1st time at Beach Club-have a couple of questions

Vijoge

Seeing the World through their eyes. . .
We're staying in a BC studio lock off in December with our granddaughters. I know space is going to be at a premium, unlike the one bedroom at AKL on our last trip. Looking at the resort map, the diagram seems to indicate some of the studios are larger than others. Is there actually a size difference or is that just an illusion on the map?

Also, do any of the studio lock offs have a full size balcony?

Any insight appreciated. Thanks

I don't have any answers for you, but I'm hoping to stay there in September/October and I'd also be interested to know where the best balconies are!

We were in a studio last week and my folks were down the hall in a studio of their own. There's was an ADA-accommodating room. It felt a good deal larger, especially their balcony. I can't tell if that was true for all of the studios around them or only their studio. In any event, there was a gap in room size.

(unrelated comment: I was underwhelmed with the retheme. I'm not sure exactly how to better incorporate theming at Beach Club -- Disney has already used The Little Mermaid at AoA and they don't like to reuse themes -- but the finishes weren't flashy (like at RIV) or exceptionally themed (like at Poly or AKL). BC is still abundantly worth it between SAB and the location, and the dining was much better than expected.)

We were in a studio last week and my folks were down the hall in a studio of their own. There's was an ADA-accommodating room. It felt a good deal larger, especially their balcony. I can't tell if that was true for all of the studios around them or only their studio. In any event, there was a gap in room size.

(unrelated comment: I was underwhelmed with the retheme. I'm not sure exactly how to better incorporate theming at Beach Club -- Disney has already used The Little Mermaid at AoA and they don't like to reuse themes -- but the finishes weren't flashy (like at RIV) or exceptionally themed (like at Poly or AKL). BC is still abundantly worth it between SAB and the location, and the dining was much better than expected.)
May I ask where the dining was located that was much better than expected? Thanks.

Beach Club Marketplace was solid. I had expected it to be bad. My daughter and my mom each had one of the mac and cheeses, and they were both good. I'm a sucker for an Italian sandwich, and that landed, too. The Caprese was good. The clam chowder was really good. Pretty solid across the board.

It was a bummer that Hurricane Hanna's didn't have the grill going, but the salads and seafood roll were all surprisingly good.

The grilled chicken panini at the Market at Ale and Compass was great. The turkey and brie was a letdown for my wife, but the veggie sandwich was good and they had a Freestyle. The Freestyle was a huge win for those of us spending all day at SAB.

Finally, Boardwalk Bakery was about six minutes away on foot. And they had a hoagie. I was done.

I was most excited for dining at Riv, and the options there didn't disappoint. Everything was great. But BC had really solid options nearby. From what I understand, the options are much stronger for table service, but that's not really how we travel so I can't help there.

I didn't actually know they'd rethemed BCV! :) When was this?

We won't be in an ADA room, but I'd love to find a decent sized balcony.

Not sure of studio room sizes but request a room facing Epcot (which is in the back facing trees) on a high floor you can see the ball and fireworks if they start them by the time you go

I didn't actually know they'd rethemed BCV! :) When was this?

We won't be in an ADA room, but I'd love to find a decent sized balcony.

Reminder that if the number of ADA rooms exceeds the number of people who request one, you can get put in an ADA room even if you don't want or need it.

I don't have any answers for you, but I'm hoping to stay there in September/October and I'd also be interested to know where the best balconies are!
If you haven’t got BCV room reservations by now - you may be out of luck for Sept/Oct no matter what the room size...or are you talking about the hotel side or next year...

We're staying in a BC studio lock off in December with our granddaughters. I know space is going to be at a premium, unlike the one bedroom at AKL on our last trip. Looking at the resort map, the diagram seems to indicate some of the studios are larger than others. Is there actually a size difference or is that just an illusion on the map?

Also, do any of the studio lock offs have a full size balcony?

Any insight appreciated. Thanks
Lock-offs are only available for 2 bedroom units at BCV, there is only one type of studio. In the past I have googled "best room at (insert resort name here)" and have found information on good rooms to request. You might be able to find out the answer to your question as far as the balcony, they really vary at this resort, some are huge and some are barely the size of 2 chairs.
I also agree with the post above that the re-theme is disappointing, we were there in Nov, but we still found it worth it to stay at BCV for the other perks.

If you haven’t got BCV room reservations by now - you may be out of luck for Sept/Oct no matter what the room size...or are you talking about the hotel side or next year...

I'm talking about DVC this year. We made our reservations months ago and have a studio for a few days, a few days at AKV, then a week in a bedroom. :) I said 'hoping' as we're in the UK and have no idea if/when we'll be allowed in the country!

It will be our first time staying at BCV. We need 3 rooms (1 studio and 2 1 bedrooms). I'd like to get them all in a row (for example rooms: 473, 471, 469) Can anyone explain what a 'Dedicated room' means?

It will be our first time staying at BCV. We need 3 rooms (1 studio and 2 1 bedrooms). I'd like to get them all in a row (for example rooms: 473, 471, 469) Can anyone explain what a 'Dedicated room' means?
A dedicated room doesn’t have a connecting interior door to the next villa, so it’s a standalone - there are dedicated villas in alll three sizes. OTOH, a 1BR and studio can connect to form a 2BR lockoff. There’s only one door to the hallway - the studio doesn’t have its own door.

A dedicated room doesn’t have a connecting interior door to the next villa, so it’s a standalone - there are dedicated villas in alll three sizes. OTOH, a 1BR and studio can connect to form a 2BR lockoff. There’s only one door to the hallway - the studio doesn’t have its own door.
Thank you! So for our situation (traveling with my parents-1br, brother & gf- studio and us - 1br) I just want three rooms next to each and I don't care if any have interior doors. It might be nice, but definitely not necessary.

Thank you! So for our situation (traveling with my parents-1br, brother & gf- studio and us - 1br) I just want three rooms next to each and I don't care if any have interior doors. It might be nice, but definitely not necessary.
Since you will have 3 separate villas, you need to request that a “traveling with” notation be placed on all three reservations. If booked on DVC points, you or the DVC owner need to chat, email or call MS. If booked via Disney for cash, the reservations people can do it. In any case, you give them all three confirmation numbers and ask for the “traveling with” to be noted. The room assigners will then know to put you as close together as possible.

Since you will have 3 separate villas, you need to request that a “traveling with” notation be placed on all three reservations. If booked on DVC points, you or the DVC owner need to chat, email or call MS. If booked via Disney for cash, the reservations people can do it. In any case, you give them all three confirmation numbers and ask for the “traveling with” to be noted. The room assigners will then know to put you as close together as possible.
I will definitely do this. Thank you for the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter