• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12 Days of WDW - 11 Day of Trip

iluvdisney

DIS Veteran/DVC Member
We wake up to an unusually COLD morning at WDW, need to get a move on, we're supposed to meet SIL's family at DL for breakfast. I did so much bragging about my breakfast with friends at Boatwrights, that everyone wanted to go and check it out. Except for being seated too close to an entrance doorway, breakfast was enjoyed by all - hard to believe it, but all the plates were cleaned of crumbs even! Then I had told all so much about the Wilderness Lodge Villas, they elected me tour guide (again) and we drove over to check them out. Now SIL's family was getting very interested in the Vacation Club, but that's another story. We toured the room they had open to show members, checked out the health club - a new fave of DH's and sat in the lobby looking around for Hidden Mickeys. We also took great interest in what I call a sitting room decorated with Walt's train memorabilia. While walking back to the cars, we all decided to go back to our rooms and bundle up for an afternoon at Epcot - we're all heading over the the Candlelight Processional - hoping it's not too crowded. DH lies down on the couch and he's out like a light. I let him nap for an hour or so and wake him with news that we had better bundle up big time - the temps are dropping again tonight. When we finally arrive at Epcot, we find ourselves walking really fast from one building to another. I never thought it could get this cold at WDW. But we decide to make the best of it. I get to check out all of the merchandise this way. Need to find a hat! We decide to play around at Innoventions again for a bit and hope to run into SIL but maybe we will catch up with them at the CP. It's going to be a hike but we love to walk around the World Showcase, just no leisurely strolls tonight. We find ourselves taking in every store on the way and are wondering why we see a few people in t-shirts and shorts. I just shake my head with amazement. With our arrival at Germany, I spy the wine-tasting area and a sign that states Hot Spiced Wine - boy, does that sound good tonight. And it was delicious! Warmed up my old bones, for sure. This is where we happen upon SIL and her family - ready to go and sit on those cold seats at the CP, asks DH. I think about it for a sec and say I'll be right back - with another cup of hot wine, off we go - not real line to stand in tonight and I find that hard to believe. Robby Benson is doing the reading and again another fine performance. I wouldn't expct anything less. We all enjoy the choir and get into singing ourselves and I'm misty once again. I seem to get so emotional - almost forgot how cold I was. After the concert, I tell DH that I am headed over to get a cup of hot chocolate and then it's time to get a move on and get into Japan to check out their goods. I'm always looking for something for my boys here - they discovered Dragonball Z 6 years ago. Time to move along, but the wind is starting to cut thru me now and I don't think I will last to see Illuminations tonight. Maybe tomorrow. DH, once again, wants to head over to ESPN to watch the hockey game. I decide to stop off for a hot cup of tea - no cold drinks for me tonight, share some nachos and tell DH that I'm going to DD to pick up a few items. I didn't last long there either because it was very cold and couldn't find what I was looking for. Decide to go back to my room and pick up the car and go and pick up DH so he won't get so cold. Back at the room, I decide to do some laundry, clean up, make a list of what to pick up tomorrow, and get some rest for my last full day at WDW.

Whenever they call me a dreamer, I think of Walt Disney and smile:)

It was awfully cold down there wasnt it. But not to cold to have fun!! Can you believe your trip is almost over?

hipgrl1.gif
<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

Another fun filled day at Disney even in the cold. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter