1900 Park Fare for breakfast and dinner?

OldSchoolReasons

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I couldn't decide between Park Fare for breakfast or dinner so currently have both booked. Are they different enough meals/experiences to warrant two reservations? I know the characters are completely different but is the atmosphere /food too or is it going to be overkill?

The reservations are two days apart not on the same day.

I personally wouldn't do both. They're not that great to warrant two visits, even thou they're both different.

I didnt like the food at dinner. Step-sisters are HILARIOUS thou.
Breakfast was better, but characters were just meh.

I'd pick based on characters and convenience.

We’ve enjoyed both meals. The characters at dinner are awesome and very funny. The food wasn’t the best I’ve had at a Disney buffet. Not terrible, but not great.

Conversely, the characters at breakfast were more subdued. Fun, but no where near the riot at dinner. The food however was awesome. Best breakfast buffet IMO at Disney (except maybe Fresh Mediterranean). Great selection and very tasty. Strawberry soup. :cloud9:

We’ve enjoyed both meals. The characters at dinner are awesome and very funny. The food wasn’t the best I’ve had at a Disney buffet. Not terrible, but not great.

Conversely, the characters at breakfast were more subdued. Fun, but no where near the riot at dinner. The food however was awesome. Best breakfast buffet IMO at Disney (except maybe Fresh Mediterranean). Great selection and very tasty. Strawberry soup. :cloud9:
I disagree, i'd say the best breakfast buffet on property IMO is The Wave. :teeth: For non-character anyway. For a character buffet maybe Cape May.

I see you're getting some varying opinions here, which is to be expected. I went there once for dinner, and it was OK but I haven't been back. I've been there several times for breakfast, as I really like the food, and I prefer that set of characters to the dinner ones. Since you haven't been to either one yet, I think your plan is reasonable to do both meals and find out for yourself if you like either or both.

My teen son loves the character interaction with The Mad Hatter, he’s very animated! It’s one of the few character meals will still do.

I also enjoy the breakfast buffet. It’s not as large as say Boma or Tusker House but they do have some different items like eggs Benedict.

If you’re staying at the GF then I see no reason not to dine there twice. You will enjoy both meals.

I disagree, i'd say the best breakfast buffet on property IMO is The Wave. :teeth: For non-character anyway. For a character buffet maybe Cape May.

I haven’t been to The Wave, but I think I need to try it. :) It sounds outstanding.

Things I enjoyed at 1900 Park (in addition to previously mentioned strawberry soup) were the omelette station, the smoked salmon display, and bananas Foster sauce for Mickey waffles. The fruit salad and sliced tomatoes for the salmon were fresh and perfectly ripe.

It beat the heck out of the food we got at Ohana’s breakfast which looked and tasted like they scooped everything out of the All Stars food court.

Hello,

I couldn't decide between Park Fare for breakfast or dinner so currently have both booked. Are they different enough meals/experiences to warrant two reservations? I know the characters are completely different but is the atmosphere /food too or is it going to be overkill?

I'm a huge fan of this place...Much more though for the breakfast....This actually is a notch about Donalds Tusker House Breakfast IMHO....The food was great the interaction is plentiful, and non stop(Mad Hatter is dynamite)
At night, it was still pretty good. Although the food choices were just above avg. (IMHO but the characters once again) steal the show...The stepsisters are hilarious. I'm sure you'll enjoy both...Have a great time:thumbsup2

Thanks for your responses everyone!

I am not staying at the GF (I wish!) but it is a two week trip so we have enough rest days to not worry about wasting park time. It seems the general consensus is the food is better at breakfast and the character interaction is better at dinner, so I'll be keeping both.

I haven’t been to The Wave, but I think I need to try it. :) It sounds outstanding.

Things I enjoyed at 1900 Park (in addition to previously mentioned strawberry soup) were the omelette station, the smoked salmon display, and bananas Foster sauce for Mickey waffles. The fruit salad and sliced tomatoes for the salmon were fresh and perfectly ripe.

It beat the heck out of the food we got at Ohana’s breakfast which looked and tasted like they scooped everything out of the All Stars food court.
Ya, true about Ohana. Nothing special about the food. I guess I was at 1900 on a bad day. The food didnt impress me for both breakfast and dinner. But, I would like to give dinner another chance thou. Lately there's been a lot of positive reviews. And the step sisters are a riot and my absolute fave.

Thanks for your responses everyone!
It seems the general consensus is the food is better at breakfast and the character interaction is better at dinner, so I'll be keeping both.
As I read it, we have a diversity of opinions on this, rather than a consensus. I much prefer the characters they have at breakfast.

As previous posters have noted the food is good but not great at both. What makes both meals worth doing is the character interaction. The Mad Hatter alone is worth doing the breakfast though. I have loved the dinner since our 2008 trip when my daughter was 7. The stepsisters found out I was a single father and had a fight on who was going to marry my and what boarding school Gwen was going to. She actually believed them for a second and I have some great pictures from that. She finally told them that they weren't Jewish so I could not marry either one. What a hoot.

As I read it, we have a diversity of opinions on this, rather than a consensus. I much prefer the characters they have at breakfast.

Yep you're right - consensus is the wrong word. There are a lot of positive opinions on the stepsisters interactions and the excellent breakfast food. I love Alice, so I feel like I'd be a bit biased towards breakfast myself. Guess I'll find out in a couple of months :)

Hello,

Heck yeah. Why not? Breakfast is different from Dinner. Most people can at least find a few good things on he buffet they like at both, and the character sets are different.

More fans of 1900 Park Fare here. No, eating breakfast and dinner there will not be redundant!

We’ve been for dinner a couple of times. The food is pretty decent, but there are so many good dinner options around WDW that we aren’t drawn back to this dinner often. The step sisters are a hoot!

Breakfast is another story! We do this one often. Who doesn’t like Tigger and Pooh? The Mad Hatter is hilarious, and Alice and Mary are very proper. We haven’t found a better breakfast buffet on property, and we’ve done most of them. The strawberry soup is the best food item in all of WDW, and the rest of the food is way above buffet average.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter