16 Of Us Do 13 Days of Christmas Disney! 12-25-00 Day 11 Merry Christmas!

nutz4dzny

Been there, done that, going back to WDW again!
Who's Who!
Myself: DW who is a trip planer, tour guide etc!
(This is my 25th trip!)

DH: Who loves Disney and trip planning as much as I do!

DS: 16 yr. old and vows to start his family (when he has one) on Disney yearly vacations! He's been going since he was 5!

Relatives: My mother and father, their 6th trip with us! 70's and in great shape!
Mays Landing, NJ

Sister and Brother-in-law who retired and are Full-timers and are spending the winter in Florida anyway!

Sister and her 6 yr. old daughter. Both went May 1999 with us and whose daugther is the original chicken girl! Pittsburgh, PA

Brother and his 2 daughters, ages 10 and 12. Pittsburgh, PA

Friends:
Couple from our church and their 2 sons, ages 12 and 16. (Who were more thankful to us than my own family!) Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Today is Christmas! Monday and the weather is supposed to go into the 70's but a litle windy!

We slept in today and I heard Santa outside the doors around 5AM. My neice was awake by 6AM and she clapped with joy that Santa did not forget her! He KNEW she was not home but at WDW. HE even left a stocking on the door filled with candy and a little bean bag dog from 102 Dalmations! Just what she wanted!

We decided NOT to fight the crowds in the parks today so we all figured that the Marketplace would not be crowded and we were RIGHT! We got dressed and some of us had breakfast at the PM and some slept in! Our friends from NJ decided to go to the CR and ride the boats and eplore all around. The others, 10 of us met at Bus stop 4 at 10:30 to catch a bus to DD. We did have to wait 20 min. They said it was because all the traffic tie ups going into the parks!

When we finally got on the bus and drove past the road that led to the MK WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWW! The cars were backed up for MILES! The bus driver said they were at capacity and turning all the cars around! Only buses and resort guests were permitted to go into the parks. I am glad we decided to stay away! The MarketPlace was not crowded at all! I guess everone had done their shopping and the locals were home celebrating! The few of us who din't eat breakfast went to McDonald's while the others split up to shop and go to the Lego store and play! After all the rich food we have been eating, McDonald's Ckn. Nuggets tasted good!

We then did some shopping. I found a beautiful Mickey White Thick Terry Robe to use as a cover-up at the Hot Tub or pool. Also some odds-n-ends such as t-shirts and sweatshirts. The DC discount came in handy.

We also had an unexpected treat at 12 noon we looked up at the sun for a BRIEF instant mind you and saw the solar eclipse! It was great! But still I saw small spots afterwards even though I only looked for a millisecond!!!!! This will not happen again for hundreds of years on Christmas day!

We then went back to our rooms by 2PM to reat and get ready for Christmas Dinner at the WL. We arrived on time as our PS was for 5:30PM and there were 14 of us. They sat 10 of us at one long table and 4 of us at a round table right next to the long table! We were seated quickly and then it happened. DISASTER! We had Christmas Dinner at the WL Whispering Canyon. Our server was awful! It took 15 minutes to get our drinks and no straws! Then when he brought the salads he expected 5 adults to share a SMALL platter of lettuce. We promptly asked for more and 15 minutes later we still did not have any. There were 14 of us and I think he was having a bad day. When they brought our food it was inedible! It was pressed turkey and a ham roll. Horrible mashed potaoes and yams the stuffing was awful! Well it must have sat under the hot lights WAY TOO LONG and the edges of everything was burned and crisp. At this point I got a manager and she was embarrassed also when she saw the food, they brought us new platters but the meal was ruined for many of us at that point. My mother would not even take a bite. I felt like crying since I plannned this and now it was ruined. Anyway we tried to make the best of this terrible situation and in the end the manager comped us for the whole meal which I thought was fair since at least 6 of us did not eat a thing! We did not even attempt dessert and next time I go the WDW for a holiday I will choose a more upscale restaurant regardless of the price. I was just trying to fit everyone's budget! Believe me there are many more things that happened to this meal that I am leaving out such as the dirty platters they gave us with encrusted food stuck on them etc. It was not a good time but we did not let it spoil our trip! Things happen and I was pleased the manager took care of us. We are definately not picky eaters but believe me my dog would not even eat this stuff. But I know that some people had a good meal and like I say, everyone's tastes are subjective but 14 people can't be totally wrong! And the manager kept apologizing and she said that they have had so many complaints lately and that she had just come over from the Yachtman's Galley and they are trying to straighten it out. But being Christmas and being so busy etc...

I told her not to worry that my family would all blame me not her LOLOLOLOLOL and that thay were all waiting for me in the Lobby now! But everyone hugged me and told me it wasn't my fault and I felt much better. We were still hungry though!

So we all split up again and I ended up taking my family, DH & DS and my mom and dad and my sister and neice over ot the Dolphin to see the beautiful Lobby and to walk around and relax! We took the boat over to MGM and caught the first bus to the CSR and were back in the rooms by 10PM.

Now this could just be a coincindence but that night I was up all night being sick in the bathroom. I only ate the veggies and some mashed potatoes and salad at the awful dinner but I think it was stress. My stomach hurt so bad! I did not ache so I knew it wasn't the flu etc. I think it was nerves. I could not eat anymore after that for the reat of the trip and I had to take Immodium 6 times each day and my heart was palpitating. I told my DH it felt like I was having a heart attack! Seriously, I was going to call my MD as soon as I got back home.

Just to let everyone know that as soon as I got home all the symptoms left so I chalked it up to STRESS and all the planning and my type A personality etc... But that's how we DIS people are trying to please everyone and taking too much on ourselves. The only solace I had was knowing that on Feb. 8th just my DH and I were coming back for a romantic trip for 6 days at the BC. That kept me going!!!!!

I finally fell asleep by 1AM but it was a restless night! :(

Tomorrow our 4 friends are leaving and I plan on going to EPCOT with whoever wants to go!

I'm sorry that your Christmas dinner was so awful. We ate at Whispering Canyon the night of the meet it was great and we had the best server. I'm glad you and your family didnt let it get you down.

hipgrl1.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies
http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

Ooh, sorry Nuts4dzny, I can understand how you felt, sort of responsible, I am glad that Disney took care of the bill, I have eaten at Whispering Canyon before and had a great meal, it was breakfast food and quite good too... Looking forward to other reports, maybe Epcot. I love Epcot..

Mac-key Mouse QOBGOC
dancecindy.gif

<font color=red>Coordinator of the First Annual Official Dis Convention </font>

Thanks for your kind words. I know what you both mean. We had eaten there just 4 days or so earlier and it was great! THe barbacue was good and so was the service! I will probably go back but just for the barbacue not any special meal! Did I mention that my oldest sister, the one who is retired, (the perfect sister if you know what I mean!) told me just 1 hour before dinner how she HATED the WC cafe and that she only likes HER turkey and she KNOWS she will be dissapointed???? Perhaps this bad meal was all HER fault eh???

It was a fun day until dinner. Glad to hear you got your dinner comp'ed thou. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter