17 nights of nom nom noms - April 2013 Hannikins eats Orlando

Hannikins

Mouseketeer
Ok so with the trip not far off and a big list of snacks and food that I want to try I thought I better get the basics of the foor report started!

On the list so far are *drum roll*...

Confirmed ADR's
Sanaa - Kidani Village - Dinner
Via Napoli - Italian Pavillion - Epcot - Dinner
Victoria and Alberts - Grand Floridian - Dinner - Part 1
Victoria and Alberts - Grand Floridian - Dinner - Part 2
Narcoossee's - Grand Floridian - Dinner
Crystal Palace - Magic Kingdom - Breakfast
Kona Cafe - Polynesian Resort - Dinner
Kouzzina - The Boardwalk - Dinner
Cinderella's Royal Table - Magic Kingdom - Dinner

Disney - Counter Service
Wolfgang Puck express - Downtown Disney
FAILED! - Landscape of Flavours - Art of Animation resort
Fairfax Fare - Gourmet Hotdogs
Yak and Yeti - Animal Kingdom
Flame Tree BBQ - Animal Kingdom
LAST MINUTE ADDITION - Boulangerie Les Halles - France Pavilion - Epcot
LAST MINUTE ADDITION - Liberty Inn - America Pavilion - Epcot
Artist's Palette - SSR
Be Our Guest - Magic Kingdom - Part 1
Be Our Guest - Magic Kingdom - Part 2
Columbia Harbour House - Magic Kingdom
Pizza Planet - Hollywood Studios

Universal Studios - Restaurants
Bubba Gumps - Citywalk
BiCE - Portofino Bay Hotel
Mythos - Islands of Adventure

Universal Studios - Counter Service
Captain America Diner @ Islands of Adventure
Mel's Diner @ Universal Studios

I Drive
Bahama Breeze
Chilli's
Miller's Ale House
Outback Steakhouse
IHop
Cheesecake Factory
Buffalo Wild Wings
CiCi's Pizza
Tony Roma's
Teaks
Cuba Libre

Disney Snacks
FAILED! Nutella and Fruit Waffle @ Sleepy Hollow, Magic Kingdom
FAILED! Strawberry Shortcake @ Sunshine Seasons, Epcot
Carrot Cake Cookie @ The Writers Stop, HS
LAST MINUTE ADDITION - Cookies & Cream Fudge - Sweet Spells - HS
FAILED! Cinnamon Roll @ Gastons Tavern, Magic Kingdom
FAILED! Tonga Toast @ Captain Cooks, Polynesian Resort
Grey Goose Slushie @ The France Pavilion, Epcot
Margarita Flight @ La Cava del Tequila... sort of!, Mexico Pavilion, Epcot
LAST MINUTE ADDITION - Salted Caramel - Karamell-Kuche - German Pavilion - Epcot
Caramel Pecan Cluster @ Karamell-Küche, German Pavilion, Epcot
Cream Cheese Pretzel @ Snack Cart, Somewhere in Disney
Build your own treat @ Goofys Candy Co, Downtown Disney
FAILED! Funnel Cake @ Somewhere in Disney
LAST MINUTE ADDITION - Pulled Pork Slider - Flower and Garden Festival - American Pavilion - Epcot
FAILED! Ice Cream Cookie Sundae @ Storybook Treats, Magic Kingdom
FAILED! Ham and cheese Croissant @ Les Halles boulangerie, France Pavilion, Epcot
Butterfinger Cupcake @ Starring Rolls, HS
Kaki Gori @ Japan Pavilion, Epcot

Universal Snacks
LAST MINUTE ADDITION - Cinnabon @ Islands of Adventure
Butterbeer @ Islands of Adventure
Kings Donut @ Emack and Bolios, Hard Rock Hotel

Those of you who are good at math's, in fact anyone who can count passed 17 nights really! will realise I've set myself an impossible task with the above, sooooo... Wish me luck! :yay:

Ok so with the trip not far off and a big list of snacks and food that I want to try I thought I better get the basics of the foor report started!

Disney Snacks
Nutella and Fruit Waffle @ Sleepy Hollow, Magic Kingdom
Strawberry Shortcake @ Sunshine Seasons, Epcot
Carrot Cake Cookie @ The Writers Stop, HS
Cinnamon Roll @ Gaston’s Tavern, Magic Kingdom
Tonga Toast @ Captain Cooks, Polynesian Resort
Grey Goose Slushie @ The France Pavilion, Epcot
Tequila Flight @ La Cava del Tequila, Mexico Pavilion, Epcot
Caramel Pecan Cluster @ Karamell-Küche, German Pavilion, Epcot
Cream Cheese Pretzel @ Snack Cart, Somewhere in Disney
Build your own treat @ Goofy’s Candy Co, Downtown Disney
Funnel Cake @ Somewhere in Disney
Ice Cream Cookie Sundae @ Storybook Treats, Magic Kingdom
Ham and cheese Croissant @ Les Halles boulangerie, France Pavilion, Epcot
Butterfinger Cupcake @ Starring Rolls, HS
Kaki Gori @ Japan Pavilion, Epcot

Universal Snacks
Butterbeer @ Islands of Adventure
Kings Donut @ Emack and Bolio’s, Hard Rock Hotel

Those of you who are good at math's, in fact anyone who can count passed 17 nights really! will realise I've set myself an impossible task with the above, sooooo... Wish me luck! :yay:

I noticed for Universal Snacks your doing Butterbeer @ IOA

FYI in case you don't know Gaston's Tavern in the New Fantasyland has a drink called LeFou's Brew. Many have said it tastes similar to the Butterbeer.

All in all quite an impressive dining plan you've come with. :worship:

My goodness, you are detailed! Your list is giving me some great ideas for snacks, even though I can't eat many of them, being gluten free, but my bff will, on our upcoming Disney trip. She has only been once, about 22 years ago, and only for a few days, so I want to make sure she has a great time! Can't wait to read your reviews! :)

Hi, So glad you included I Drive :thumbsup2 we will be looking for some new restaurants this trip off of Disney property. Cuba Libre's menu looks good! Have you eaten here before?? Thanks, Joan

Sounds yummy! Take lots of pictures to share.

Will Do!

I noticed for Universal Snacks your doing Butterbeer @ IOA

FYI in case you don't know Gaston's Tavern in the New Fantasyland has a drink called LeFou's Brew. Many have said it tastes similar to the Butterbeer.

All in all quite an impressive dining plan you've come with. :worship:

ooo yes i've seen photos of that, i went for the butterbeer to say I've done it and thought as they are so similar I should just pick one... don't want to overdo it do I hehe! :hyper:

My goodness, you are detailed! Your list is giving me some great ideas for snacks, even though I can't eat many of them, being gluten free, but my bff will, on our upcoming Disney trip. She has only been once, about 22 years ago, and only for a few days, so I want to make sure she has a great time! Can't wait to read your reviews! :)

thanks

Hi, So glad you included I Drive :thumbsup2 we will be looking for some new restaurants this trip off of Disney property. Cuba Libre's menu looks good! Have you eaten here before?? Thanks, Joan

I was in two minds on whether to include it, pancake starved brits like me get very excited by places like ihop :banana:

We haven't been before no, I've never eaten 'cuban' before either though so I thought it worth a try. The vast Mojito menu looks tempting as well! :drinking1

Can't wait to read your reviews! Quit an impressive lineup! Maybe we will even cross paths, we head to Disney in 9 days :)

Wolfgang Puck Express
We visited the marketplace location on our first night believing this to have the best selection available.

IMG_3047_zps43d6d8f1.jpg

We were on the dining plan and so we chose a main, dessert and a drink from the options available.

We had a pepperoni pizza with no mushrooms

IMG_3049_zpsdbb09a6c.jpg

This was a decent sized pizza, nothing to huge and had a nice crispy base throughout. Even without the mushrooms there was plenty of topping

We also had the bacon wrapped Meatloaf

IMG_3050_zps92db5097.jpg

This is a firm favourite here and on other disney food forums and we were eager to try it. I have to say I was a little disappointed. The bacon was fatty rather than crispy as I had hoped and the sauce and meatloaf were very rich and overpowering. The onions were nice but they went soggy very quickly. The highlight for me was the mash potato, that probably says more about the rest of the dish rather than the outstanding quality of the potatoes :D

For dessert we shared a cheesecake and a creme brulee

IMG_3051_zps1ce11f3f.jpg

Both were nice and very similar but I favoured the brulee. The consistancy was buttery and the ratio of crispy top to creamy inside was perfect. I cleared the bowl :D

SCORING
Atmosphere - 8/10 - Very noisy in the main dining room but quieter and more relaxed in the conservatory section

Quality - 7/10 - A little hit and miss, maybe I was expecting to much

Presentation - 10/10 - For a quick service location the presentation was impressive

Service - 10/10 - Our server was very attentive and kept our drinks refilled for the entire visit

Overall Experience 9/10 - I will definitely keep this on the must do list. I might just try something a little less rich next time.

BEST DISH
The brulee.

COST
The bill came to $46.55 including tax, not including tip.

Yak & Yeti Counter Service (Anandapur Local Food Cafes)

There were two counter service restaurants we wanted to try in Ak so we split up and went to both. I chose to go to Yak and Yeti

I ordered the sweet and sour chicken with rice

IMG_3068_zps1362a3e3.jpg

I really enjoyed this meal, although they do give you far too much! The chicken was crispy and hadn't gone soggy so it obviously hadn't been sitting long. My only negative was that you really do need something to pour it out onto. I ended up eating lots of chicken and was to full by the time I reached the rice :(

For dessert I had the frozen lemonade and for a drink a BUCKET of iced tea.

IMG_3067_zpsc65d9911.jpg

The frozen lemonade is the usual stuff you find in carts around the parks. It is a worthwhile option though since it's great to carry round in the heat afterwards

SCORING
Atmosphere - 6/10 - Can't really comment as I didn't eat here. I've given it a lower score though as there weren't any seats even if I had wanted one!

Quality - 10/10 - Very good quality and a bargain for counter service

Presentation - 10/10 - great 'takeout' box style

Service - 10/10 - Very quick and speedy service once you'd ordered

Overall Experience 10/10 - One I would certainly return to

COST
The bill came to $17.14 including tax

Flame Tree BBQ - Animal Kingdom

The second of the quick service places we wanted to try in AK.
Adam couldn't decided which he wanted so we went with both!

Chicken and rib combo
IMG_3065_zpsac21c355.jpg

The meat is very pink in colouration but this is down to the smoking rather than it being undercooked. The ribs were meaty and the chicken wasn't too dry. The smoke flavour is VERY strong in both the ribs and the chicken. Much more so than anything I've had in the UK. Adam really liked it but it was too strong for me.

The coleslaw was nothing special but the beans were, different :/

I never have beans in the US and expect heinz but I really wasn't a fan of the pulled pork in the beans, it was not a pleasant texture for me.

For dessert we had a chocolate mousse and a bucket of coke

IMG_3066_zpsd9b29307.jpg

The mousse looked cute but basic, it was however very tasty, not as refreshing as the frozen lemonade but it was a nice change to the standard chocolate cake at other parks.

SCORING
Atmosphere - 7/10 - A nice area to eat in the shade but the birds were annoying!

Quality - 8/10 - Nice but not for me.

Presentation - 9/10 - As expected

Service - 10/10 - Very quick

Overall Experience 7/10 - It was nice to try but I don't think we'd eat here again

COST
The bill came to $19.90 including tax

Cream Cheese & Jalapeño Pretzel
IMG_3061_zps3401f947.jpg

One of the best snacks of the trip. If I had spare credits this is what I would have purchased!

We decided to have one each for breakfast. I was nervous about getting the one with Jalapeños this early in the day but I shouldn't have worried. It does have a heat to it but it builds slowly to a warm tingle rather than being harsh on the throat.

IMG_3062_zps549b81ed.jpg

Because we went first thing in the morning they were just being delivered and they were very fresh. The bread was soft and chewy and the ratio of cheese inside was perfect.

MORE PLEASE :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter