1st ever solo trip ever, next week Sept 5-11

jhop321

Earning My Ears
Well, newbie on this forum, but I feel compelled to share how over-the-moon excited I am about my first solo trip to Disney next week. I look at scroll through this forum multiple times every day just to read and glean anything lollll

Staying at Pop Century and gonna start the trip off with a bang with the Boo Bash next Sunday night!

This has kind of been a bucket list thing for something like 30+ years when my family was staying at the Polynesian resort when I was 14 or so. They were all tired and having a non-park day and due to my incessant begging and annoyed boredom, I finally got permission to jump on the monorail and go to the Magic Kingdom by myself that afternoon! :)

It was the most adventurous blissful freedom and delight I had ever had in my life at that point. I think my parents have no idea how those Disney trips and that day in particular sparked my love of solo adventure traveling all around the world as an adult . . .

Have a terrific time! Stories like yours inspire Me to want to do the same. Wonder how DH would feel about being left behind?

It's a great time to go.

Love the story about getting permission to jump on the monorail and go to the Magic Kingdom when you were a kid.

:welcome:
Have a great time and report back with your experience - we'd love to hear about it!

You’ve Excited Me for YOU, lol. I hope you ll jump back on and let us know all about your visit. Loved hearing your childhood story. Have a Magical Time!

I will also be there for a couple of days next week so I share your excitement!
Going for the F&W festival mainly.
Have a GREAT time.......solo trips are really fun. :earboy2:

We arrive next week as well! I did a solo trip a few Septembers ago and it was amazing. The first morning I felt a little odd being in the parks by myself, but I got over that quickly and loved the freedom I had to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Enjoy!!

Thanks all for the kind words. Yep -two more days lol. I swear I'm mentally regressing to my 14-year-old self in anticipation🤣😂.

I was telling my sister and brother about my trip the other day and they told me that as they were rolling, laughing about my excitement over such things like my pre-park opening breakfast reservation INN Cinderella's Castle on the MK day, and going Savi's to build a lightsaber all by myself ,lolol 😋

Well, newbie on this forum, but I feel compelled to share how over-the-moon excited I am about my first solo trip to Disney next week. I look at scroll through this forum multiple times every day just to read and glean anything lollll

Staying at Pop Century and gonna start the trip off with a bang with the Boo Bash next Sunday night!

This has kind of been a bucket list thing for something like 30+ years when my family was staying at the Polynesian resort when I was 14 or so. They were all tired and having a non-park day and due to my incessant begging and annoyed boredom, I finally got permission to jump on the monorail and go to the Magic Kingdom by myself that afternoon! :)

It was the most adventurous blissful freedom and delight I had ever had in my life at that point. I think my parents have no idea how those Disney trips and that day in particular sparked my love of solo adventure traveling all around the world as an adult . . .

You reminded me how one of my favorite parts of my very first solo trip was riding the monorail. It was mid-May, and by early afternoon, I was kind of hot and tired. So I got on the monorail, sat in the corner where I could lean my head, and just rode and rode. It was cooler, and I decided that I'd get off whenever[?]. Finally I got off at the Grand Floridian, got a drink, rested in the lobby in a big chair until I was refreshed.

You reminded me how one of my favorite parts of my very first solo trip was riding the monorail. It was mid-May, and by early afternoon, I was kind of hot and tired. So I got on the monorail, sat in the corner where I could lean my head, and just rode and rode. It was cooler, and I decided that I'd get off whenever[?]. Finally I got off at the Grand Floridian, got a drink, rested in the lobby in a big chair until I was refreshed.
Loll that's the best! Perfect example of the random solo stuff I love when traveling by myself. Spontaneous decisions, like I'm not gonna stand up cause I'm not ready too😂

We will be there 9/6-11 so same time. I envy you. I usually do at least one solo trip a year, I was there solo in April. This trip will be with my son, his SO and their baby so it will be totally different. I've been going with my son since he was just shy of 3 so we have a routine, having another person and a baby is going to really change things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter