120 minute wait for IASW

I absolutely believe people do with the holiday overlay and the fact that is Sat before Thanksgiving. Personally, no way. Looks to be a busy week!

App says current wait time for IASW is 120 minutes. Who waits 2 hours for IASW (even with the holiday overlay)????o_O

I remember it getting pretty long the past few years around the time they do that light/projection show at christmas time. I don't think ive ever seen it THAT long though.

Yup that sounds right. Sadly because of the holiday lights/overlay, the parade times, the FP added, busy time, etc it is a Looong wait until after the holidays usually. I can’t imagine waiting that long but even last year pre-FP I’ve seen the line this long!

You can also blame the addition of Fastpass. Every person going through that line is prioritized over the 2 hour standby line.

How long have the FPs been lasting every day?

You can also blame the addition of Fastpass. Every person going through that line is prioritized over the 2 hour standby line.

I checked on the app when this got posted last night and they were still giving them out for 11:30-midnight.

I checked on the app when this got posted last night and they were still giving them out for 11:30-midnight.
Thanks! That's encouraging at least. I'd like to watch the app and pick one up for any night we're in DL late so we can make this our last stop, then (hopefully) take the train or monorail out of the park.

We were there Nov 14-16 and FP were available all day/evening for IASW all three days. One thing that really messed with wait times was all three days IASW was shutting down multiple times a day, which caused FP issues and standby issues, it was really a mess every afternoon/evening. Mornings were still good with very short standby waits. All 3 of the FP that we pulled for IASW became any experience FP due to the closures.

We were there Nov 14-16 and FP were available all day/evening for IASW all three days. One thing that really messed with wait times was all three days IASW was shutting down multiple times a day, which caused FP issues and standby issues, it was really a mess every afternoon/evening. Mornings were still good with very short standby waits. All 3 of the FP that we pulled for IASW became any experience FP due to the closures.
I also think more people want to ride it at night so they can see the lights on their way in/out. I know we never ride it during the day when it's decked out for the holidays.

We were there on November 10th when IASW Holiday and the Christmas parade launched. After the first parade, the IASW line was a mess. Standby was backed up to the Toon Town underpass. It was 120 minutes all day/night after the first parade. We had FPs around 6pm and the FP return line was about 20 minutes and you had to ask a CM to show you where it was as it was impossible to tell in the sea of people.

Any idea what would cause the ride to go down? The boats aren't highly technical.

Any idea what would cause the ride to go down? The boats aren't highly technical.

I have no clue, but like I said we got 3 different FP over the course of 2 days and we didn't use any of them on IASW because it was always down during our window, and any time we checked back. We ended up riding it on the 16th via standby but it closed down again a couple hours later.

HOLY SMOKES!!!!! I can't believe that - 120 minutes? I'm not keeping up very good on the latest news, does anyone know why IASW got FP?

I remember when I was 4-5 years old getting to ride over and over and over again without getting out of the boat because no one was in line. Those days are long gone!

We were there yesterday in the morning. Went on 3 times with at most 5-10 minute wait. The problem is everyone wants to see it at night with the lights or they flood it after the parade. Just go in the morning. It's really not worth 2 hours just to see it at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter