MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

She's not quite such a scaredy cat now at 16, but still not a fan of horror. Glad your birthday was terrific!

Oh lordy, she was very young then wasn`t she!

No wonder she was so petrified. I think that would have put me off scary things forever at that age......

Thanks.....I had a lovely birthday.......:flower3:

Scotland looks beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing that with us!!!

And I hope you had a great birthday yesterday and got spoiled rotten!!!! pixiedust:

We have a trip planned to Florida in October... Right now we're staying at Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge for a week but we're not going to Disney... I think, maybe, not sure yet, we might be going to Universal... It all depends on how my husband is feeling... He has a bone infection in his finger (work injury) and is on two very strong antibiotics for 6 weeks and they're kicking his butt... He's exhausted and all he wants to do is sleep... There's no way he'll survive 4 days at Universal feeling this way... He's calling the dr this morning so I'm hoping they can do something to help him...

And as for Covid, my state is in the top 10 for positive cases per capita... But we have no travel restrictions or restrictions on the size of gatherings... And the state isn't requiring masks but most businesses are... Don't ask why unless you want me to rant about politics... :rolleyes2 :rotfl2:

I am so happy you liked them Nancy.......I could show pictures of Scotland forever and a day.....and yes, I was spoiled rotten and happy to admit that.....lol......

Oh no! Sending so many good wishes to your husband......that sounds awful and I can imagine how some antibiotics will affect you.....hope the doc comes up with something as an alternative to what he`s on. October is just around the corner......I`m happy to hear you have a trip coming up though.....

Oh that doesn`t sound good being in the top 10 and no restrictions??? Er, maybe I won`t ask then......lol.....don`t want us to get into trouble........:duck:

Oh no! Fell asleep at the wheel again:drive: and missed your Birthday! Well Happy Belated Birthday 🎂. I have a terrible yearning to go to Scotland, thanks to you Carole!
I don't think I would even be able to go there on a ship, no one wants us.😁 I love water but cruise ships? Not so much. Hope to hear about any other trips you'll be making, this one was fun and so interesting to see your beautiful homeland!

Oh no! Fell asleep at the wheel again:drive: and missed your Birthday! Well Happy Belated Birthday 🎂. I have a terrible yearning to go to Scotland, thanks to you Carole!
I don't think I would even be able to go there on a ship, no one wants us.😁 I love water but cruise ships? Not so much. Hope to hear about any other trips you'll be making, this one was fun and so interesting to see your beautiful homeland!

lol.....Thank you! And I know you`d completely fall in love with Scotland.......I`ll happily be your tour guide if you ever do go........:thumbsup2

Yes, it`s strange, I love water too, we have always lived beside the sea on both coasts, I love Lochs and rivers, but at the same time I`m not fond of being in water! And cruise ships.......me too. Never been a fan and even less now for a lot of reasons.

Our numbers are going up here too, so doubt many will want Brits descending on them either!!

Next trip is to the Cotswolds at the beginning of next month, well unless any more restrictions have been put in place by then 🥴......weather can be a hit.....or a very big miss lol.......but will take lots of pictures there too. It`s such a beautiful area, very Olde Worlde and very quaint. If the weather is decent we plan a day in Oxford, haven`t been there for a good few years......

:wave2:

Love the sandwiches......they are so different to sandwiches you get Stateside.....

Yes those tea sandwiches are only found in the US (or Canada really) if you go to a formal "tea" But funny thing...I do like making them crustless at home like that....fun to eat!

..the barmaid confided in us she wasn`t a dog fan either and wished they would change the policy.

I am a huge dog fan lol..and I love that dogs seem to be allowed in a lot of pubs lol..but that said...if you aren't a fan...I can understand why having them inside would be a turn off!!

Will then make sure we have plenty of good food images!!!

Yes please!! Hopefully the weather will cooperate though for some nice outdoor views too!!

In England come Monday we are now back to limiting get togethers on more than 6 people, inside or out......our numbers are rising again, fairly high in some areas, although where we are it`s not too bad.

Well here in Toronto, and the rest of Ontario, our limits just got pushed back down to 10 for indoor gatherings and 25 for outdoor...but schools just started this week here...so who knows what will happen in a few weeks...

Tom said our other altenative is the one thing I said I`d never do........cruise over to America.......:scared1:

Funny. My parents did the transatlantic from Southampton to NYC on the Queen Mary 2 in May 2019. They loved it, but they love cruises and boating in general and don't get seasick ever. But even they said there were some rough seas at times, and the captain HAD to point out when they were passing right by where the Titanic went down lol. That said though later in the summer it might be calmer and the big ships that do the crossing can be quite fantastic. But.....then you'd still have a long journey from NYC to Orlando lol!! A 2 day drive? But could be fun lol...notsomuch during covid though...sigh....

Anyway...I hope for your sake (and mine) that borders open and flights start flying..... Our borders with the US just got announced that they are staying closed until at least Oct 21 - but that is land borders. There are still (some) flights going to and from the US if you really need to go, but they are very much discouraging unnecessary travel. I know this since my son was able to fly to the US since he is registered in school there, but I was not allowed to go with him. I know it's wishful thinking and probably delusional...but I am hoping that if Biden wins in November and the US at least starts to pretend that they care about flattening the curve along with the rest of the world...then maybe travel can start up again if numbers all over start to equalize? Who the heck knows.....

Yes those tea sandwiches are only found in the US (or Canada really) if you go to a formal "tea" But funny thing...I do like making them crustless at home like that....fun to eat!

I am a huge dog fan lol..and I love that dogs seem to be allowed in a lot of pubs lol..but that said...if you aren't a fan...I can understand why having them inside would be a turn off!!

Yes please!! Hopefully the weather will cooperate though for some nice outdoor views too!!

Well here in Toronto, and the rest of Ontario, our limits just got pushed back down to 10 for indoor gatherings and 25 for outdoor...but schools just started this week here...so who knows what will happen in a few weeks...

Funny. My parents did the transatlantic from Southampton to NYC on the Queen Mary 2 in May 2019. They loved it, but they love cruises and boating in general and don't get seasick ever. But even they said there were some rough seas at times, and the captain HAD to point out when they were passing right by where the Titanic went down lol. That said though later in the summer it might be calmer and the big ships that do the crossing can be quite fantastic. But.....then you'd still have a long journey from NYC to Orlando lol!! A 2 day drive? But could be fun lol...notsomuch during covid though...sigh....

Anyway...I hope for your sake (and mine) that borders open and flights start flying..... Our borders with the US just got announced that they are staying closed until at least Oct 21 - but that is land borders. There are still (some) flights going to and from the US if you really need to go, but they are very much discouraging unnecessary travel. I know this since my son was able to fly to the US since he is registered in school there, but I was not allowed to go with him. I know it's wishful thinking and probably delusional...but I am hoping that if Biden wins in November and the US at least starts to pretend that they care about flattening the curve along with the rest of the world...then maybe travel can start up again if numbers all over start to equalize? Who the heck knows.....

I do like dogs, just not where there is food. I sound like a grouch I guess, but I`m the same in someone`s house, I hate for example seeing cats wandering over kitchen surfaces and so on.......I`m not the type to get an animal I think. But, do love my friends dogs.

When we have afternoon tea with friends (usually just the ladies funnily enough) that`s the type of sandwiches we make.....they are very pretty and quite dainty.......

Our schools are back just over a week, but rates were rising before that in different areas of the UK. So far our area hasn`t been given extra restrictions, fingers crossed it stays that way and same with the Cotswolds......just be like it for us to have to cancel another trip. But, glad the Scotland one happened out of them all.

I can imagine the Atlantic being rough. Seasickness isn`t fun. My first experience of seasickness was as a child crossing over the North Sea to go to Zandvoort in Holland in 1973. Oh boy....vowed then never to go on a boat again.....I did of course, several times across the Channel and once or twice more over the North Sea.....never as bad, but still never really liked boats. The Queen Mary 2, that is a beautiful lady!

If we ever did sail to NY, I think I`d have to fly down to Orlando.....I`d never fancy doing that drive.....

I think we all have images of "what will be" in the near future......yes, only essential travel is allowed here. Although I have discovered we could fly to Barbados, spend two weeks there and then fly legally into anywhere in America......seems ludicrous but true! Kyle has just over 6 weeks vacation a year, but with the two and a half weeks he has used up for the Christmas trip, he has used up his vacation time this year. If he hadn`t we would have enjoyed two weeks there then flown in......but we wouldn`t go without him.

I think we all have images of "what will be" in the near future......yes, only essential travel is allowed here. Although I have discovered we could fly to Barbados, spend two weeks there and then fly legally into anywhere in America......seems ludicrous but true! Kyle has just over 6 weeks vacation a year, but with the two and a half weeks he has used up for the Christmas trip, he has used up his vacation time this year. If he hadn`t we would have enjoyed two weeks there then flown in......but we wouldn`t go without him.

Funny you mention Barbados. My parents were seriously considering booking a trip there for Feb 2021 because they have not spent a full winter in Canada for over 30 years...and really didn't want to start now....And we could actually go to Barbados too but same deal, we'd have to quarantine after, but they wouldn't mind that so much...but I think they are reconsidering. It just seems scary that you could some how get sick and get stuck there, or just get stuck there for some other reason. Just really not a good time to be travelling if you don't have to...but I miss it so much...as I'm sure you do too!!

Funny you mention Barbados. My parents were seriously considering booking a trip there for Feb 2021 because they have not spent a full winter in Canada for over 30 years...and really didn't want to start now....And we could actually go to Barbados too but same deal, we'd have to quarantine after, but they wouldn't mind that so much...but I think they are reconsidering. It just seems scary that you could some how get sick and get stuck there, or just get stuck there for some other reason. Just really not a good time to be travelling if you don't have to...but I miss it so much...as I'm sure you do too!!

I have to admit, as nice as Barbados sounds, beach trips would bore us to tears I think.

We do have friends who love the Carribean and places like the Maldives where they just soak up the sun all day......we`d last half an hour before getting restless.....so maybe Barbados isn`t for us......

Can`t say I blame your parents for wanting to do that trip. I can imagine Canadian winters....yes, I`d want a break too......lol......

I`d travel tomorrow if I could ::yes::.......I`m wary, but sensible. But, Tom keeps reminding me of all the travel we`ll do to make up for this year.......😁 There are so many folks worse off than us with this, so we thank our lucky stars every day......:wave2:

We did try for the last week in September for the Cotswolds, but I think everyone and their granny had booked up! We just couldn`t get what we wanted for that week.....but, looking forward to that break a lot.....hope you have a lovely trip there too, it`s so beautiful.......

Thanks - just hoping we get to go! At the moment both the Cotswolds and where we live are towards the bottom of the cases per 100,000 people list, so I’m hopeful there won’t be any local lockdown issues - it’s just whether anything goes in at a national level during the next week.

You can add us to the list of people who had a look at Barbados! Our Christmas trip to Orlando has gone but I’m still holding out hope for Austria next summer (postponed from this year) and then Orlando next autumn...

Thanks - just hoping we get to go! At the moment both the Cotswolds and where we live are towards the bottom of the cases per 100,000 people list, so I’m hopeful there won’t be any local lockdown issues - it’s just whether anything goes in at a national level during the next week.

You can add us to the list of people who had a look at Barbados! Our Christmas trip to Orlando has gone but I’m still holding out hope for Austria next summer (postponed from this year) and then Orlando next autumn...

We love Austria....that and Switzerland are two places in Europe we will go back to visit one day. Beautiful countries. Yes, I`m sure you`ll get to visit both next year.......

I have visions of Barbados being inundated with Brits all of a sudden......lol.....

Yes, we`ve just been talking about the potential lockdown coming up this week. Not much point in going for us if restaurants and other places are all closed. We`re the same, our area isn`t high on any list, but yes, if it goes nationwide not much we can do about that........definitely be glad to see this year out of the way........

Hope you get away end of the month.....and get good weather if you do :sunny:

Since we first visited in 2007, out of all the things we fell in love, one of the highlights for us has always been Halloween Horror Nights......

Being honest, it was one thing we hadn`t researched before going on that trip, as like a lot of Brits back then, Disney was the primary focus.....everyone told us 1 or 2 days at Universal was more than enough and shock horror.....some even suggested we didn`t need to go at all!!! Glad I very rarely take advice from folks I barely know.......

We had the 14 day ticket for Disney and a 3 day for Universal I believe. But, we immediately fell in love with Universal, yes, even back then. The first two years we went to Orlando, September was completely deserted. We had most rides to ourselves and have the joyful memory of doing Splash Mountain over and over again without getting out of the boat....there was just no one there.......most of Disney was like that except when it was the fireworks at night. One of our final memories of Disney is trying to navigate out of Main Street, in the middle of a heaving crowd and honestly being terrified of where we would go if something happened around us.......never been in a crowd like it.

Tom and I were both in the Explosives industry for a long time before we moved countries, and the one thing you do wherever you go is look to how you get out in an emergency. It`s ingrained in you as soon as you first start in the industry. And it never leaves you. Even now whenever we go somewhere new both of us are scanning the building for escape routes.......lol...it sounds ridiculous I know as friends often tell us......but I think it`s how we`ll be for life. So that night, we were honestly a little scared of just how many people were crammed around us.

Even on the busiest HHN we`ve never felt crammed in like that again.

And from 2009 onwards we never went back to Disney again. Universal was plenty for us. And as most of you know we have always enjoyed getting around Florida which is why we always hire a car. Staying for longer periods of time gives us that luxury to explore out of the area and see more of what`s on offer around you other than theme parks, which we do love, but even us on a 3 week stay might get a little bored doing them all day every day........

Over the years we`ve steadily taken more and more pictures of the event.....I`m amazed how few pictures we took in the early years of visiting........and some I`m sure we have tucked away on a disc somewhere that didn`t make it on to a hard drive. I do remember some that I know we took and now can`t find them.....maybe one day we`ll come across them and they`ll be a delight to see again.

I think 2015 is the year we began to take a whole lot more pictures.........

Thanks to Maria (worfiedoodles) for the idea of reminiscing about HHN gone by........... 🎃

2007 was indeed Jack`s Carnival of Carnage and we absolutely loved that year! The show that featured Jack was amazing......completely amazing........they had the predicatable teenagers captured on stage and they were all eliminated in some amazingly gruesome ways.......the next being more gruesome than the last..........you can see folks videos of it on Youtube......and the atmosphere was just electric......and so new to us.

Kyle was 14 and the youngest I would have taken him to the event. It is not recommended for 13 and under, sadly too many ignore this advice and over the years we have seen babies, toddlers, strollers and tiny babes in arms at the event. We`ve seen crying children, screaming children and downright overwhelmed children. Horrible to see. Wouldn`t it be lovely for it to be an adult only event for once.......head to the kiddie park down the road......

But, Kyle loved it, he wasn`t phased at all with any of the gruesome stuff......he finds it all funny and has no fear of scary movies the way I do.....but still watch them voraciously........love em!!!

And 2007 was the first year we saw Bill and Ted Show which was truly excellent back then!!!! It lost a lot of it`s humour for us in the latter years, still watched it though, but we much preferred the early years (for us) shows as they just seemed more edgy and not politically correct at all.

And the fabulous Rocky Horror Picture Show which was the most fabulous thing to watch and much to Kyle`s mortification dancing along to the Timewarp with everyone else.......well, you just have to join in........:cheer2:

And looking back.......even though it is an incredibly popular event.......it was nowhere near as busy as it was now. But, we were there mid September so as others have since told me, it gets much much busier into October which we did find the years we did do October.

Only once did we do HHN on Halloween itself......it was fairly quiet and we did enjoy it.

i-LdSMmjB-X2.jpg

DAMMIT JANET..........:rotfl:

i-QPq5qNR-X2.jpg

i-2HmX6dM-X2.jpg

i-Z82WgWD-X2.jpg

Not the best image of Jack.........

i-6cg99rt-X2.jpg

Our favourite house that year was the Psychoscareapy house......it stood out among them all, but we loved Friday the 13th: Camp Blood and Dead Silence too......but all the houses I can say we enjoyed immensely........

That year, we so regret it now, but we only did one night at HHN......hard to imagine now as we usually do on average 10 nights at the event using the Rush of Fear ticket and always with EP!! Would not do the event without it.......lines can be hours long and no......not for us........but we just didn`t know enough about the event back then to know numerous nights for us, is required.

That night though we got back to our Downtown Disney hotel and all we talked about was how much we had enjoyed the night......a real highlight of that trip.

More to come............:)

The guy with the chainsaw and the bloody arm.....yikes!
I'd be running the other way and screaming my fool head off, lol!

We missed a couple of years through having to travel once in August as Kyle was starting college early in September, and in 2012 we had to go in August as Kyle had two major events coming up that year. The first was when he had back surgery which was in August and thankfully after such major surgery he recovered very quickly and started University late September.

Unbelievably stressful time all round for all of us. Seeing your 18 year old son go in for back surgery that would take 5 hours was one of the worst experiences of our life. We felt so incredibly helpless and put our trust in a neurosurgeon who we did feel completely confident with, but we still were beside ourselves with worry. I think that was the longest afternoon of our life.

But, it turned out fine, more than fine and we started him walking as soon as he got home, which was remarkably the next day.......we took it easy and I walked every day with him, starting with baby steps then eventually walking 5 miles within a few weeks. So, by late September he was fit and healthy to start doing his Degree. We are incredibly proud of him.

But, we did enjoy the previous years we managed 08/09 and 2010.

2008 was probably our second favourite year of the early ones.........reflections of Fear was amazing and yes had one of the most controversial of billboards to advertise it.......as our Andrea will attest to as her very young daughter was one of the children terrified from it......it was fairly aggressive......and have to admit we loved it ::yes::.......and that year the houses lived up to the expectations.......

i-NwGWdjf-X2.jpg

This is one of Tom`s (mine too) favourite pictures of all our HHN visits, yes, I have posted it many times :rolleyes1........this was 2008 and Tom told me to stand in the mist......I had no idea there was a creature lurking in there.......I thought it was a decorative tree........him and Kyle just stood back and waited for my reaction......which didn`t fail them.........:rotfl:

9-28-2008-090-M.jpg

I kept those devil horns as they always came in handy in our old home when the religious fanatics came to the door......soon as they saw them......they knew they were wasting their time....:laughing:

That year our highlights were the Reflections of Fear house which was round where the Jaws ride was, always remember the positioning of that house for some reason......Body Collectors, The Hallow and Scary Tales were all stand out for us. And some of the scare zones were out of this world.......Asylum in Wonderland really freaked me a few times.

In 2014 they finally came up with, for me the best HHN house they could ever come up with.......yep, a house about the movie Halloween based on the original 1978 movie, which had spooked me for years......my teenage years were haunted by that masked man......I still have a real aversion to white masks being honest.

i-bXVmTnX-X2.jpg

One of the biggest pleasures of going to HHN is we have met some lovely, lovely people along the way......most we have stayed very good friends with. Some you meet once and never see or hear from again.......and some......well.......I`ll leave it at that.......:thumbsup2

This year we had the pleasure of meeting one of the coolest guys to ever post on the San thread......and just an all round nice guy....and a lovely wife too.......Mad Hattered or Greg and Dana were just fabulous to meet up with. We met for lunch in Nascar as NBC used to be and that`s another place that is missed a lot........anyone up for Boogity Boogity Boogity Shrimp (@tink1957 ) that was one of the nicest dishes they did.........but it was so good to meet up with him and his wife......

He is a huge HHN fan and a massive Jaws fan too........we miss him a lot but he doesn`t post anymore.

i-jSxsxNn-X2.jpg

That year we were so excited about with the Halloween house, and I hated/loved seeing all the merchandise around the place......you couldn`t get away from that white masked face wherever you went.........and Kyle was in his element teasing me all the time........

And one day Tom pointed me in another direction and asked if some invisible perosn in the distance was someone we knew.......of course it was all a diversion to distract me while Kyle got ready to play a practical joke on me.......and it worked..........::yes::

I turned to see him standing right behind me.......like this........

i-fFVgLSh-X2.jpg

i-R2dZMfn-X2.jpg

Yes, hilarious!!!! Or so everyone around thought at the time.........:rotfl:

It was funny....later........Kyle did want to buy the mask, and if I remember correctly you couldn`t purchase it there and then, you had to order it and pick it up later......I absolutely told him he wasn`t to buy it.......

He didn`t. But, we did get him the tee shirt with the face on it and it`s still like brand new to this day......and he doesn`t wear it often, but when he does it spooks me every time!

The yearly tradition for Mel`s Drive-In is to remove some of the letters so it reads Die-In and we didn`t notice it the first year, it had to be pointed out to us in 2008. Like it though........

i-5ZkrzKV-X2.jpg

The decor around the parks during the day is completely harmless and shouldn`t offend anyone......I see folks asking if their sensitive child will be traumatised by seeing anything......no. All the gory stuff is either removed or well covered up.....they keep that for the guests who pay to see it all.......

i-vwmj5Td-X2.jpg

The night we did Halloween for the first time, the weather was foul. We had met up with Metro West and he didn`t have EP so we lined up and waited in the pouring rain in the regular line......we must have been crazy...but it was fun despite us being able to wring our clothes out completely when we got back home to the hotel.......we were completely drenched and I think this was the only house we did that night as the weather was just dreadful......

i-rCChjLS-X2.jpg

The house we loved from the first time we did it. Scared me to my core every time. Usually folks are hurrying the lines along, but one night as we walked into the living room scene where he was attacking Laurie......I kind of got spooked for a second (I know crazy) and just stopped and stared. "Michael" must have sensed the lack of movement in the line, saw me looking a little alarmed.......he stopped what he was doing to Laurie and just looked at me....must only have been seconds, but I was transfixed to him......and Tom mused later no one in the line was yelling for me to keep moving.........lol......all of a sudden Michael slowly did the slight head tilt, then lifted his knife towards me and lunged at me.......that was when I screamed and ran.........only to run into another one......

By the time I got outside my heart was pounding and I was shaking.....Tom and Kyle found it hilarious......especially as I thought it was all over.......only to run into another one outside behind a fence!!!! Jeez........even the Police Officers found that funny........especially as I took to my heels and ran!

:blush:

That was the best experience of that house that night, but we were always lucky with timings for it and many Michaels got me to scream over many nights......loved it!

That was the year they had one of my least favourite houses......Alien vs Predator and they had The Purge as a scare zone......didn`t like either of them and we weren`t fans of the Walking Dead at that point.......but to be fair the house was ok. The Purge I hated........and Dusk til Dawn wasn`t a favourite either.......

Loved Dollhouse of the Damned that year and another two were really good.......

i-w8KqV8P-X2.jpg

i-8LTvMMC-X2.jpg

i-DPw7c93-X2.jpg

MASKerade Unstitched was the marvellous scare zone area.....it was a lot of fun and over many nights, we got some fabulous pictures......Face Off was excellent too I have to say.

It is better in the dark for sure, but to be able to see and appreciate some of the SA and the wonderful costumes and make up they have is lovely too. And it surprises even me how many scares you can get in the daylight!

Bayou of Blood was another stand out scare zone that year.....

i-j4BRmRK-X2.jpg

i-GMmrrct-X2.jpg

i-Kd7ZP7L-X2.jpg

i-px56PmX-X2.jpg

i-xr2xhwQ-X2.jpg

i-6bpvg2s-X2.jpg

i-rk7PGH7-X2.jpg

This would of course be Kyle`s last HHN for a long time........and he was glad it was that year they did a Halloween house......he knows his mother well!!!

Again, Bill and Ted were most Excellent and RHPS was a classic, we only saw it once this trip for some reason.......but not to be missed and one we wish they would bring back......

This HHN had been for us, one of the best with the Halloween house......but not our favourite year overall.

We still had an absolute blast though........so many laughs and mainly them following me around and seeing how many times they could see me either jump 10 feet in the air or run.....not something I do often......lol.......

2015 will be along soon........:wave:

Last edited:
The guy with the chainsaw and the bloody arm.....yikes!
I'd be running the other way and screaming my fool head off, lol!

:rotfl:

That is quite the vision Lori........

Have to admit the chainsaws we could do without now.....they were fun at first, but now they are something we don`t pay attention to......wouldn`t miss them if they were gone.......maybe I`m getting old......lol......

You`d love it! That`s my mission this year is to get you to HHN.....you need to talk to mac about it.....she is the biggest HHN fan ever!!! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Love Disney but not a big fan of how crowded it is for fireworks... When we watch them, we stand on the outside edge, for a quick easy exit, just in case... My husband is like you and Tom, always scanning for the nearest exit when he's in a crowd... And he doesn't like sitting in the middle of a room or having his back towards a door either...

Did i hear my name, amidst the lovely sound of chainsaws?:laughing:
I have to admit, as nice as Barbados sounds, beach trips would bore us to tears I think.
& Barbados, did I hear Barbados :)? One of my favorite islands to visit when cruising...that thing people used to enjoy, sigh.
Unbelievably stressful time all round for all of us. Seeing your 18 year old son go in for back surgery that would take 5 hours was one of the worst experiences of our life. We felt so incredibly helpless and put our trust in a neurosurgeon who we did feel completely confident with, but we still were beside ourselves with worry. I think that was the longest afternoon of our life.
I cannot imagine-hugs. had to be so scary for you all.

One of our final memories of Disney is trying to navigate out of Main Street, in the middle of a heaving crowd and honestly being terrified of where we would go if something happened around us.......never been in a crowd like it.

We've been caught in that too and it's terrible! Our first trip they were showing Fantasmic twice a night at Hollywood Studios, and we were going to the second one. It was absolute chaos from all the people trying to enter and leave at the same time, and there was no organization to the crowd at all it was the most people I've ever seen packed into an area.

That year, we so regret it now, but we only did one night at HHN..

We made the same mistake the first year or two we went too :rotfl: The first year I was tired, and I don't think we even got to all the houses in that night.

I kept those devil horns as they always came in handy in our old home when the religious fanatics came to the door......soon as they saw them......they knew they were wasting their time....:laughing:

:lmao:

Love Disney but not a big fan of how crowded it is for fireworks... When we watch them, we stand on the outside edge, for a quick easy exit, just in case... My husband is like you and Tom, always scanning for the nearest exit when he's in a crowd... And he doesn't like sitting in the middle of a room or having his back towards a door either...

It was horrible......that feeling of just being swept along with a crowd.....we were so glad to get out of there that night. To add insult to injury, a tiny little woman bumped into me and almost knocked me flying as we headed to the boat.......lol...her reasoning as I yelled Hey at her was......"I`m tired".....lol......yes, being tired is an excuse for rudeness. Think she was an early snowflake........

It`s common sense to me to look for exits, I doubt we`ll change now.

My dad was like that with doors, our sitting room growing up was laid out so no chair would make you sit with a door behind them. Our sitting room had two doors so it was quite difficult to manage but mum did it......lol......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter