1900 Park Fare Cinderella Dinner Report

MassMom

Mouseketeer
Cinderella Dinner Report

April 2003

Just back from a girls' trip (me and DD, 6.5) - DH and DS (13) took a Disney break this year so it was just the girls! I may or may not get to a full trip report, but I thought I'd post about our Cinderella Dinner at 1900 Park Fare since it was VERY enjoyable and a special part of this trip.

Naturally, circumstances and expectations play a big part in how an experience is ultimately perceived, so here’s the context: it was the last night at DW for us on our short trip; I had relatively low expectations from some of the posts I'd read (some said noisy and long waits); we were both very hungry after mostly snacking our entire trip (DD rarely wanted to eat); and I, for one, was very eager for some sit down time after two very full days of non-stop action.

We intentionally scheduled an afternoon in the MK before our 6:40 PS – after swimming at the pool mid day, we made it just in time for the 3:00 parade, spent a few more hours at MK and then took the monorail to the GF. This worked out great since it made the dinner seem like part of the park experience to us; I'd highly recommend combining MK with this dinner if you're picking a day – it was fun to see Cinderella in the parade, and visit the castle, and talk about having dinner with Cinderella later. Just be sure to leave enough time for the monorail to circulate to the other resorts first - I thought the GF would be the first stop from the MK and it was actually the fourth (Contemporary, TTC, Polynesian, then GF, I think). Luckily we arrived right on time anyway.

We had 6:40 PS, and upon check-in at exactly 6:40 were told we'd be seated within 15 minutes. A pleasant surprise in the lobby - we saw that the Fairy Godmother was there which meant that Cinderella and the Prince were circulating with the mice (Pearl and Suzy). We were expecting Cinderella and Prince in the lobby and Fairy godmother to circulate, but there must have been some intense Fairy union contract negotiations about working conditions etc.. Anyway, DD enjoyed peeking in to check out the scene and excitedly reported on seeing the celebrities in action. For whatever reason, she chose not to wait in line to see the Fairy godmother (a short looking line, but a line nonetheless ,and I think she was on a line strike. Luckily, we only waited 10 minutes before our buzzer went off and in we went!

The carousel theme to the restaurant was very appealing, and we were lucky to be seated RIGHT near the buffet near where the characters enter and exit. The buffet itself was delicious! Now, remember the context: this was the first sit down REAL meal I'd had the entire trip, and so it was absolutely heavenly to have things like paella (excellent), lasagna (very good), turkey and stuffing (very food), fish (very good) etc. The soup was especially yummy, both the seafood gumbo (excellent) and the strawberry (very good). Best of all for DD – there was ziti with tomato sauce and tons of fresh fruit. She chowed down as never before. Since it was just the two of us, I was especially glad to be so close to the buffet, even though my waistline is paying for it now!

Character interaction was just right for us – Cindy got to us right away, then Pearl "chatted" with me about her sewing skills and promised to make me a dress (DD was mortified that I had asked her to sew me a dress since, "you know, the REAL Pearl is only THIS big, and is in a MOVIE, and besides, it really embarrassed me!" – 6.5 going on on 13!?!). Suzy was a short while later, and honoring DD's wishes for less embarrassing interactions I simply took her picture and got an autograph.

Desserts were awesome! I enjoyed a nice cup of coffee with a yummy meringue tart while DD had a make-your-own cupcake and rice crispy treats. The Prince took his time coming around which I think was due to his chatting it up quite a bit at each table. In fact, Suzy and Pearl made it to us again in the meantime – just long enough for DD to show Pearl the picture she drew of her. Pearl was delighted and DD was, well, embarrassed again—in a good way. Then we enjoyed watching Pearl try to approach the table near us where a little boy covered his ears and squealed in abject terror as she inched her way toward his table ever-so-gingerly. It was a riot to hear his shriek start and stop and start again as she stepped forward and back and forward and back—even the waiters were laughing.

Throughout the dinner I think I counted 4 – yes 4 - Happy Birthday choruses which makes me think this must be a tradition of sorts. DD enjoyed singing along for the girl at a nearby table. Finally, it had been just about an hour by the time the Prince was getting close, and the Manager offered to check on his ETA since he saw that we were ready to head out. He very kindly offered to take us right to him as we were leaving – very nice. And a final surprise as we left – Goofy was hanging out in the lobby along with Fairy Godmother! DD passed on the photo and autograph with Goofy, but it tickled me just to see him out of the blue there like that—it was rather like seeing Vanessa from American Idol at the mall yesterday…

So to all who are thinking of scheduling the 1900 Park Fare dinner, I’d say go for it! I wasn't able to get the Cindy breakfast and was very happy with this experience as an alternative. DD especially has always been a fan of the mice, so it was really perfect. I knew the dinner had been a success when DD excitedly described the carousel decorations and make-your-own cupcakes to DH during the drive home. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Thank you, thank you!! I really appreciate your review.
Scheduled DS5 birthday dinner at 1900 Park Fare before our MK fireworks cruise in May, and I was very hesitant due negative reviews. I almost cancelled our PS!
Now, I'll just go and enjoy the experience!
Thanks!

Sounds great!
I am making my PS for it tomorrow (I am finally 120 days out) and we want to eat there our first night.
Thank you for the detailed review.

...a nice way to get to the GF from the MK is by the little boat.

The GF is the first stop, then the Poly. It's about a 10 minute ride, then a five minute walk -- and a very scenic walk, at that -- from the dock into the main building, where 1900 is located.

We love 1900 Park Faire (for b'fast AND dinner!) and we can't wait to go there again in July!

Just made my 5:30 PS for it on August 13!!!
I am so excited. Plus we are celebraing my DD's 6th birthday that night so I asked that they have a birthday cupcake for her. That will be a surprise and I am sure she will be so excited:Pinkbounc

I can't wait for our ps in July now - luckily I've not read many bad reviews anyway. Sounds like the boat from MK is the way to go - I jump on the boats at every opportunity.

Sue

Thanks for your post! It was great to hear such nice things about the dinner. We'll be there in exactly 2 weeks celebrating my birthday!

Your review was perfect :)

I just made the last 5:50 pm ressie for Friday, May 23rd.
It'll be our first dinner at WDW.

Last year my DS hated Cinderella's Breakfast. My DD was in
7th heaven though will all the Princesses.
I thought the GF would not be too girlish for my DS with the
mice and Prince Charming.

We will be at the CR - so after my DH gets up from a nap (up since
3:30 am) - we'll monorail it over to the GF for dinner.

I did not want to do Chef Mickey's again for dinner.
Did it last time - a bit noisey.
We'll try Chef Mickeys for Breakfast this time.

Again tahnk you for the great detailed review ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter