12 days of Disney Food!!! Aug 5th - 16th! PICS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why anyone would attack someone over a dining review.:sad2: This is a WDW board, the happiest place on earth. Would you say this stuff to the author's face? I thought not.

She was questioned as to a comment she made about the "authenticity" of the restaurant in the Mexico Pavilion. When she wouldn't back down from her statement, people took exception to it.

If she wishes to continue her "working progress" on her blog, then there should be fewer comments here.

I don't understand why anyone would attack someone over a dining review.:sad2: This is a WDW board, the happiest place on earth. Would you say this stuff to the author's face? I thought not.

It wasn't an attack - the poster just said that SAI tasted like taco bell. That's a comment on SAI, not an attack on the poster. If he/she questioned the intelligence of the poster, THAT would be an attack. The fact was, the OP didn't like it when people responded with opinions that she didn't agree with, so she left. She's got every right to do that. But she doesn't have the right to restrict the thread to comments that agree with her opinions or complement her lovely pictures, just because she started the thread.

Oh and yeah, rebelmom, for whatever its worth, I didn't post anything here that I wouldn't say to her face. I don't know if that assumption was directed toward me, nor can I speak for anybody else who posts on the dis, but I try not to post anything that I wouldn't say in the real world.

I've been reading this review since page one and frankly just fail to see why anyone is so upset. She posted her opinion. Some other people didn't agree with her and posted their opinion. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work on a Discussion Board? I didn't see any personal attacks by the OP or by anyone who disagreed with her.

She was questioned as to a comment she made about the "authenticity" of the restaurant in the Mexico Pavilion. When she wouldn't back down from her statement, people took exception to it.

If she wishes to continue her "working progress" on her blog, then there should be fewer comments here.

I do see now that the OP has gotten upset and left her own thread. I still can't see why anyone could become so upset that someone else didn't agree with them that they would do that.

I guess I'll just move on to other restaurant review threads. Thankfully there is no shorage of them on the Dis.

OP, I enjoyed the reviews. I didn't see the need to post every time I didn't agree with one of your choices, but I did enjoy hearing other posters opinions as well. Hope you enjoy your "working progress."

People can post their comments, however, they cant post rude comments or opinions. I didnt ask for peoples opinions on what THEY thought of the restraunts now did I? And not to mention, this thread and the whole entire dining review board IS NOT meant for debating. It was the whole debate issue weither or not people can actually get authentic mexican food or not in the US. And I still stand by the fact that you can not get authentic international food in the US. Those who think they can get it at their local restraunts are in for a big surprise. Just last night DH and I went to a local mexican restraunt and printed right on their menu AUTHENTIC MEXICAN FOOD. Yeah right! Whatever!! It was the most disguesting mexican food I EVER had.

This thread is meant for me telling you what I had and what I thought about each place we went to. It wasnt meant for debating or fighting. And it certainly wasnt meant for people to post thier own opinions on here. If people wanna post their opinion on a certain place, they need to create their own thread and post their opinion on there. NOT here. Remember opinions and comments are 2 different things. Dont get it mixed up and thinking its the same thing because its not. People can comment all they want about my pics and my reviews. As long as they are NOT rude comments. If its gotta be rude, it needs to be kept left unsaid. I to have feelings you know. And rude comments are not wanted here, nor wanted at all on the whole disboards.

To make matters worse, people have gone against me and the MODs by continuing on with the fighting and debating, after we all have asked for it to stop several times. If you cant respect me, then you shouldnt even be reading my review. You dont see me getting on your reviews and disrespecting you by throwing out rude comments or starting a debate. So what gives you the right to do that to me?

OP, I'm sorry you're leaving and wish you well on your blog. I guess you would have to add me to the list of people who didn't understandand that others weren't allowed to post their opinions. I thought that was one of the primary functions of a Discussion Board. Otherwise, wouldn't we just have thread after thread consisting of only posts by the OP of that thread?

I enjoyed your comments as well as the comments of other posters, whether they agreed with you or not. I must have somehow missed the rude comments. I think perhaps there is some confusion about the difference between a thread on a Discussion Board and someone's personal blog. What you describing is more the later, with little feedback and no differing opinions.

Now I'll move on to other restaurant review threads, but I will miss having the opportunity to finish reading yours. I don't read personal blogs.

Disney8704, I'm so sorry your review was ruined.:guilty:

I felt a definite hostility towards you in this thread, and I just don't understand why!:confused3 Anyone should be able to come here and post their reviews. I enjoyed your reviews and will definitely read them on your blog.:hug:

Comments are what people say after someone makes a statement. If the statement is wrong people will correct the statement. If people feel the statement is wrong they will give their opinions and thus you have a discussion. Some people want to dictate and not allow a discussion. Those people who dictate should not be on a “discussion board”.

People can post their comments, however, they cant post rude comments or opinions. I didnt ask for peoples opinions on what THEY thought of the restraunts now did I?

This thread is meant for me telling you what I had and what I thought about each place we went to. It wasnt meant for debating or fighting. And it certainly wasnt meant for people to post thier own opinions on here. If people wanna post their opinion on a certain place, they need to create their own thread and post their opinion on there. NOT here.

This is a big part of the problem right here. You seem to think that because you started the thread, its your thread. Not true. We're a community. These boards are community boards and the threads are community threads. So maybe you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how these boards work. You have every right to get offended or upset by whatever you want. You have every right to take your reviews offline. But you have no right to comandeer these boards or these threads and decide who's opinion will be heard.

Forum Rules
If you have questions after reading a review here, please feel free to address those questions to the reviewer within that review thread

from the mods

Um exuese me but it is MY thread. I am the one who created and started this thread. These are MY reviews. Just like all other trip and dining reports for other DISers. Its THEIR thread. You cant tell me what to put in this thread. Only I can determin that. Just like with the ADR thread I run. You cant tell me how to run that thread. Yes it is a community thread. But also last time I checked this was a DINING REVIEW BOARD. Not a debate board. And I do have the right weither or not I want opinions. I want comments, however, I do not want you opinion of how you thought a certain place was. Like its been said before by me and others, you want to state your opinion on a certain place, start another thread and state your opinion. I want comments of my reviews and pictures. Meaning I want to hear what you think of my review and pics. I wanna hear if its good or bad and what you thought of my review. NOT your opinion on the restaurant or weither or not you can or cant get authentic international food in the US. You CAN give comments without having to give an opinion. And if you cant do that, then I dont even know why you are even on these boards.

This is a big part of the problem right here. You seem to think that because you started the thread, its your thread. Not true. We're a community. These boards are community boards and the threads are community threads. So maybe you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how these boards work. You have every right to get offended or upset by whatever you want. You have every right to take your reviews offline. But you have no right to comandeer these boards or these threads and decide who's opinion will be heard.

If you don't like what people are saying in a public forum, it is best to move it to a regulated place where you can control the comments and the spell check

Um exuese me but it is MY thread. I am the one who created and started this thread. These are MY reviews. Just like all other trip and dining reports for other DISers. Its THEIR thread. You cant tell me what to put in this thread. Only I can determin that. Just like with the ADR thread I run. You cant tell me how to run that thread. Yes it is a community thread. But also last time I checked this was a DINING REVIEW BOARD. Not a debate board. And I do have the right weither or not I want opinions. I want comments, however, I do not want you opinion of how you thought a certain place was. Like its been said before by me and others, you want to state your opinion on a certain place, start another thread and state your opinion. I want comments of my reviews and pictures. Meaning I want to hear what you think of my review and pics. I wanna hear if its good or bad and what you thought of my review. NOT your opinion on the restaurant or weither or not you can or cant get authentic international food in the US. You CAN give comments without having to give an opinion. And if you cant do that, then I dont even know why you are even on these boards.

You should try listening to other people's opinions. Its a life skill that will take you a long way.

Honestly, and I don't mean to be mean, but this sounds like a giant temper tantrum. Too many I's. Its I, I, I through the whole thing. It is a community message board and I personally welcome hearing new ideas and opinions. Of course I don't agree with everyone, but I also try, in most cases, to have an open mind to other ideas.

I think your idea about blogging would probably be great. You'll be able to control the comments and post exactly what you want.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter