1st Day Plan on Wonder - S/O

abbyar

Mouseketeer
The thread about taking advantage of the AquaDuck on Dream made me ponder... what's the best thing to do when boarding the Wonder? We're sailing on our first cruise in December, EB Panama Canal for 15 days! Our LOs will be 3 and 5, and are total pool rats. Should we plan for the 1 pm tour? Eat lunch and swim before then? What do you do?

The thread about taking advantage of the AquaDuck on Dream made me ponder... what's the best thing to do when boarding the Wonder? We're sailing on our first cruise in December, EB Panama Canal for 15 days! Our LOs will be 3 and 5, and are total pool rats. Should we plan for the 1 pm tour? Eat lunch and swim before then? What do you do?

if i were you i wouldn't worry about it all that much - you're going to be on that ship for 2 weeks!!!! not exactly the same as 3 days on a very crowded disney dream...

the first thing we did when we boarded the wonder was head for lunch as we were STARVING!! plus we had our carry on luggage with us, so we didn't want to do anything until we were able to put it all in our room...
so first to lunch, then to our room to get rid of the carry ons..

i can't remember, but i think after getting ride of our bags, we did go on the ship tour.....
or maybe not? maybe we went to the kids club to check it out, and then toured the ship on our own? i can't remember..
i do remember going to the spa to get a tour there...

anyway, you'll be on the ship for 2 weeks....lots of time to explore everything!!!!

If they are swim rats lol, then I would have them in their swimsuits and cover ups, sunscreened and ready to go. when u board head straight to the pool. if you are traveling with a spouse u can send them for some treats from the sail away buffet. I don't think the tour is necessary if you study the ship plan before hand and make a little cheat sheet ( I use to write the name of the location and the deck number on a little piece of paper along with whether the location was port or aft and stick it in my lanyard for a quick reference. Happy happy cruising htp:goodvibes

Skip the ship tour. Lunch and then hit the water....If it is 1:30, you can drop the carry ons in the room before you hit the pools.

I agree with kcashner and disagree with DreamCruiser100. The Wonder is small enough that you don't need the tour; you'll know it inside and out by day 3. But the kids need structure and discipline - for your sanity as well as their own well being - so I agree with having lunch before letting them attack the pool.

The standard advice is to have the kids wear bathing suits under their clothes. After lunch the clothes can come off and sunscreen can go on. Pull them out of the pool at 3; it will be closed within 15 minutes so they won't miss much. Go to your stateroom to collect and unpack luggage as the kids put clothes back on before the muster drill and sail away party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!