14 nights....Ho-Ho-Hope this one happens....A "maybe" Dec 2020 TR...

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
She's not quite such a scaredy cat now at 16, but still not a fan of horror. Glad your birthday was terrific!
Oh lordy, she was very young then wasn`t she!

No wonder she was so petrified. I think that would have put me off scary things forever at that age......

Thanks.....I had a lovely birthday.......:flower3:

schumigirl

Scotland looks beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing that with us!!!

And I hope you had a great birthday yesterday and got spoiled rotten!!!! pixiedust:

We have a trip planned to Florida in October... Right now we're staying at Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge for a week but we're not going to Disney... I think, maybe, not sure yet, we might be going to Universal... It all depends on how my husband is feeling... He has a bone infection in his finger (work injury) and is on two very strong antibiotics for 6 weeks and they're kicking his butt... He's exhausted and all he wants to do is sleep... There's no way he'll survive 4 days at Universal feeling this way... He's calling the dr this morning so I'm hoping they can do something to help him...

And as for Covid, my state is in the top 10 for positive cases per capita... But we have no travel restrictions or restrictions on the size of gatherings... And the state isn't requiring masks but most businesses are... Don't ask why unless you want me to rant about politics... :rolleyes2 :rotfl2:
I am so happy you liked them Nancy.......I could show pictures of Scotland forever and a day.....and yes, I was spoiled rotten and happy to admit that.....lol......

Oh no! Sending so many good wishes to your husband......that sounds awful and I can imagine how some antibiotics will affect you.....hope the doc comes up with something as an alternative to what he`s on. October is just around the corner......I`m happy to hear you have a trip coming up though.....

Oh that doesn`t sound good being in the top 10 and no restrictions??? Er, maybe I won`t ask then......lol.....don`t want us to get into trouble........:duck:

Tink2Day

DIS Veteran
Oh no! Fell asleep at the wheel again:drive: and missed your Birthday! Well Happy Belated Birthday 🎂. I have a terrible yearning to go to Scotland, thanks to you Carole!
I don't think I would even be able to go there on a ship, no one wants us.😁 I love water but cruise ships? Not so much. Hope to hear about any other trips you'll be making, this one was fun and so interesting to see your beautiful homeland!

• schumigirl

Oh no! Fell asleep at the wheel again:drive: and missed your Birthday! Well Happy Belated Birthday 🎂. I have a terrible yearning to go to Scotland, thanks to you Carole!
    I don't think I would even be able to go there on a ship, no one wants us.😁 I love water but cruise ships? Not so much. Hope to hear about any other trips you'll be making, this one was fun and so interesting to see your beautiful homeland!
    lol.....Thank you! And I know you`d completely fall in love with Scotland.......I`ll happily be your tour guide if you ever do go........:thumbsup2

Yes, it`s strange, I love water too, we have always lived beside the sea on both coasts, I love Lochs and rivers, but at the same time I`m not fond of being in water! And cruise ships.......me too. Never been a fan and even less now for a lot of reasons.

Our numbers are going up here too, so doubt many will want Brits descending on them either!!

Next trip is to the Cotswolds at the beginning of next month, well unless any more restrictions have been put in place by then 🥴......weather can be a hit.....or a very big miss lol.......but will take lots of pictures there too. It`s such a beautiful area, very Olde Worlde and very quaint. If the weather is decent we plan a day in Oxford, haven`t been there for a good few years......

:wave2:

KathyM2

DIS Veteran
    Love the sandwiches......they are so different to sandwiches you get Stateside.....
    Yes those tea sandwiches are only found in the US (or Canada really) if you go to a formal "tea" But funny thing...I do like making them crustless at home like that....fun to eat!

..the barmaid confided in us she wasn`t a dog fan either and wished they would change the policy.
    I am a huge dog fan lol..and I love that dogs seem to be allowed in a lot of pubs lol..but that said...if you aren't a fan...I can understand why having them inside would be a turn off!!

Will then make sure we have plenty of good food images!!!
    Yes please!! Hopefully the weather will cooperate though for some nice outdoor views too!!

In England come Monday we are now back to limiting get togethers on more than 6 people, inside or out......our numbers are rising again, fairly high in some areas, although where we are it`s not too bad.
    Well here in Toronto, and the rest of Ontario, our limits just got pushed back down to 10 for indoor gatherings and 25 for outdoor...but schools just started this week here...so who knows what will happen in a few weeks...

Tom said our other altenative is the one thing I said I`d never do........cruise over to America.......:scared1:
    Funny. My parents did the transatlantic from Southampton to NYC on the Queen Mary 2 in May 2019. They loved it, but they love cruises and boating in general and don't get seasick ever. But even they said there were some rough seas at times, and the captain HAD to point out when they were passing right by where the Titanic went down lol. That said though later in the summer it might be calmer and the big ships that do the crossing can be quite fantastic. But.....then you'd still have a long journey from NYC to Orlando lol!! A 2 day drive? But could be fun lol...notsomuch during covid though...sigh....

Anyway...I hope for your sake (and mine) that borders open and flights start flying..... Our borders with the US just got announced that they are staying closed until at least Oct 21 - but that is land borders. There are still (some) flights going to and from the US if you really need to go, but they are very much discouraging unnecessary travel. I know this since my son was able to fly to the US since he is registered in school there, but I was not allowed to go with him. I know it's wishful thinking and probably delusional...but I am hoping that if Biden wins in November and the US at least starts to pretend that they care about flattening the curve along with the rest of the world...then maybe travel can start up again if numbers all over start to equalize? Who the heck knows.....

schumigirl

Yes those tea sandwiches are only found in the US (or Canada really) if you go to a formal "tea" But funny thing...I do like making them crustless at home like that....fun to eat!

I am a huge dog fan lol..and I love that dogs seem to be allowed in a lot of pubs lol..but that said...if you aren't a fan...I can understand why having them inside would be a turn off!!

Yes please!! Hopefully the weather will cooperate though for some nice outdoor views too!!

Well here in Toronto, and the rest of Ontario, our limits just got pushed back down to 10 for indoor gatherings and 25 for outdoor...but schools just started this week here...so who knows what will happen in a few weeks...

Funny. My parents did the transatlantic from Southampton to NYC on the Queen Mary 2 in May 2019. They loved it, but they love cruises and boating in general and don't get seasick ever. But even they said there were some rough seas at times, and the captain HAD to point out when they were passing right by where the Titanic went down lol. That said though later in the summer it might be calmer and the big ships that do the crossing can be quite fantastic. But.....then you'd still have a long journey from NYC to Orlando lol!! A 2 day drive? But could be fun lol...notsomuch during covid though...sigh....

Anyway...I hope for your sake (and mine) that borders open and flights start flying..... Our borders with the US just got announced that they are staying closed until at least Oct 21 - but that is land borders. There are still (some) flights going to and from the US if you really need to go, but they are very much discouraging unnecessary travel. I know this since my son was able to fly to the US since he is registered in school there, but I was not allowed to go with him. I know it's wishful thinking and probably delusional...but I am hoping that if Biden wins in November and the US at least starts to pretend that they care about flattening the curve along with the rest of the world...then maybe travel can start up again if numbers all over start to equalize? Who the heck knows.....
    I do like dogs, just not where there is food. I sound like a grouch I guess, but I`m the same in someone`s house, I hate for example seeing cats wandering over kitchen surfaces and so on.......I`m not the type to get an animal I think. But, do love my friends dogs.

When we have afternoon tea with friends (usually just the ladies funnily enough) that`s the type of sandwiches we make.....they are very pretty and quite dainty.......

Our schools are back just over a week, but rates were rising before that in different areas of the UK. So far our area hasn`t been given extra restrictions, fingers crossed it stays that way and same with the Cotswolds......just be like it for us to have to cancel another trip. But, glad the Scotland one happened out of them all.

I can imagine the Atlantic being rough. Seasickness isn`t fun. My first experience of seasickness was as a child crossing over the North Sea to go to Zandvoort in Holland in 1973. Oh boy....vowed then never to go on a boat again.....I did of course, several times across the Channel and once or twice more over the North Sea.....never as bad, but still never really liked boats. The Queen Mary 2, that is a beautiful lady!

If we ever did sail to NY, I think I`d have to fly down to Orlando.....I`d never fancy doing that drive.....

I think we all have images of "what will be" in the near future......yes, only essential travel is allowed here. Although I have discovered we could fly to Barbados, spend two weeks there and then fly legally into anywhere in America......seems ludicrous but true! Kyle has just over 6 weeks vacation a year, but with the two and a half weeks he has used up for the Christmas trip, he has used up his vacation time this year. If he hadn`t we would have enjoyed two weeks there then flown in......but we wouldn`t go without him.

KathyM2

DIS Veteran
    I think we all have images of "what will be" in the near future......yes, only essential travel is allowed here. Although I have discovered we could fly to Barbados, spend two weeks there and then fly legally into anywhere in America......seems ludicrous but true! Kyle has just over 6 weeks vacation a year, but with the two and a half weeks he has used up for the Christmas trip, he has used up his vacation time this year. If he hadn`t we would have enjoyed two weeks there then flown in......but we wouldn`t go without him.
    Funny you mention Barbados. My parents were seriously considering booking a trip there for Feb 2021 because they have not spent a full winter in Canada for over 30 years...and really didn't want to start now....And we could actually go to Barbados too but same deal, we'd have to quarantine after, but they wouldn't mind that so much...but I think they are reconsidering. It just seems scary that you could some how get sick and get stuck there, or just get stuck there for some other reason. Just really not a good time to be travelling if you don't have to...but I miss it so much...as I'm sure you do too!!

• schumigirl

Funny you mention Barbados. My parents were seriously considering booking a trip there for Feb 2021 because they have not spent a full winter in Canada for over 30 years...and really didn't want to start now....And we could actually go to Barbados too but same deal, we'd have to quarantine after, but they wouldn't mind that so much...but I think they are reconsidering. It just seems scary that you could some how get sick and get stuck there, or just get stuck there for some other reason. Just really not a good time to be travelling if you don't have to...but I miss it so much...as I'm sure you do too!!
    I have to admit, as nice as Barbados sounds, beach trips would bore us to tears I think.

We do have friends who love the Carribean and places like the Maldives where they just soak up the sun all day......we`d last half an hour before getting restless.....so maybe Barbados isn`t for us......

Can`t say I blame your parents for wanting to do that trip. I can imagine Canadian winters....yes, I`d want a break too......lol......

I`d travel tomorrow if I could ::yes::.......I`m wary, but sensible. But, Tom keeps reminding me of all the travel we`ll do to make up for this year.......😁 There are so many folks worse off than us with this, so we thank our lucky stars every day......:wave2:

iona

Mouseketeer
    We did try for the last week in September for the Cotswolds, but I think everyone and their granny had booked up! We just couldn`t get what we wanted for that week.....but, looking forward to that break a lot.....hope you have a lovely trip there too, it`s so beautiful.......
    Thanks - just hoping we get to go! At the moment both the Cotswolds and where we live are towards the bottom of the cases per 100,000 people list, so I’m hopeful there won’t be any local lockdown issues - it’s just whether anything goes in at a national level during the next week.

You can add us to the list of people who had a look at Barbados! Our Christmas trip to Orlando has gone but I’m still holding out hope for Austria next summer (postponed from this year) and then Orlando next autumn...

schumigirl

Thanks - just hoping we get to go! At the moment both the Cotswolds and where we live are towards the bottom of the cases per 100,000 people list, so I’m hopeful there won’t be any local lockdown issues - it’s just whether anything goes in at a national level during the next week.

You can add us to the list of people who had a look at Barbados! Our Christmas trip to Orlando has gone but I’m still holding out hope for Austria next summer (postponed from this year) and then Orlando next autumn...
    We love Austria....that and Switzerland are two places in Europe we will go back to visit one day. Beautiful countries. Yes, I`m sure you`ll get to visit both next year.......

I have visions of Barbados being inundated with Brits all of a sudden......lol.....

Yes, we`ve just been talking about the potential lockdown coming up this week. Not much point in going for us if restaurants and other places are all closed. We`re the same, our area isn`t high on any list, but yes, if it goes nationwide not much we can do about that........definitely be glad to see this year out of the way........

Hope you get away end of the month.....and get good weather if you do :sunny:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS