18th Birthday Ideas

snookhams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Our DS will soon be turning 18 (about 3 weeks), really stuck for a present - he has no idea what he wants at the moment, DGP are giving him money that we will get some premium bonds with until he knows what he wants - DH and I are stumped he is not learning to drive and has no inclination to do so, he needs a new ipod touch but I really feel that he should have something he can keep, so any ideas or even an idea of something small that we can give him on the day until he decides what he would like. I even suggested to DH that we book a segway tour for him to do in August as we can't all do it as youngest is too young! on the way home from Sheffield yesterday we were talking about things we would like to do in Orlando that we haven't and asked him if he would like it if we did a segway tour and he doesn't want to do it. I am really stumped so come on disers give me some ideas. Thanks

It's hard with boys isn't it? With girls, you can give them jewellery to 'keep', or something sentimental like a photo album.

You could buy him shares in something he's interested in perhaps. This would be a particularly good idea if you visit DLRP, as you get various perks for being a shareholder.

I was speaking about this last week with a friend as my son will be 18 next year. My friend booked her son and friends into Alton Towers Hotel in the chocolate room. They did the park and then had an overnight stay. She also booked a show in London for him and his girlfriend and she also booked a concert for him...Jamiroqaui.
He had told her that yes a watch or similar would be nice but he'd sooner have memories to treasure. May go down that route with my son....Florida would be good!!! :yay:

Does you son have any plans to travel this after he finishes school/college?

My DS turned 18 a couple of years ago. He had planned to take a year out and in that year go to California with his friends so we bought him a big travelling rucksack and a couple of guide books.

He didnt get any use out of them that year (ended up working in a local call centre:sad2:) but worked in a US childrens camp this summer then went to California so he got his use from it in the end!
And hopefully will have many more summers travelling too!!

You can get a magnum bottle of champagne - after you've all celebrated he gets to keep the cork and the bottle?

I can't really comment on my 18th as that one slipped under the radar with my family... For my 21st however my Mum paid for Robert and myself to have a luxury night away in Edinburgh and it was fantastic. Really great present and whilst I couldn't 'keep' it, I have loads of lovely memories from that trip... :goodvibes

Bob xoxox

Our ds is 18 in January and we're also considering what to get him. We thought about a watch but he already has one, as we wanted to get him something to keep we thought we would get him a 'friendship' bracelet from Links of London. I know 'experience days' are a popular gift but at the minute we want something for him to keep and some cash in the bank to be invested until he has passed his driving test or something. I like the idea of premium bonds.

Thanks for the replies, we did think about a watch - he has one at the moment but maybe buy it at a later date when he needs it. We thought if we invest the money in p bonds then he might win whilst deciding what to spend it on so an add bonus. I did get him a little gift on ebay of a pair of cufflinks made from 1p pieces dated 1991 the year he was born they weren't expensive but I feel a bit better about him having something to open on the big day

what a great idea about the cufflinks, think I shall see if I can find some for 1992 :goodvibes

we are currently pulling together all our bits and pieces for the memory box we want to give ds, it is so emotional and also very scary when I think how fast the time has gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!