year-old, one parent pretty much managed the kids and the other managed the food, which is a balancing act either way! lol Or, we kept them in the strollers so they couldn't wander! I had a dream the other night that I could not find my kids at Disney. Even at their ages now (14, 17) I couldn't go back to sleep until I went to check to make sure they were sleeping soundly in their beds. :)

You may want to double check the Illuminations FP. I feel like I just read a couple of days ago that they are no longer doing FP for the fireworks; the viewing space is now for the Illuminations Dessert Party. But, take that with a grain of salt as I'm on information overload today. LOL

MK - 2 days (both close early for parties) and a few hours midweek for nighttime stuff with a bajillion others I'm sure...
DHS - 1.5 days
EP - 1.5 days
AK - 1 day

And a full no park day at the beginning. I'd rather have a break in the middle but I don't want to spend a 9/10 crowd level day in the park in exchange for a 4/5 level. Haha

Thoughts...

Due to flight prices, we are arriving November 25th and staying offsite until the 27th, when we check in at the Cabins. We are currently staying at the Doubletree and renting a car. Today, I was stalking, I mean looking at the Disney site, and I found All Star Music suite for $30 more than the offsite and rental car. Should we change our ressie? I am just really unsure :)

Did you plan on using the car for anything other than going back and forth from the Doubletree? Were you going to need it for a grocery run?

If you weren't going to use it for anything but back and forth to the Doubletree, I'd definitely switch to the ASM suite.

If you needed the car for a grocery run if you planned on cooking while at the Cabins, you could call a taxi or Uber to take you to and from the grocery. So that would probably add a bit to your extra cost.

Tonight I am planning on starting my trip binder! This is something that I've wanted to do for awhile now, and I think with our current confirmations, it's a good time to start. I will take pictures when it's complete (hoping by tomorrow evening or Thursday morning). I find it's a nice way to keep all of our information together in a safe place in case our phones aren't working, computers down, etc. This is also a fun way to pass time!

Can I ask for your opinions on something? My husband has had enough of my planning since we've had quite a few changes this past week...so I hoped you all could help me with some thoughts :rolleyes:

We have one Epcot day right now. I love Epcot. I actually think it's safe to say it's my favorite park. I am nervous we won't get "through the ws" in one afternoon... We have ppo breakfast, plus the kids will love the front half of the park, and we have a 445 biergarten, then likely home.
My husband suggested we go to Epcot on a half day before the mvmcp. I think it's great!! I will not feel anxious about not getting through ws in that one day. Plus, on the half day we can really enjoy taking our time going through just the ws.

The problem is that I am not sure how this will work out for the girls. I don't know if they'll be too tired for the mvmcp. The thing is, at least with Epcot they can just ride in strollers and really not do too too much in the ws....if we stay at the hotel, they'd want to swim all day, and swimming always means complete exhaustion!!!

I know all families are different, but wwyd?
Have any of you done parks before parties with kids?
Could we do the park in one day? I haven't been there in years and the whole front seems so different. I have no Idea how long it will take there. I have to say that we are likely not going to do soarin or test track.

Can I ask for your opinions on something? My husband has had enough of my planning since we've had quite a few changes this past week...so I knew you all could help me with some thoughts :rolleyes:

We have one Epcot day right now. I love Epcot. I actually think it's safe to say it's my favorite park. I am nervous we won't get "through the ws" in one afternoon... We have ppo breakfast, plus the kids will love the front half of the park, and we have a 445 biergarten, then likely home.
My husband suggested we go to Epcot on a half day before the mvmcp. I think it's great!! I will not feel anxious about not getting through ws in that one day. Plus, on the half day we can really enjoy taking our time going through just the ws.

The problem is that I am not sure how this will work out for the girls. I don't know if they'll be too tired for the mvmcp. The thing is, at least with Epcot they can just ride in strollers and really not do too too much in the ws....if we stay at the hotel, they'd want to swim all day, and swimming always means complete exhaustion!!!

Could we do the park in one day? I haven't been there in years and the whole front seems so different. I have no Idea how long it will take there. I have to say that we are likely not going to do soarin or test track.
12/8 is Epcot AM EMH. I considered this too because of this but opted for a late MK night instead. I think you could go for EMH in the morning, go back to the resort to rest and go to the party after. It might be too tiring if your girls do not settle for a rest in the afternoon though.

Can I ask for your opinions on something? My husband has had enough of my planning since we've had quite a few changes this past week...so I hoped you all could help me with some thoughts :rolleyes:

Would your girls be interested in the kidcot stations in the different pavilions?

12/8 is Epcot AM EMH. I considered this too because of this but opted for a late MK night instead. I think you could go for EMH in the morning, go back to the resort to rest and go to the party after. It might be too tiring if your girls do not settle for a rest in the afternoon though.

But World Showcase wouldn't be open, right? I was thinking, with the exception of Norway, nothing is really open until 11, even on AM emh days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter