1982 unused tickets

momma of 2

lovin this mommaing business
Please help, my mother left me a packet from when we went to disney in 1982 in the packet were three 3 day tickets with 1 day unused. Am I correct in thinking that we can still use these tickets (cost of 3 day ticket in 1982....$31.50)

you should be able to as all tickets back then were no expiry. Since that was before they had a biometric scan anyone could use it, you will likely need to see guest relations and get a new ticket issues though since that won't go through the turnstyle

Yes. You can go to any Park (including water park and TTC) Ticket Window or any Park or DTD Guest Relations Office. They will replace the tickets at no charge with current tickets with the same remaining entitlements. If the tickets were hoppers these will be hoppers. Even though DHS and AK did not exist then, the replacement tickets will be good at those parks. Similarly, if RC was included you will get WPF&M entries.

Reading this thread makes me want to buy tickets and put them in a time capsule to give to my kids 30 years from now!

Imagine holding on to them for say 30 or 40 more years, can you imagine how much some collector might pay for them.

Imagine holding on to them for say 30 or 40 more years, can you imagine how much some collector might pay for them.

if you watch ebay old tickets are not all that expensive
once in a while old e tickets will fetch a few bucks but otherwise you can get ol ticket packs for less then 10 bucks shipped

well i have two complete ticket books from the early 70s complete with E tickets...What is your offer for them. :rotfl: <not really for sale>

As said i would get the 80s tickets converted over. The current tickets have a magnetic strip on the back and yours were stamped for each day you went into the park. Gave a great time, the parks have changed a bit since then...

Yes, we did this with our old tickets. You can not use what the ticket is worth towards a new ticket, but you will get a one day ticket with what ever options you had on the old ticket. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!