1st Trip as Mommy & Daddy! Celebrating DSs 1st Bday Nov 11-UPDATE 11/13 TR LINK!

I think generally the rule is 1 year or first tooth. However, DS's teeth started coming in around his 9 month well visit with his ped. She said as long as he didn't have a mouthful of teeth already, we could wait until he turned one. He only has 4 on top and 2 on bottom right now, she said she recently saw a 6 month old with 8 or 10 teeth already!! So I would just check with his ped and see what he/she recommends. :thumbsup2 I don't know about the ped dentists in your area, but I just called to make the appointment a couple of weeks ago, and he is a pretty popular ped dentist. Don't stress yourself out too much about it!

Hopefully the NYOP works out well for y'all. I was surprised at what a good deal we were able to get! One of my biggest concerns with doing it is that you don't know what rental car company you are getting, and I was worried about ending up with on that wasn't in-terminal. But as DH was looking through all of it, he said the only companies that do the NYOP on Priceline are in-terminal! So that is one less stress to have to worry about there. I wasn't looking forward to putting the three of us, all our luggage, and the carseat & stroller on a shuttle bus just to get to the rental car counter!!

hmm, Alex had at least 4 teeth at his 9 month visit. He now has 8 at 10 1/2 months. My Ped didn't say anything about going to the dentist. I'll definitely be asking about it at his 12 month visit unless we wind up back for something else but hopefully we won't.

We're not flying down so terminal or no terminal doesn't bother me but it's good to know that if we do the NYOP we'll have to pick the car up at the Atlanta airport. Glad it's working out so well for y'all. I kwym about trying to lug all that stuff onto a shuttle bus. Definitely doesn't sound like fun at all! I don't want to try and fit us, luggage, stroller and souvies into my 4 door accord which is why I want to rent a van. I'll be looking into it more towards the end of November when I have the $ to book.

Just a few days now!!! I'm glad you were able to get the same room for the entire stay. That wouldn't have been much fun to have to move in the middle of vacation.

On the dental subject... DS is 21 months and hasn't been to the dentist. Our ped has told us not to worry about. DW works for an orthodontist and she isn't concerned about it and I tend to leave the worrying to her anyway. :lmao: She has taken him to the dentist with her on one of her visits before and just had him look in DS's mouth just to get him somewhat accustomed to the process of a dentist visit.

Just a few days now!!! I'm glad you were able to get the same room for the entire stay. That wouldn't have been much fun to have to move in the middle of vacation.

On the dental subject... DS is 21 months and hasn't been to the dentist. Our ped has told us not to worry about. DW works for an orthodontist and she isn't concerned about it and I tend to leave the worrying to her anyway. :lmao: She has taken him to the dentist with her on one of her visits before and just had him look in DS's mouth just to get him somewhat accustomed to the process of a dentist visit.

I think that is probably a big part of it, just getting them used to seeing the dentist regularly. They just kind of brushed his teeth & had the dentist look at them to make sure there were no obvious problems. No big deal. I'm sure he'd have been fine waiting until he was older & had more teeth before going. I more just wanted to have us both in the routine of taking him to the dentist & getting established somewhere. :)

ok now I don't feel so bad for not taking my 10 month old :goodvibes our pedi didn't make a big deal about the dentist or how many teeth my DS has at this point either at his 9 month check up. But I suppose we do need to start thinking about it. :idea:

Well, it's finally here, we are leaving TOMORROW!!!

We have everything packed & ready to go. Paxton should go down for his morning nap in a bit, and we can get all the luggage into the car. It will be quite a feat since we have the stroller, and had to give in & bring a 3rd suitcase (we tried valiantly to fit everything into 2!), 2 backpacks, a camera bag, and our overnight bag for our night at my mom's tonight. She is kind enough to watch our cat for the week, and take the 3 of us and all our stuff to the airport in the morning. We would have had a lot more room had we taken DH's truck, but it's pretty big and we were worried about leaving it in my mom's driveway and them having to park around it. So we will be cramming all of that, plus ourselves, into my small Honda Civic. :scared1: Hopefully we can make it work!!

Just checked in for our flight! Still keeping our fingers crossed that the flight will not be full & Paxton can get a free seat with his car seat. I'm not going to lie, I'm very nervous about flying with him for the first time, but hopefully it won't be too bad!

Since it will be awhile before I get to post again and I will want to jump into the TR, I thought I'd take a minute just to post a couple of pics from the past week. October 24th was Paxton's actual birthday, so we went to the Pumpkin Patch & got some very cute pics! Also, we got some great shots of him on Halloween in his lion costume. It was his 2nd Halloween, but his first year to trick-or-treat. He didn't seem too impressed by it, but he did enjoy grabbing candy from the buckets when people allowed him too. :laughing:

Pumpkin Patch

IMG_7285.jpg

IMG_7298.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

IMG_7317.jpg

IMG_7354.jpg

Halloween​

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

376949_1920052861275_1840678306_1390899_944479805_n.jpg

Trick-or-treating was quite the ordeal! I knew it was a big deal in our neighborhood and a ton of people come from all over to ToT there, but I had no idea how crazy it could get!! We went to my friend's house who also lives in my subdivision a few streets over and made our way down each street until we got back to my area. Her husband had a trailer that they loaded all of the older kids in our group (all 12 of them!!) and he would drive down to a spot, unload the kids, and they would go around to all of the houses on that street. ToT'ing was from 6-8, and it looked like Bourbon St. on a Saturday night except that almost everyone was only waist-height!! :rotfl: Tons of people everywhere in the streets & on the sidewalks. Luckily our end of our street wasn't too crazy so even though we called it quits a little before 8, we were able to put Paxton to sleep without too much noise going on outside his window. We all had a great time & I'm actually looking forward to Halloween next year! Never been much of a Halloween fan, but it was a lot of fun with DS along. :thumbsup2

Okay, so that's it until I come back, I guess!!! I couldn't be more excited if I tried! In 24 hours, we'll be on the plane! So my next post should be the TR link. :thumbsup2 See y'all then!!

Thanks for sharing the pix! Have a great trip, and I will be looking forward to your TR when we get back.

I realize I am VERY late. I have lots of catching up to do! Our son will be 7 months old when we take him to WDW, so I am anxious to hear how your trip goes. HAVE FUN!

great pictures!! Love the costume too. We almost got the same one for Alex. I hope you guys have a safe and wonderful trip! :goodvibes

Just checking in with this PTR to let y'all know we are having a GREAT time at Disney World!! Paxton has been a dream WDW traveler with only a few minor meltdowns. He has been very go with the flow, and has been flirting and making friends every where we go. I've been doing my best to take good notes so that I can have a very thorough TR when we get home. :thumbsup2 Today is unfortunately our last full day in the parks. We spent the morning at DHS and are enjoying some downtime at the resort right now before we head back to MK this evening. We're hoping DS can make it a little later than we have been this week so that we can see the MSEP and Wishes tonight. Fingers crossed!

So glad to hear that everything is going smoothly! Enjoy your last day and we'll all be right here waiting when you get back, ready to read about your adventures!

I hope you guys get to see MSEP and Wishes, I bet Paxton would really love the parade. :lovestruc

So glad you all are having fun, cant wait for all the details! Hopefully you will get to see the fireworks and everything:thumbsup2

I'm glad the trip is going well! I hope Paxton has the same plans for this evening as you! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter