1st Solo Trip - Mar '02 - Golf

esulerzy

Mouseketeer
I am taking my first ever solo trip in March 2002 and can't wait!

I usually go every December with my twin sister for a week on Disney's Golf Getaway Package (or whatever they are calling now). She doesn't like to see the shows (Cirque de Soleil) or films (World Showcase) like I do so I decided to plan an extra trip just for me.

I don't really have a concern about riding rides by myself or eating by myself, etc. because I have traveled alot on business trips. However, I am somewhat apprehensive about booking a tee time and potentially playing golf by myself or being paired with REALLY great golfers. Although I have played by myself on local courses, doing so at Disney is intimidating to me! I am an avid, beginning golfer (18-hole average is 110) and would not want to "slow" down any scratch golfers!

Any solos out there that go to Disney and play a round of golf? Anyone going March 7-11, 2002 that would like a playing partner?

I'll keep it in mind. I don't have a trip planned at that time but I might be planning one soon. There is another DIS get together that we are trying to get planned that would be about that same time, I think. If it does workout, I'll be staying longer than the planned meet and would probably overlap with you.

I understand how you feel about that. I don't call myself a golfer but I enjoy the game. I too feel uncomfortable about going out alone and being matched with others and have my game frustrate theirs and in true frustrate mine even more. I don't think that they ask for skill levels when they book tee times but you might ask them if they could find someone of your own skill level to put you with, if you can be open to when you tee off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter