1st time @ Animal Kingdom Lodge !!

Random thoughts
When you check in try to get a lower level room. Too high and the tops of the trees will prevent you from looking further down the savannah. Mid level floors have a clear view across the savannah.
One night you should try the night time animal viewing, the resort provides night vision goggles.
Eat at Boma. The selection of South African wines is awesome.
Way too many things to list out when you are typing on an iPhone key pad, just know it is an amazing resort and the walk between Kidani and Jambo is not as bad as some people make it out to be

Tell me all about it ... Booked savannah view :) Thanks ~~

Best location in the house. We loved staying at AKL, getting up early in the morning and sitting on the balcony watching the animals.

me too! booked a savannah view. it will be my first time at AKL too in 46 days!!! im excited! can you request a mid level room? or mid level floor i should say

Our favorite resort! Take time to watch the animals from your balcony and from the resort viewing areas. Explore the resort, which is filled with African art. When it's cool in the evening, spend some time sitting around the fire outside. Eat zebra domes, either at Boma or at Mara. Just relax for a little bit in the lobby, which is filled with comfortable furniture and a lovely smell. It's stunning.

this is our favorite resort---plan to spend some time there enjoying the resort.

be sure to eat dinner at boma. they have african flavors but general "american" food too

at night you can use their night vision goggles to view the animals.

they have lots of activites at the resort---jewelry making for about $15 for 13 yrs and up, a free boma and other restaurnat tour, face paint at the mara quick service restaurnat, arts and crafts, etc....most activites are free...they will give you a schedule of activity events when you check in

we like to go to jiko ( the more expensive restaurant at jambo house ) and just order appetizers and small plates and the bill for 2 adults is under $40

they have tons of art all over the resort....

the pools at both sections of the resort...Jambo House and Kidani Village...you can take the bus btwn the 2 sections of the resort OR the walk is about 10 mins...the kidani pool has an interactive "water feature" for the kids

hav fun---we leave in about 55 days---ahhh!! cant wait!! :cloud9:

All I can tell you is that AKL was the first resort on WDW property that we felt "at home" at the moment we walked in. :lovestruc We loved how exotic it was. the grand architecture, the artwork everywhere, the animals of course. ;) We like to feel like we are entirely in a different "world" when we are on vacation. A little trip to "Africa" on our own soil is a perfect recipe. A Savannah room is the way to go for sure! I hpe you feel the same way we did. When we deicede to buy into DVC, there was no question for us as to what resort we were going to buy into first. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter