$165 Million in Upgrades to Oasis of the Seas Announced

MissDaisyofTexas

DIS Veteran
I didn't see this posted yet...Royal Caribbean just announced the major changes coming to Oasis of the Seas in a few months. It's getting the Ultimate Abyss (dry slides), water slides, pool deck upgrades, new restaurants, etc.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/travel...0190521-fijnxr4y4ffhxok3lafez7embm-story.html

We have a reservation for spring break 2021. We've never been on Oasis of the Seas, but I'm excited to see these changes.

What do you think?

This makes me want to book on Oasis! I think it's great, looks like it will compare to Harmony after all these changes.

A little sad the BBQ place looks to be for fee, I like the free one on Carnival so it would be nice to see on RCL as well.

I saw this on the RC Blog.
Things I like:
- "Caribbean style pool deck". I've no idea how this will work out with the split deck, but the pool deck *is* quite big.
- Kids splash area is cool
- As are waterslides. Three seems like a small number, until you remember that it's a cruise ship.
- BBQ. Based on the presence of burnt ends, I think it's KC style, which I'm not that familiar with. But good BBQ is good BBQ, no matter where it's from. Interested to see if this concept migrates to other ships.

Things I don't like:
- Revamping Adventure Ocean. Not a fan of Oceaneers, and it sounds like Royal is moving towards this concept. With that said, it seems like they're keeping the 3-5 Aquanuts separate, so perhaps 6-11 (basically grades 1-6) is more manageable?
- Getting the kids splash area means that you lose the kids pool.
- Ultimate Abyss. I really dislike the purple tubes.

Things I'm neutral about
- Music Hall. Seems like it's an update of Dazzles, so not a bad thing?
- Karaoke. I'd guess this replaces On Air. Private rooms is probably a way to generate more secondary revenue.
- The other restaurants.

This looks pretty cool. Take it with a grain of salt as I heard it from someone at NextCruise in March, but apparently Allure is getting the same upgrades as well.

I saw this on the RC Blog.
Things I like:
- "Caribbean style pool deck". I've no idea how this will work out with the split deck, but the pool deck *is* quite big.
- Kids splash area is cool
- As are waterslides. Three seems like a small number, until you remember that it's a cruise ship.
- BBQ. Based on the presence of burnt ends, I think it's KC style, which I'm not that familiar with. But good BBQ is good BBQ, no matter where it's from. Interested to see if this concept migrates to other ships.

Things I don't like:
- Revamping Adventure Ocean. Not a fan of Oceaneers, and it sounds like Royal is moving towards this concept. With that said, it seems like they're keeping the 3-5 Aquanuts separate, so perhaps 6-11 (basically grades 1-6) is more manageable?
- Getting the kids splash area means that you lose the kids pool.
- Ultimate Abyss. I really dislike the purple tubes.

Things I'm neutral about
- Music Hall. Seems like it's an update of Dazzles, so not a bad thing?
- Karaoke. I'd guess this replaces On Air. Private rooms is probably a way to generate more secondary revenue.
- The other restaurants.

Good post. For me:

Happy about - waterslides, Abyss (as we come with our kids), laser tag, escape room, El Loco (great on Symphony), Karaoke (never went to dazzles and karaoke be fun to watch or join), Kids better water area (our kids are past this but think it's a good idea for families with younger areas), Bionic Bar (I'm one of the few who love this place...so cute to watch)

Neutral - BBQ place (as I don't eat meat...lol), Ocean Adventure (our kids don't go here), Lime & Coconut (don't typically buy lunch when there are other good included venues around), Playmakers (as above...plus not a sports fan and it's just more greasy good)

Super tempted to book a spring break (week before Easter) 2021 cruise now, but the oasis itinerary is not appealing to me. May book Allure and hope the NextCrusie person is right!

Super tempted to book a spring break (week before Easter) 2021 cruise now, but the oasis itinerary is not appealing to me. May book Allure and hope the NextCrusie person is right!
I've read on a few other sources that Allure will be getting the similar upgrade next year. I'd book!

I just booked Oasis for December 8th. I was going to do Harmony but thought I would go with Oasis since they are getting the upgrades and were a little cheaper. I cruised RCCL once years ago, but this will be just me and my 12 year old. I 've booked before and backed out though, so we'll see if I do that again :-)

I just booked Oasis for December 8th. I was going to do Harmony but thought I would go with Oasis since they are getting the upgrades and were a little cheaper. I cruised RCCL once years ago, but this will be just me and my 12 year old. I 've booked before and backed out though, so we'll see if I do that again :-)

I've booked NCL and backed out. We booked RCCL for next year and backed out. But in less than 5 days I'm boarding Anthem of the Seas--too late to back out now! LOL

Don’t wanna jinx you, but 5 days out from our second Allure cruise we were very close to backing out due to my daughter breaking her arm.

I'm so excited about this! We were on Oasis in 2017 and LOVED it, booked again Dec 2020. It's already a beautiful ship but with the upgrades it will be over the top. My kids are beyond excited to do the slides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter