1st ever WDW trip and cruise Help

mamo-4-wdw

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disn
Both of my DS and I will be going on our very first cruise ever in Nov 2004. The boys decided on the 7-day Western Cruise on Disney Magic. I need all and any sugestions. I haven't even gotten to the book store to get a guide. My oldest son will be 23 and the youngest will be 14. Do I need a travel agent? The one in our hometown is not very Disney aware. Should we get two cheapper rooms or one with a verandah? How much would you suggest for on board spending? We are planning on a week at WDW (our first time) and then getting a limo from Port Orleans Riverside to the ship,when should we leave? Help!!! :confused:

:earsgirl: CE :wave2: Jon :tongue: Sean

To teach is to learn twice.

Oh y'all are gonna have sooo much fun!!!!!!!!
I would recommend the DCL Passporter. You can buy it online from their website http://passporter.com/

I use www.micdan.com and I deal with Dana. The company is called cruiseplanners. I have booked through cruises thru her with nothing but wonderful service! Alot of people on the boards use Dreams Unlimited, they sponsor these boards and also www.allseastravel.com. Good luck! These boards are very informative and ADDICTING!

I second micdan.com via Dana. Seems very knowledgeable about DCL and is very glad to help you out. When I told her it was our first cruise, she just started giving me tips. I felt like I was talking to an old friend. Very good about getting back to me quickly when I email or phone with a question.

Lori P. :)

Dana is great, isn't she? Very friendly and knowledgeable. ! She has always been able to beat any price I get. I am eyeing a 4 day Wonder that allseas is showing for $764 for a cat 11. I am going to give her a holler tommorrow and hopefully she can beat that!

You will have a great time. My preference for a 7 day cruise is to have a veranda. We got the navigator veranda for our cruise and I loved sitting out there watching the water. We only had a port hole when we did the 4 day but it got somewhat tight. I believe Disney does transfers from the resorts to the ship and they have very nice busses.

:wave:

Amanda dzneprincess, keep us posted if Dana was able to get you a better price than Allseasontravel. My wife and I are booked on 9-26 4 day in a cat 10 at $865. Let me know. Thanks alot........:wave2:

Mamo, you will have a totally wonderful time at wdw and on the cruise. I think taking a limo or even a town car to keep cost down a bit is a great idea. I have found allseasonstravel to have the best deals and a very informative website.

and have been in contact with Dana. She has quoted us $787 each for a 7 night Land and Sea vacation, 3 nights at WDW POFQ and 4 nights on board the Wonder. This includes all taxes and fees, no transfers or flights. Since we're not really sure if we will enjoy a cruise or not, she suggested the Land and Sea vacation. Our itinerary has us arriving at POFQ on Nov 4 and boarding the Wonder on the 7th. Our quote includes a Cat 12 stateroom with a guaranteed comp upgrade if one is available. I believe trip insurance runs around $99/person and is not figured into our quote. Our Land part includes LOS passes for 3 days.
Have a great vacation!

Mamo...you have decisions to make. Read these boards and get the passporter. Check out www.castawayclub.com.

Do you need a TA? No, you don't, but you can save money with one. There's no excuse for a TA to be "not very Disney aware." Disney hold seminars to make TAs "disney aware" and offers them wonderful discounts to visit the parks and do cruises so they have personal experience. SO...if she's not Disney aware, don't use her.

You can also save $ with an agent who does a lot of Disney. Dreams Unilmited, All Seas Travel, Cruise Travel Outlet all do lots of Disney and can save you some money.

For 3 people, you don't need 2 cabins. You pay adult rate on the first 2 people in a cabin. If you get 2 cabins, you will pay full adult fare for 2 in one cabin and a "single supplement" for the other cabin. That's a lot of $. Bunch up and stay "cosy" for the trip. There is a divider between the "living room" section and the "big bed" section. There is a weight limit (I think it's 220 pounds) in the bunk bed, but all rooms have a big bed (really 2 twins pushed together, can be separated), a couch which turns into a NICE twin bed...rooms that sleep 4 also have the bunk bed. Thus, if you can each tolerate a twin sized bed, you'll be fine. You spend very little time in the cabin anyhow.

You can save $ on private trip insurance rather than getting it thru DCL.

A verandah is nice....look at the cost and decide whether you want inside, outside with porthole, or verandah. The verandah can be a pain if your neighbors are heavy smokers and blow their smoke into your verandah! The navagator's verandah is more enclosed, less windy.....

There are really so many options. Get the video (but remember that Dis is only going to tell you about their products), get the passporter, and decide on a budget for the trip. This will help you decide what will be best for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter