150 points, summer vacations

Dreamer07

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to have a week vacation at a DVC for 150 points in the summer months? What resorts would offer that? We vacation only during the summer time and cannot afford to get more than 150 points if we become members. We would like to vacation every summer. Is this possible or would it have to be every 2 years?

Is it possible to have a week vacation at a DVC for 150 points in the summer months? What resorts would offer that? We vacation only during the summer time and cannot afford to get more than 150 points if we become members. We would like to vacation every summer. Is this possible or would it have to be every 2 years?

Best thing to do is run the points calculator with all the different scenarios. Month, room size, length of stay, etc.

Depending on room size and where you stay it is very doable. If you contact a guide they will send you all kinds of info including a points chart that will help you make an informed decision as to the best amount of points you may need. You can always add on if you need to at a later date.

We went with 210 points, but broke it up into a 150 and 60 point contract.

If you stay Sunday night through Thursday night you can probably go every year. What size accomodations do you need? I just put in for a BWV resale and plan on going down every Summer for 5 nights in a 2BR standard view for 160 points. If I chose not to go one year I will bank the points and use them the next year to either stay longer and/or have a better view.

Yes, it is very possible to go every year for a week or more. Assuming you would be staying at SSR, a week during most of the summer (June 15 - August 15) in a Studio would be 123 points. You could stay as long as 9 days every year (assuming only two of them are a Friday or Saturday) for 149 points.

If you go in the first two weeks of June or the last two weeks of August, you can stay even longer....10 days with same assumptions.

And briefly skimming the resort point charts, it appears that you could spend at least a week a year at any of the resorts in a Studio with 150 points.

As long as a Studio works for you, it sounds like a good fit.

We only bought 160 points and depending on unit size we can actually go twice in a year. We generally stay only Sunday thru Thursday night. But we do this usually once at Vero over Spring Break and then go to Disney in July for the same Sunday thru Thursday night. 160 points gives us the option to trade out for high season to a one bdrm someplace else. (I know it is not a good use of points Please don't yell at me). Good luck with your decision. I hope to welcome you home soon. princess:

150 is exactly the number of points it takes for a 2BR at OKW for 5 days, Sun - Thursday nights, checking out for Friday night. We do this every year with friends. One week, their 150, go on an adventure for the weekend and come back for another week on our 150 points.

Jan

150 is exactly the number of points it takes for a 2BR at OKW for 5 days, Sun - Thursday nights, checking out for Friday night. We do this every year with friends. One week, their 150, go on an adventure for the weekend and come back for another week on our 150 points.

Jan

I hope I find friends like these!!

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter