12 days of Disney Food!!! Aug 5th - 16th! PICS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree. Arguing makes no sense. This website is a godsend for those that are planning a WDW vacation, or just wanting to live a little magic, so to speak, through other's reviews. I have been pretty appalled lately at the negativity on certain threads and I would hesitate to suggest other's use this board. Kind of sad, really. :confused3
I agree. I have a friend who's planning a trip, and asked me if I knew of any good websites. I told her about the DIS, but I warned her that some people would start a debate over anything.

Oh please, the OP has been completely ripped apart for giving her review. People have been arguing with her, and telling her that her opinion is wrong, on her review. If anything, those posters should be given points, not the OP.

I really don't get why so many people need to come on here just to argue.

There's a big difference between 1) arguing ridiculous claims about food around the world and 2) sharing ones input on a particular restaurant. The mods asked people to stop making comments like the former. The latter isn't only fair game, it should be encouraged. When the OP comes on here and tells people to stop commenting on her thread (which by the way, as I pointed out, is on a DISCUSSION board) or else she'll take her ball and go home - that's argumentative. Some people need to lighten up and tolerate other peoples comments and opinions.

I've enjoyed the dining reviews on this thread and hope to read more. :goodvibes

I would hesitate to suggest other's use this board. Kind of sad, really. :confused3

You SHOULD hesitate to recommend this board if conversations are going to be completely restricted. How is the third person supposed to get a good picture of a restaurant if one person says "I liked it" and that comment is allowed, but somebody else replies "I lived in mexico and I thought this mexican restaurant was no better than Taco Bell" and that comment is supressed?
If somebody has some useful perspect to add to the discussion, their comments should be welcomed.

You SHOULD hesitate to recommend this board if conversations are going to be completely restricted. How is the third person supposed to get a good picture of a restaurant if one person says "I liked it" and that comment is allowed, but somebody else replies "I lived in mexico and I thought this mexican restaurant was no better than Taco Bell" and that comment is supressed?
If somebody has some useful perspect to add to the discussion, their comments should be welcomed.
Because this is not a thread asking for opinions of SAI! This is a review of the OP's meals, no one else's. Why don't you start a thread on the main board, if you want to discuss the food at SAI, and just let the OP continue her reviews in peace.

As I said earlier:
038.gif
026.gif

It's sad that adults can't be as respectful as my 3 year old. I would rather read this on your blog anyway where you can atleast filter out all the crybaby comments.

CRYBABY COMMENTS? What's wrong with you people? Here are the exact comments that sparked all of this:

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. SAI is the most unauthentic food in all of the WS.
I am from Mexico, My family has lived there, we are planning on returning to live soon AND we are from REAL Mexico, not a tourist town.
My husband and I thought the meal was no better than a taco bell. As far as the 'mexican cows' that's just crazy.

Those aren't "crybaby comments," that is useful input. Tell me this - if people aren't allowed to comment on other people's reviews, why are they allowed to leave comments? If the mods intended to supress feedback and insight from others on a review thread, wouldn't they restrict the thread and not allow anybody other than the OP to post?

I'm not being a crybaby and I'm not being argumentative, I'm just saying for a review to be at all useful, people have to be allowed to comment on it. So lets all stop whining about people's comments - evaluate them for yourselves and either comment in return or move on.

You know, after all the hostility the OP has taken, I'm really going to debate doing my own reviews. Knowing me I probably will, since I'm used to it, but this really turns me off.

Sure, useful perspective, but I haven't seen one useful comment yet. Most choose to be sarcastic, rude and just plain mean to the OP. These are her OPINIONS on the dining establishments she ate in. Take her OPINIONS as you will, but rude, and sarcastic COMMENTS are not necessary!

The debate begins when the posters write their opinions of things. When "your" opinions make no sense then you get people trying to justify "your opinions". So please state why you are for or against, but don't make comments that are attacks on the food, servers or the restaurant.
If you want authentic food go the county of the food. No food in a foreign county can be authentic.

If you are insulting the food, then you are going to get debate. Which is healthy for understanding. If you can not take debate then you need to adjust what you write.

OP, I love the pictures of the food from Boma. At first glance, I thought that it was a filet with the breakfast, but it was the cinnamon french toast! It makes me wish that my DH was a breakfast person so we could eat at all these fabulous spots when we return to WDW.

OK I asked for everyone to please stop with the rude posts and debates and so far that is not happening! Im not gonna tolerate this. The dining review on here is OVER. For those who wish to continue to read my dining reviews, you may do so at:

http://disney8704.blogspot.com/

Remember, all comments must be approved first before submitting onto the blog.

To all those who are being rude and have been rude...Thanks so much for ruining it for the others and for myself. You are the people that give the DISBoards a bad name and you should be ashamed of yourself!

For now on I WILL NOT be writing my reviews on the boards. I will be writing them on my blog. And that goes for all dining and trip reports.

You may continue with the arguments and the hatered. Just remember, I wont be the one with the points!

MODs, I must ask you to please lock this thread. TIA!

I bookmarked your blog, I can't wait to read it all. It's unfortunate how this thread turned out. I thought that debate was over, but some people just have to beat dead horses over and over again. I'm glad you started a blog, and that I'll get to read the rest of your reviews.

I am sorry to see you leave as I have enjoyed your dining reviews. It is sad really that a few people had to ruin it even after a couple of Mods had said to stop. I am, once again, amazed at what goes on here sometimes. :confused3

:sad2:

You may continue to read my dining reviews on my blog

http://disney8704.blogspot.com/

Note that it still in a working progress.

I am sorry to see you leave as I have enjoyed your dining reviews. It is sad really that a few people had to ruin it even after a couple of Mods had said to stop. I am, once again, amazed at what goes on here sometimes. :confused3

:sad2:

I'm so sorry to see you leave. I will definitely be reading your blog. Thank you for what you wrote on here so far though. I know I truly enjoyed it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter