1st time Disney cruiser with questions about booking excursions

holden

DIS Veteran
Hi all! We are doing our first Disney cruise (have done RCCL before) in June and I have a few questions:

1. On our 75th day at 12am, can I book excursions and do check in online? If there are problems with the website, can I call to do it on the phone or do I need to wait until 7am (or some other morning hour)?

2. I understand that Disney assigns boarding time? That's something we aren't used to with RCCL. We are usually on the ship by 12pm at the latest. Is our boarding time determined by when we check in online?

3. I tried to register my children online (I assume it's for the kids club), but I keep getting an error message. Is this because I am not yet at my 75 day window?

4. What time will we be able to get into our cabin? I think on RCCL it's 2pm.

Thanks for any and all help!

1. Yes
2. Three hours after your excursion booking window opens, you can go through the online check-in process. At the end of this process you choose a boarding time from the available times.
3. I believe his is also limited to your booking window. But don't worry - DCL takes care to not overbook kids on cruises. There will always be room in the clubs for kids onboard.

Technically, you do not choose a boarding time when you check-in on-line.

Instead, you choose a port arrival time (30 minutes increments starting at 11:00 am).

Based on your port arrival time, a boarding number will be provided to you when you arrive at the port (or check-in for the bus at MCO). So yes, your port arrival time does affect your boarding number and when you can get on the ship. As a new cruiser, any repeat guest will have had the opportunity to select a port-arrival time prior to you. That said, I have heard that even on the new ships, that new cruisers often get an 11:30 or noon port arrival time.

If you do not get an early port-arrival time, there is the chance that you may have a higher boarding number even if you arrive at the port early.

You should be able to get into your room around 1:30 pm give or take (at least that is how it was on our last cruise).

Thanks so much for your replies. That does ease my mind a bit. I really appreciate it!

Hi all! We are doing our first Disney cruise (have done RCCL before) in June and I have a few questions:

1. On our 75th day at 12am, can I book excursions and do check in online? If there are problems with the website, can I call to do it on the phone or do I need to wait until 7am (or some other morning hour)?

The excursion window opens at midnight the night/day it becomes your 75 days out. Check in starts at 3:00 am, same morning. If you can't get in right away, you keep trying, it has to be done online.

2. I understand that Disney assigns boarding time? That's something we aren't used to with RCCL. We are usually on the ship by 12pm at the latest. Is our boarding time determined by when we check in online?

When you do your online check in, one of the things you will do is select a Port Arrival Time. Your Port Arrival Time is tied to the actual boarding number you will receive when you check in at the port.

3. I tried to register my children online (I assume it's for the kids club), but I keep getting an error message. Is this because I am not yet at my 75 day window?

Yes

4. What time will we be able to get into our cabin? I think on RCCL it's 2pm.

The rooms are generally available at 1:30. Rarely, not until 2:00.

Thanks for any and all help!

See my answers in bold font (can't seem to do colors anymore :confused3 )

:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!