1st day of Ice Castle Lights????

kerri0616

DIS Veteran
Sorry...can't remember the exact name of it. When do the ice lights on Cinderella Castle first get switched on? Is it before Thanksgiving? After?

Thanks all!

Kerri

DH & I were there Nov 12 - 19th of 2007. IIRC, they were turned on Nov. 17th. It was a day or so before we left.

ETA: I looked at a 2007 calendar, make that the 15th or 16th that they turned on the ice castle lights. They were beautiful!

The first MVMCP will be on November 10th. In all the information I've seen about the party, the lights are on during the party, but I don't know that for sure. We'll be at that one, so I can let you know when we get back.

Once the "ice lights" are on the castle and lit for MVMCP is it safe to assume that they are also lit on the nights when MVMCP does not take place during November and December?

While I wish they would hold off the lights until sometime close to the actual holiday, I believe Disney cranks them up fairly early in November.

Once the "ice lights" are on the castle and lit for MVMCP is it safe to assume that they are also lit on the nights when MVMCP does not take place during November and December?

In 2007 (and I assume 2008 based on what I have read), yes the lights were on every night regardless of whether there was a party.

They are certainly up by time the MVMCP starts, and are on every night thereafter.

:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter