12 days of Disney Resorts and the Pisgah Inn Road trip

Day1... Travel Day and Disneys Hilton Head Island Resort

Wow! It was a long travel day for sure! We set alarms for 2:45 am and quickly radius ourselves to leave at 3:33 am. Thank goodness we packed up the car last night!
Leaving early made getting through DC and Richmond easy!

Sorry for the sideways pictures... Uploading on my phone and not sure how to fix them 🤣

Then it was a long drive to South of the Border...I must admit that I nearly dozed off a few times. Thank goodness my husband was driving!

We packed a lunch to eat at a rest stop and it was a great feeling to finally get out of the car and do some stretching! It also helped me justify spending kids of $$ on dinner tonight!

Traffic was terrible after hitting the rest area and took forever in heavy traffic to actual get on the island but it was magical once we got here and actually found the resort!
We checked in and Took our luggage to the room...a studio in the main building. Then we went off to explore the resort!
There were thunder storms all around us so the pier was closed and the pool too.
We did a little shopping...bought myself a rain jacket!😉 I needed that later for sure!
We played some corn hole and some bocci ball and then explored the marina.

We headed back to the room just before a huge thunderstorm hit and it down poured!
We had a reservation for Ombre at 8 pm and it wad absolutely delicious! We even say outside under cover! First time I ever ate outside in a thunderstorm!! The food was Favreau! The service was friendly and welcoming! The only thing I would warm about is the lack of a kids menu! DS, Anderson, does not eat much and it was it to get him to eat order. Otherwise, Ombre is a great choice for a meal while in Hilton Head... And only 6 minutes from Disneys resort!

We are all ready for bed and going to get some good sleep tonight! Friends are joining us tomorrow... And we can't wait to see them!

Last edited:
Yeah!! Those are happy faces to be on vacation!!!
We stopped at South of the border a couple years back and I was surprised by what was there. Not too much. But still a fun place to stop.

Yeah!! Those are happy faces to be on vacation!!!
We stopped at South of the border a couple years back and I was surprised by what was there. Not too much. But still a fun place to stop.
Scott and I stopped there for gas when we drove to Disney for our honeymoon. That was nearly 25 years ago!
Haven't been back but we still always use it for a cool marker on our drive down!

Day 2... Disney's Hilton Head

Another great day at Disney's Hilton Head Head Resort! The weather did not necessarily cooperate but we had an absolutely wonderful day!
I started out the morning early with a walk around the resort while the rest of my family slept in. I'm not a very good sleeper so when I wake in the morning I generally slip on shine clothes and slip out the door for an hour or so! I took lots of photos and relaxed in an Adirondack chair watching boats go out of the harbor. It was a perfect morning!

What? I can't get coffee until 8 am? Oh boy, that might be a problem! Tomorrow I will have to find sonewhereelse to get done early morning coffee!
We ate some muffins that I brought from home for breakfast and suited up to head to the Beach House. On our way out we talked to a cast member for about half an hour In the hallway and it was delightful! The cat members at this resort really are the best!

It was a drizzly grey morning but we still we out day at the beach and Beach House! First, we got our first look at the beach and the ocean. The water want add cold as we expected. We gazed at the water for a while and then moved up to enjoy the pool. I mean wow! A heated pool, Disney music playing softly in the background and ping ping...what else could we ask for?

Yes...that is my family looking over the edge at the point ping ball in the tree below!

At 11 We ordered some drinks and food at the Sand bar (the blackened Mahi sandwich wad awesome) before heading back down to the beach for a dip, around 1 pm we decided to come back to the resort and try out the Big Dipper pool and the slide. The sun even made an appearance!
I also had some relaxing time with an adult book! All year long I read young adult books and I was dying for am Alex Cross book!

At about 2:30 we headed back to room to get showered and dressed for an early dinner at Dockside. We were meeting our friends there tonight and we're very excited to see them after so long! Dockside was yummy and the view was to die for...but I ate way too much...AGAIN! Blah!

After dinner we all took a long still down the beach to work off those calories!
This day was near perfect despite the drizzly weather! That's how great this place truly is!

Attachments

• 01F0E8C0-A78A-4B59-9C1F-674677347F31.jpeg
    01F0E8C0-A78A-4B59-9C1F-674677347F31.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Day 3. Disney's Hilton Head Head Resort

Wow! What a beautiful day! Started with my daily walk around the resort area and marina today but my husband was up and joined me this morning. Blue skies, hot sun, and beautiful views!

We meet up with our friends on the beach and had a simply wonderful day! There freaky are no words... It was a gorgeous day with great friends and memories were made!

After a dip in the pool we headed back to the resort to clean up for dinner. We After our Crazy Crab reservation and had pizza and wins from Giuseppe's on the balcony for dinner. It was yummy and very relaxing!

After dinnee We checked out the Vineyard Vines store abs bought a few things and then we're off to Cologny for shine shipping and Ice cream.

We ended the night watching the Disney Fireworks on the resort TV! Now THAT is MAGICAL!!

Tomorrow is our last full day here in HHI brute wet move into Orlando! We plan to make it magical!✨✨✨

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter